Shout - Story for the contest

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Dupin
Conspirator
Conspirator

Shout - Story for the contest

Post by Dupin »

Well here is the story for the contest, I hope you like; I'm from Argentina, which means I speak Spanish, so it's been quite a big effort for almost nothing because I'm not very happy with the tale; however, I hope you enjoy it and find it interesting; so here it is. By the way, if you read it, I0d like to know your opinion.

Text found in the interior of a bier

None of what is written here is supposed to be taken in account or to be considered as a possible reality; it’s just the writing of the fate I had to live, real or not. The unspeakable horrors passed through are nothing compared to the ones I had to die with, a rotten reality product of the sick madness that no man could have born. An endless suffering between the fears of dying or living, desiring to end my existence like a moth gets close to light and tries to seek some sort escape on it, a disgraceful hope in something so trivial for us, but the guidance to greatness for a non-understanding creature lusting for life in a miraculous act of will; but I was not like that. My hope was a candle under an ocean of pain, a cyclopean sorrow covered by a veil of a past hunting my memories in an ominous cycle of constant pain strumming my sanity, if I still had one, with the impious itching of forgiveness, that was forever forbidden. However, time for me to be released of my holding chains has come, and with the childish excitation of an undeserved relief I shall tell you my story; and I repeat, nothing written here isn’t the true reality, but the logical sequence of madness, if madness exists.

My life has been love; everything I could imagine, make or live was that. None of my words were out of poetry; none of my thoughts were out of beautifulness; no bird could fly above my romantic illusions and no fish could dive into my ocean of passion. All I saw was imbued with a frenzy of red devotion and a wild desire of adoration that was only enclosed by the barriers of a world that wouldn’t understand my perception of the reality. For me there was no reality that the one I wanted to live, and that was flowing on a river of infinite emotions while the winds of eternity pushed me into the graceful arms of kindness. But there wasn’t such thing, love had brought me joy as it had brought me pain; the waterfall of gladness that I imagined would come disguised in red as blood, and drown me into the deepest abysm of torture. Even though, I held to it as a mother holds her just born child, an innocent being that would never hurt anyone, forgetting that they grow, as my passion did.

There was just one I loved, the only person I devoted my life, the only one that would accept my interpretation of love. A divine creature made by tenderness itself, a living effigy of kindness, an overwhelming entity of purity itself. Her eyes were the greenest on Earth, they could make a sunflower turn just to stare at her beauty and grow to be closer to them, her hands were as warm as the comfortable fire at home that keeps us from the stark winter and her caresses would make me shiver for uncountable ages, her skin was as soft as porcelain itself, her smile was shinier than the sky and more beautiful than a full moon on a spring’s night a perfect representation of happiness and sweetness, her hair was made by angels and so yellow that would lit on fire a whole forest just by walking into it; but there was nothing compared to her voice. A wonderful melody was heard each time she spoke, no sane man wouldn’t fall to her knees after listening to those magnificent words followed by movements full of grace that made each moment a priceless reaching to God’s marvels. No sounds were heard while she sang, the animals would shut and no leaves would fall in order to listen to that magic work of art, and those who were lucky would get closer and watch her as she fulfilled everywhere she passed with her presence; reciting:

“I shall be with you
And you shall be with me
We both must be together
Even if death comes forever”

Our love didn’t have horizons; it was the conjunction of two souls as passionate as imagination could even think of. We couldn’t have lived without each other, I wouldn’t have born a lonely existence without her and she wouldn’t have lived with my constant compliments. Nothing could ever break the ethereal connection we had, an unlimited adoration of each other that would make versifier write thousands of poems. We had each other as water has salt in the seas and the sky has clouds; we were for each other and we would be forever together until death comes, in an useless intent of disgracefulness.

