Reckonings: Anders Black

Online roleplaying at the Café
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Reckonings: Anders Black

Post by DeepShadow of FoS »

This is the character sheet thread where we can go through Anders' actions in the game and try to deduce what his stats are. In addition to the beloved metagame, this thread has another purpose: to narrow down for Rafael what powers he is entitled to change as the new player. Therefore, I'm requesting that everyone who posts here give a link to where the power or ability was used.

I'll start: Anders must have 8 or 9 levels in Psion Uncarnate, because he's used the uncarnate bridge ability twice--once to jump between shipsand once to slay the will-o-sea. This is an 8th-level ability for uncarnates, and he can't have 10 levels or he'd be bodiless most of the time.

In the course of this fact-finding, we may discover things that were based on faulty information from the original bad build. I may veto a particular statistic if it appears this is the case, and if there is any doubt I'll give more weight to stats that are non-numerical; whether or not Anders has an ability (such as uncarnate bridge) is usually more reliable than whether he did 32d6 or 34d6 points of fire damage to Ashkar's ship.
Last edited by DeepShadow of FoS on Sun Dec 17, 2006 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Avariel has borrowed wings,
The Puppeteer must cut the strings
The Orphan Queen must take the throne
The Queen of Orphans calls them home
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

The fight scene also established a hard minimum for soulknife levels; Anders used the dispelling special ability as an enhancement to his soulblade, which is a +2 bonus, and that means he can't be any lower than 10th level as a soulknife. He has to be able to manifest 3rd level powers, and I think he's done waaayyy too much energy stuff to be anything other than a kineticist, although I'll have to check to see if he's used any powers from the kineticist-only list. So you're looking at kineticist 5+/psion uncarnate 8 or 9/soulknife 10+, and a minimum of 23 levels have been accounted for. Since 9th level counts as a manifester level in the psion uncarnate class there's really no reason not to go kineticist 8/psion uncarnate 9/soulknife 10. 14 manifester levels is pretty well established, too, so really I think kin9/psi.un8 is about as much as you can wiggle with that.

Let's see--he's used Overchannel/Talented several times, so those have to be on the feats list; he's got a psicrystal with an established personality, so you have to account for that.

But he's got loads of equipment you could swap out, and probably quite a few feats and powers you could re-jigger.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

So, a lot of this is the smaller stuff DS mentioned, so it may be flexible. It's taken from Anders' combat with Ashkar.

Anders has a +15 to initiative, which requires the epic feat Superior Initiative. He has the Chain Power feat and the Quicken Power feat, which you'd probably take anyway, as a kineticist would hardly want to be without them!

Oh, and he can use null psionics field, which is a pretty darn cool trick for a soulknife. :)
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Nathan of the FoS wrote:Oh, and he can use null psionics field, which is a pretty darn cool trick for a soulknife. :)
Sho 'nuff!

Speaking of which, Rafael, I realize the fight he links to might be seen as constricting your options as far as what you can do with the character, but you can also look at them as inspiration for good tactics. Using a null psionics field to negate anything but your mind blades is one of the nastiest things I could come up with for Anders, and keeping Cal outside the field for a game of pickle is even better!
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

*Bump*

Thank you so much! This will be of great help! :)

I relaize this will demand more work than I thought - I'll post my first draft during the holidays, I think.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Well let's simply go through the the old character thread:

Dex bonus of +8
Save bonuses +6+6+6
Feats and Special Abilities
-Psicrystal Affinity
-Epic Psionic Focus
-Incarnate
-Uncarnate Bridge

Equipment:
-Cloak:? (Though it is of a midnight blue hue, with lighter blue tracings sown in this adapted cloak can be sworn to shimmer slightly.)

-Boots:? (boots that look like the lightest and supplest leather )

-Glovers:? (The man wears gloves, black, also of supple leather)

-Belt:? (Cinching the tunic to his waist is a plain rope belt )

-Headgear:? (a small headband of pure crystal)

Deepshadow wrote:As revealed in the fight with Ashkar, Anders has Combat Reflexes, the Suppression ability in his blades (!!!!) and the Chain and Quicken power feats. It's also unclear exactly how far he's moving, but I'll let you know he's traveled 60' in one move action.
Some of his equipment is also established, such as Sojourner the speaking wondrous figurine Black Onyx Dog (think Frank the Dog from Men In Black), or his other wondrous figurine the Griffon.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Rafael I think it would be much easier if you took the Anders Version 2 from the thread above on page 2 and then tell Deepshadow specifically what you might want to change...

Everyone built detailed character sheets and backstories for their characters in the beginning. (Ask Cortez how many word pages he sent ;-) ) So perhaps it would be best if Deepshadow sent you that stuff (esp. the backstory) perhaps including the new version of the statblock and you then correspond with him about any changes you want to incorporate.

The backstories included such information as what might prompt horror check modifiers for your character relating to personal (good or bad) experiences and the personal Highs and Lows of their careers. DS picked up on that information to include special info for every character inlcuding those recently mentioned custom Malign Paradigm shifts for everyone :-)
DeepShadow of FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

The Giamarga wrote:Some of his equipment is also established, such as Sojourner the speaking wondrous figurine Black Onyx Dog (think Frank the Dog from Men In Black), or his other wondrous figurine the Griffon.
He's also used a silver Raven, let's not forget.

I never made the connection between Sojourner and Frank. Interesting. Of course, Sojourner is quite a bit larger, and wise in a forgetful sort of way. I really enjoy writing for him, but unfortunately he's very leery of fleas right now. :lol:
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

DeepShadow wrote:I never made the connection between Sojourner and Frank. Interesting. Of course, Sojourner is quite a bit larger, and wise in a forgetful sort of way. I really enjoy writing for him, but unfortunately he's very leery of fleas right now. :lol:

It was Anders old player's MIB agent J avatar that made me think it. and of course the witty talking dog.
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Many thanks for your help, friend Giamarga!

:) I think DS already sent me everything related to Anders, but if there's more, I'll gladly use it, of course.