Kartakass: The Nova Vaasa Chapter

Online roleplaying at the Café
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"William unloads his pack and looks aroun the surrounding street apprehensively. Slinging his backpack up over his shoulder, he grimly moves towards the front door to the inn, sizing up the town as yet another wretched Nova Vassan berg, just like Kantora.

Entering the inn, his eyes adjusting to the lower light, he sees Tarlyn having a bit of trouble with the inn-keeper.

I knew it...another Nova Vassan backwater scum-shack. He thinks to himself. What will we have to do to get this bloody wreck to accept our silver.

William casually walks up to Tarlyn in the inn-keeper, maintaining a stern gaze in the inn-keepers eyes.

Intimidate Roll: 19+3=22

"Is there a problem here lad?" He asks grimly of Tarlyn while maintaining his gaze on the Inn-keeper. "House masters and problems seem to be two fer a copper in these lands...Do we have a problem House Master?" He growls at the inn-keeper, taking a step closer to him.
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn looks back to Valerian and nods knowingly. "We can speak in the privacy of our chambers. Mayhap those of us who have been here before can enlighten us on the current situation here in Bergovista, hmmmm?"
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius too feels uncomfortable at the sights he catches from the coachman. As soon as they reach the inn, he silently grabs his pack and enters the establishment. He agrees with the suggestion of finding contiguous rooms for all the mages.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

The man gawks nervously at William. "We don't usually serve non-humans here sir. Ah, you are not from Vaasa either. Sorry for the misunderstanding. We don't get many fey here. Seeing as he appears to be with you lot, I will make an exception and his room will be on the house." The man responds to William's glare, hoping William will accept the offer.

Tarlyn almost bursts out laughing at William's words. He was used to the treatment after 6 years in these lands. "Now now, friend William, the man has graciously offered me a free room and apologised. Please forgive my friends harsh words, sir" bowing to the man "I humbly accept your offer and maybe you will behave differently the next time an elf enters your establishment," he says with a wink. Standing back he lets the others pass to pay their rooms. He observes the establishment then the patrons, looking especially for any black capped men.
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Draven twitches in the seat, the fog of sleep lifting leaving him with a fleeting impression of the nightmare he has just fallen prey to, footsteps bloody footsteps but where do they lead...?. He cracks open his gummed up eyelids, blinking in the harsh sunlight streaming through the window. Still partly asleep he tries to remember, but the dream fragment slips away...

Waking fully he opens his eyes again and is slightly disconcerted to find himself alone in the coach...

Shaking his head he leans forward and peers out the window at the street scene "Must be Bergovitsa then" he murmers to himself as he catches sight of several disreputable thugs brazenly roughing up a merchant " oh good looks like a real friendly place..."

With a bitter sneer on his lips he shoulders his pack and dismounts from the coach, wrapping his cloak around himself and eyeing the thugs warily he enters the inn looking for the others.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

One of the ruffians does notice the coachman. Coaches are common, but that isn't what he's looking for. Moving to the nearest alley, he peers out at the coaches occupants. As he'd been told, they were 8 and one of them was an elf. Jogging down the alley he exits and walks to the other side of town to a dilapidated warehouse and enters......
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

William turns his head slightly towards Tarlyn and nods.
"It looks to me as if there are a few good house-masters." he barks. He then checks in himself and stands aside, waiting for the others.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van pays his 5sp and then says followed by the other mages goes to his room. There he locks the door and says:

"I hope here we will have the privacy we need to talk about magic. As the most of you know, I'm an evoker, but except of the offensive, I have some other useful spells as well."

Van with few words describes his spell to the other wizards and finally says:

"I can give you any spell you want, I love magic and I like getting new spells. I believe that all spells are important and I hope to be able to get more soon. However right now I'd prefer a spell that deals damage with touch. Have anyone of you that kind of spell?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius likewise pays his silver pieces to the inkeeper, then joins Van in his room.

''I'm afraid I have very little in the way of battle magic. My specialty involves spells of detection. I have some other useful spells, naturally. If anyone wants to swap spells, just let me know. I'd be interested in battle magic, or whatever else you've got to offer. ''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"Sure thing Cornelius, I have plenty of battle spells. Do you want fireball, lightingbolt, scorching ray, fireburst?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Lucius pays his fare of the room and later joins the other wizards for the common conference.

I am very interested in knowing of your divination spells, Cornelius. And as for you, Van, perhaps your list has something that can interest me.

As for me, I don't have many, as I divide my time with other pursuits. I don't have much in the way of battle spells, and much less touchy ones. So, perhaps I can offer you something else.
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van answers to Lucius first:

"Don't worry Lucius, as I said I'm interested in any spells you have since I believe every spell is useful."

Turning to the dwarf he says:

"Divination spells are very important too Cornelius. The spell you have done for seeing in long disatnce is really great. I can give you any battle spell you want. Decide and let me know, I hope in the near future we rest for a few days in an inn so we will have time to swap spells."

Then Van looks both of them and says:

"So what spells do you both have?"
- W H A T ! ? !