Unfortunately, death wasn’t necessary to come to break my illusion of the world I had, there was, indeed, death enough in a blade to turn my life in black. And how black it would be! Lightings would fall, winds would raise the trees, floods would drown me into the lands of despair and sorrows would wash my mind in black and red. Hate had possessed me into a beast I have always loathed, a creature that wouldn’t appreciate the wonder of love and would blind itself in an attack of madness. But what is madness! Is it a reality made up by me just to approve the horrible acts I was going to commit? Is it a way to wash the terrifying corruption that in my being, if I still was in fact a being, had arisen? Or is it the product of a smashed mind by the betrayal of its loved one, its adored one, the only light of hope that had ever lit my destiny, the one that would die for me?! What chance did I have?! She was the one who had been with somebody else but me, she had split on my face and laughed without I knew it, she had made me be what I was. So, am I guilty for stabbing her right in her heart?! Am I guilty for spilling my hands with the blood that I once lusted for? And how awful it was! Her blood would keep warm in my hands for weeks and I would still hear that scream she tried to make but fist shut before. Brutality had taken over me and I was its slave!

The following acts were just the consequence of what I had done before. After that I can’t assure how many days passed, but what I’m sure of is that I buried her corpse just a moment next.

I used to visit her every day, every night, every afternoon, my life started to be that dead body. Her eyes weren’t green anymore, they had become as black as oil, her skin was greasy and pale, he was as cold as snow and her smile was now sinister, no movements were going to appear from her mouth, the songs she used to sing was a reminiscence of a past I was trying to forget and her silence was making me particularly crazy; I liked this.

Staring at her in that state was the same as before, I could caress her as many times I wanted, I could speak to her and she would, somehow, listen to me, there was no real difference and I was starting to feel sort of happy, when the wicked sick and depraved thought came out; did I really saw her with a man, or have I invented that just to have her the way I had her now? Was it a forbidden desire hidden in the deepest abysms of my putrid imagination? Have my mind been slain by the will of insanity? Where had that pure child, full of passion and kindness gone? Had it died like she had died and become in a body in a continuous decaying? There was no answer for such questions so I had to prefer living with a lie I had created, but wasn’t it another lie?! My life had turned into a web of execrable disguises from which I could never escape, but to the price of what I’d call the last blow of wind.

By that time, any evidence of sanity had vanished. I had lived in that cursed tomb for days, weeks or months, I could never know. Restless days were as usual as sunsets, and the only thing I have been was that body. I had become older in a creepy speed, all I could see were my hands and feet, luckily there were no mirrors where I was, if there had been, things would have turned worse, if something worse than this can exist. I would have known what was happening, I would have faced my fate before it comes and haunt me in carnage of senseless thoughts. I knew something would happen, I could feel it, but maybe it was the same thing it made me saw her with him.

There was only one thing I wished in my last days, and it was to rest, fatigue had worn me out and I could no longer get along with it; I shall sleep and for once try to forget the shadow that had followed me since those first allusions of madness; and rest come. A beautiful moment that would give me strength enough that for once leave that place, that grim tomb that I had made for covering the mistakes of mine, but as always all I had wished became my worst nightmare ever. Rest was as short as any moment of lucidity I had and it finally happened.

I woke up from the state of lethargy and tried to figure out where I was, with worthless efforts. Cold sweat was covering myself, my heart started pumping faster and faster and my breath started to be irregular, tears had been put in my eyes and a desperate sense of pursue ran over me, when I suddenly started to hear the sound of braking branches, getting closer and closer, louder and louder. I started holding my respiration trying so as not to be heard, but oh how stupid I was!, I could not hide myself anymore, I started crying when from above the walls that encase me I see the visage of her, smiling at me like she used to when she was alive. My eyes dried in a second and my teeth fell from my mouth, spasms took over my body and my finger’s muscles shrink enough to break themselves. Her standing figure with her blood spilled dress stared at me and tearing my chest with her rotten heart shouted:
-I shall take your heart as you’ve taken mine!
Leaving me into her coffin, dancing with my heart on her hand dropping blood all around, and shouting-oh those shouts! Shouts I wished I hadn’t heard. Not even ripping my ears off was enough to not listen that!
THOSE SHOUTS THAT CONTINUALLY REPEATED:

“I shall be with you
And you shall be with me
We both must be together
Even if death comes forever”
"I have never felt such frustration ; Or lack of self control ; I want you to kill me ; And dig me under, I wanna live no more"