OOC: EwtF

Join us for our Halloween celebration
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Post by Moral Machivelli »

Question. Is the boat still there? If not, can Buchvold ask Ronald to secure it? I don't like the idea of being stranded.
"There is no great revelation, there is only you."
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Not sure how far the boat has floated away, but it's probably still close. (Nathan's pics show the water as being fairly still.) Good idea for deflecting Roland's attention! :D

Roland didn't get dunked, so his pistol should still function once it's reloaded after his last shot, BTW ... not that shooting into the scrum is a wise idea, when the combatants are mostly underwater and nobody can see what's monster and what's one of our party. Now may be the perfect time for Buchvold's beloved magic missiles, if you ask me!
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

I've got a better plan, but it depends on what this thing is. That's why Buchvold needs suplies. His plan? Toss a vial of holy water to one of the fighters, and yell "Smash it over that thing" . It's effected by the water? Either Undead or Fiend. Not affected? Human or construct. This way, we can find out (roughly) what we're dealing with.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Sounds good, if the thing will stay above the surface long enough to try it. Or maybe Kingsley could throw the holy water while Buchvold casts spells? Llana's PC doesn't have much of an offensive arsenal, but IIRC she was quick on the draw with those Molotov cocktails at the Manoir. :wink:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

When I said "One of the fighters", I ment, one of the people in the water.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Sorry, I meant Kingsley could toss the vials to the people in the water, while Buchvold fights.
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Ah Gocha. Sorry. :oops:

And lets see what happens. If it's some sort of abberation, it is going down fast. :twisted:
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Hooray! MM's back!

Shall we begin again, then? :lucas: :misori:
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Me and my brother were on vacation for this reason we were off.

Nathan, whose turn is now?
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

OOC: Since they're underwater and involved in combat, I'm dubious Dadrag and Hiro would be able to hear you at all--also, they'd have to surface and grab the vials first! If you want to contribute holy water to the discussion you'll probably have to wade in yourself, MM.
I know about them having to surface to get the vials, but
All the people in the water (Hiro, Dadrag, and Gerard--Draxton and Buchvold are both literally getting their heads above water) are at that awkward depth where the top of your head is above water but your nose and ears are just below water; so if you choose Hiro or Dadrag they'll hear you. (Gerard, maybe not.)
Sorry, but what am I missing here?
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Moral Machivelli wrote:
OOC: Since they're underwater and involved in combat, I'm dubious Dadrag and Hiro would be able to hear you at all--also, they'd have to surface and grab the vials first! If you want to contribute holy water to the discussion you'll probably have to wade in yourself, MM.
I know about them having to surface to get the vials, but
All the people in the water (Hiro, Dadrag, and Gerard--Draxton and Buchvold are both literally getting their heads above water) are at that awkward depth where the top of your head is above water but your nose and ears are just below water; so if you choose Hiro or Dadrag they'll hear you. (Gerard, maybe not.)
Sorry, but what am I missing here?
Gerard was pulled under, and Hiro and Dadrag went underwater too to fight with the beastie.

Third post up from the bottom on page two:
Dadrag and Hiro disappear beneath the surface as Crow begins to sing*, and the water is still for a long moment; lightning flickers overhead as the rest of you stare for any sign of the battle taking place underwater.
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
Moral Machivelli
Rat Blinder
Rat Blinder

Ah. I gotya. Never mind then.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Grapple check of 32? Sounds like this critter's a big one....

Could somebody haul Gerard out of the river and check whether he's still alive? VAN's buff won't last much longer if Crow stops playing to do that himself, but he will if nobody else does.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

When it is Draxton's turn he will turn invisible. Tell me when it is my turn plsease!
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Die Roll for 1230665
ID Name Rolls Dice Results Note Date
1230665 Dadrag 1 1d20 [13] = (13) 2007-08-29 00:43:02

So I guess Dadrag manages to swim away.

Dadrag is closer to the beast and can attack it so maybe it's better if Hiro saves Gerald.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!