Sky Captain-ish campaign question

Discussing all roleplaying games
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Sky Captain-ish campaign question

Post by JinnTolser »

My gaming group wants to start a new campaign, in a sort of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow-ish, Roaring Twenties kinda genre. I'm not exactly clear on all the details of what they're hoping for, but I was wondering if anybody knows of some d20 products that we could use or adapt to this sort of campaign.

It doesn't have to be published by WotC, as long as it's d20 compatible. So far we've been thinking of mixing some basic D&D stuff (not sure yet whether there will be magic or psionics in this setting) with some elements of Star Wars (for guns and such, and we may adapt their aerial combat system if we can't find something better). Does anybody know of some products that might help us build this sort of setting?
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Isabella »

Call of Cthulhu d20 would give you rules for the "normal" 1920s, but the closest thing there is to a Steampunk rulebook would be Deadlands d20. That's more of a Wild Wild West kind of genre, but the Mad Scientist class has rules for wacky gizmos and the like. I haven't played or heard much of Iron Kingdoms but that might also be something to look into.

Edit - I just looked on Amazon and found this:

I cannot verify if it's any good.

Edit Edit - I also saw this:
http://www.amazon.com/short-very-guide- ... VNM50DQJRG
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Cool, that should help some. One of the guys in my group has played Deadlands before, so I'll ask him if he knows about that class. And I'll definitely check out the Steampunk stuff too.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

You could alway use D20:Modern and just dummy up the weapons and such so they fit with the weapons of the time period.
Also, Palladium Books published a Modern Weapons Compendium back in the day that can be found on Ebay. The book is wall to wall guns and even has some older ones listed. The book was designed to fit any generic game and basically is a guideline. It is really usefull for range, ammo capacity etc. The damages are reasonable IMO in regards to D20 but can be modified if one wishes.