Van Richten's Friends Netbook

Coordinating community projects
Van Richten
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Van Richten »

Jester of the FoS wrote:I hinted at the typo and possible reasons for it in my netbook of dwarves. It's short and easily missed...
I just checked out your right up of the dwarves another excellent work. My write up of Geddar sort of ties in with what you hinted at I think.

Here is a preview of Geddar's Background:

Geddar “Gedlan” Ironheart, his name can be spoken with honor. Geddar’s father, Gedlan Ironheart was a legendry watchman of Corvia’s Baronial Guard and was a hero too many in Corvia until his untimely death at the hands of undead. His father’s legend is why Geddar is sometimes referred to as Gedlan going by the old dwarven proverb: Honor be your father. “Which means remember your father.” Geddar sometimes uses this name to honor his fathers past deeds of valor.
Gedlan was a retired watchman of Corvia, he retired after years of service to live peaceful and build an inn. The Obsidian Heart inn is the name of Geddar’s inn, where he catered to dwarves and less to humans. This was where he first met Dr. Rudolph Van Richten and became one of the Doctors night hunting companions. In 715 after numerous hunts with Van Richten, Gedlan sold off his inn and moved to Mordentshire a city in the Domain of Mordent. Here Geddar could be closer to his friend Van Richten and many other hunters he had grown close to. Once in Mordentshire he built another inn there called the Blackard inn. Here is where Geddar, Van Richten, Weathemay and many other known hunters planed their raids on the undead. Though Geddar was not fond of humans in his travels with Van Richten he had grown accustomed to their ways which made running this inn tolerable. In 730 Gedlan met his death at the hands of vengeful spirits. This happened when Geddar found a thug dead with stolen burial items in one of his rooms. Geddar showed the items to Van Richten and with the help of a few more hunters went on a quest to return the items to the tome from which they came. Gedlan was killed before the items were returned.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

How's this project coming along? Just curious.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Van Richten
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Van Richten »

The project is slow but sure, it will most likely be next year before its done.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

So, are you taking submissions? What are your thoughts on Sedgwick, so far? I have some notes on stats for him. I was planning to make him an Expert5/LearnedPhysician3.