Some of my other horror fanfiction...

Fiction about Ravenloft or Gothic Earth
Sylaire
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Some of my other horror fanfiction...

Post by Sylaire »

Thought about this a while, then figured, "What the hey?" Ravenloft is definitely not the only thing I've written fanfiction (er..."pastiches") about, and since I like to play around with a lot of different genres, some of my other stories fit firmly into the category of Gothic-fantasy-horror.

These stories are all based on the Phantasy Star series of console RPGs, which depending on which game you're playing can be nearly all science fiction, nearly all fantasy, or somewhere in-between. Hopefully the details of the setting won't be too confusing for anyone who tries a story on for size; I try to at least provide a few internal-setting details for the complete newbie.

These two are pure Gothics. In fact, I outlined both of them as Victorian-era stories and indeed even wrote a complete draft of the latter in that genre before they became what they are. I found it interesting to write a werewolf story set on a planet where wolves don't exist, though. :D

Cold Moonlight Fire

Silver Moonlight Vengeance

This next story features my analogue of Robert Van Gulik's "Judge Dee." Since my knowledge of ancient China is nonexistent and therefore my ability to set a story there is negligible, I instead moved the setting to Dezolis and used the stories to define native culture. It seems to work, since there's nine of these now. As a theocratic leader, Prelate Arjan sometimes gets called on to deal with supernatural menaces as well as natural ones, as this story shows:

On Death's Frontier

This one is more fantasy than horror. Unlike the previous stories, the heroine is a canon character from one of the games, so it features a hero rather than merely a protagonist. I think it plays out nicely like a Ravenloft adventure...well, encounter, might:

Dead Moon Rising

The last story isn't so much horror as comedy. I'm actually fairly proud of the fact that I managed to put Alys and Chaz into what amounts to a Scooby-Doo episode without ever having to break character or canon! :wink:

The Living Dead Are Not My Type!

Anyway, I hope anyone who reads these finds them interesting!