The Eye of Anubis: Book Four

Online roleplaying at the Café
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Kaitou Kage »

"Thank the gods for sending magic," Kuzan muttered as he climbed out of the river.

"You need to put that on a chain or something," the priest reprimanded Sam. Given the intensity of the situation, it was difficult to tell if he was joking or not.

He noticed the blood on several of the expedition guards and rubbed his head. His eyes settled on Pelletier for a moment, frowning. The old man was in bad shape. Anyone could see that the professor wasn't well, but Kuzan rarely saw Death hovering so close to a man. He pursed his lips.

"When we stop, I'll patch everyone up," he said, "Where's my mount?" Once his odd camel had been procured for him, he climbed on and rode up toward Pelletier.

"Once everyone's patched up," he said quietly to the old professor, "You are going to need a checkup. Medic's orders. You're...well, it's not looking good right now."
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Khalil whistles calling Small-star to him "Thankyou Affendi for acocmpanying her safely" he nods at Samael. Whistling again brings Karsh winging his way to Khalils shoulder. "Now as Samael says we need to leave and quickly, before expedition blood becomes a fashionabl commodity to our dear prophet."

Swinging himslef expertly onto his designated Camel, Khalil quickly surveys his baggage before allowin Karsh to settle on the pomeel of the saddle. Guiding the beast to one side he waits for the tohers to ready themselves.
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
yalenusveler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by yalenusveler »

Andre was waterlogged, TRULY disappointed with the infallibility of religious prophets not living up to the hype, and unbelievably glad to see his cat. And not so glad to see camels. "A wickeder beast was not created by the gods" said as he got on the beast, looking as comfortable riding a camel as one could be. "Onward, to the desert and Sebua...and hopefully some calm travels for a change."

Oh, were it ever that easy.
"Sometimes, Mr.Liquor cabinet is my only friend"
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DocBeard »

"Well, that won't jinx us at all..." Tomas doesn't mutter, despite severly wanting to. After all, it was his fault this time...

...he can't quite bring himself to apologize for helping someone who was getting their soul stolen, though, which is odd, because people died. ugh. He should've stayed home, or jumped off a bridge, or something...
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Unlike the rest of the group, Charles looks genuinely enthused to see his mount. Of course, since he's still riding Kejser and not a camel, that's easy enough to understand.

"Well, there's some hope, I suppose," he says, looking back toward the city with a speculative eye. "Perhaps the Prophet and Cavendish imitated the gingham dog and calico cat, and ate each other up--thereby sparing us a great deal of trouble going forward."
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
The Whistler
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Whistler »

Otto slumped a little on his camel, the adrenaline having worn off five minutes ago. He wasn't up for banter in his native language, let alone Mordentish...but what Charles had said was still thought-provoking.

Absolute good collides with absolute evil--do they just bounce off each other? Cancel each other out, self-obliterate, like positive energy hitting negative? Regardless, can only call this a real test case if Diamabel's really an absolute good, and if Cavendish's really an absolute evil...and I'd bank on the second being more true than the first.

Huh. Some philosophy lesson.
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:"Well, there's some hope, I suppose," he says, looking back toward the city with a speculative eye. "Perhaps the Prophet and Cavendish imitated the gingham dog and calico cat, and ate each other up--thereby sparing us a great deal of trouble going forward."
"And if you believe that," Lia says cynically, "I have the deed to a bridge to Barovia that I want to sell you. The stronger a spellaster, the greater the likelihood that they have some life-preserving contingency on them. Let's just get out of here."