Planning stages of a new campaign in Paris 1889

Discussing Masque of the Red Death
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Any thoughts on using the Phantom of the Opera? I know one source (the movie) gives the year, but time can always be manipulated to fit your campaign. :)

Also, a while back someone did a 3.5 write up of the Phantom for me. I am pretty sure you could find it if you wanted to use it. Best of luck!!!
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

I believe Wiccy wrote an article on it, around Jnuary 2005. :)

In one of the old Kargatane netbooks are some additional articles on Paris, detailing soem ghosts and the undercity. Those might come in very handy as well. :)
Fido
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Fido »

Hhm, using the phantom of the opera is a wonderful idea. I don't think anybody in my group knows the story, so... :)

I'll definitely look into it. Thanks.

Just a note. It will probably take a while before I finally get to start this game. Exams are starting in January and there are a bunch of other games we're kind of in the middle of right now.
We'll see how it goes.
Le Noir Faineant

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

:) I read the novel once, not in French, but in English... My bad... But a lot of worthy Gothic moments there. I believe there was a write-up concerning a similar idea in one of the BoS, so you might want to take a look.
Guardian of Twilight
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Guardian of Twilight »

Fido wrote:Hhm, using the phantom of the opera is a wonderful idea. I don't think anybody in my group knows the story, so... :)

I'll definitely look into it. Thanks.

Just a note. It will probably take a while before I finally get to start this game. Exams are starting in January and there are a bunch of other games we're kind of in the middle of right now.
We'll see how it goes.
My pleasure. I went looking for my old query about him, and here is the link. My best to you in your game. :D

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/foru ... highlight=
[i]Seek not in the shadows, for there ye shall find secrets too terrible for mortal man to bear. [/i]
-Mordentish proverb
Fido
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Fido »

This is excessively awesome.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

*Casts Animate Thread*

Just curious, but how did the campaign go? How'd the PCs react to old Maximilien Robespierre?
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing