D20 Midnight

Discussing all roleplaying games
midnightcat
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

D20 Midnight

Post by midnightcat »

I am selling some of my Midnight books. Non of them been used, since Irun a 2nd edition Ravenloft game. I have a few more. Iam trying to finish up my 2nd edtion Ravenloft collection, so I need to sell somthing for money. her is the auctions:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkasumi70
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Dimitri Mazieres »

I sent you a question over at eBay. I'm interested in a couple of your books. :)
[i]"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"[/i]
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

What is Midnight like? I've seen the campaign setting book in stores a couple of times, but I haven't really had the chance to look at it much.
midnightcat
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by midnightcat »

Dimitri Mazieres wrote:I sent you a question over at eBay. I'm interested in a couple of your books. :)
Hi, I thought it was you after looking the handel. I have to get my mom to go to the post office tomorrow and so I will get her to get a bigger flat rate priority mail. The current one I have fits only 2 of the books. I will be happy to ship over seas. I just want qoute exact shipping becuase I made some BIG mistkes in the past. I sent a large group of comics to Canada, but only charged $20.00 for shipping. well it turned out to be $30.00..so my $35.00 profit went to $25.00. I shipped a Library catalogue book to Austrailai. only charged $16.00 and it cost $24.00. So I hjad to use my $5.00 profit for shipping, and luckily they were nice and gave me $6.00.

If thieir is any way possiable without making the shipping higher..I will try to throw in a sword and sorcery book for free. it the book about the city with the necromancers.

I mainly get only Ravenloft books..So I have a few books a friend gavem. he was hoping I would run a game but his girl friend is nor going to have a baby. All his time is spent making money.
midnightcat
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by midnightcat »

JinnTolser wrote:What is Midnight like? I've seen the campaign setting book in stores a couple of times, but I haven't really had the chance to look at it much.
From what I have been told, it is a dark Fantasy game. think of what if Sauron won on Middel earth, this sreie Goes with Fantasy Flight Games Horror book. The setting was something akin to Ravenloft. That was why my friend gave me the books. He bought them form the store his Girlfriend worked at, and just gave them to me.
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

JinnTolser wrote:What is Midnight like? I've seen the campaign setting book in stores a couple of times, but I haven't really had the chance to look at it much.
A quick (and frequent) way to describe it would be a really dark, "what if Sauron had won" version of a fantasy world. ;)

In a bit more words, it's a grim setting. Izrador, a dark god that fell from heaven eons ago, finally managed to conquer the world, after being repelled two times by the unified forces of the fey and human races. The third time, however, found the humans divided, and the dwarves secluded in their strongholds, and the Shadow was victorious.
Since then, the human lands are under the yoke of Dark God, with a few insurgent efforts scattered throughout Eredane (the "known" continent in the setting), the Halflings are hunted and enslaved, the Dwarves fight a losing battle in their underground complex against the hordes of orcs that pour through the tunnels, and the Elves are entrenched in their forest, under constant siege from the Dark God's armies.
Literacy, use of magic and weapons are forbidden, and fey races are enslaved or executed at sight. Trade is only possible through barter, as the economy system is destroyed.
Finally, Izrador's fall severed the link between the world and the heavens, cutting all possible communication with the other, elder gods, and making it impossible for the souls of the dead to reach the afterlife. This forces the bodies of the deceased to be burned, or they rise as the Fell (corporeal undead) or the Lost (incorporeal undead). This Sundering, as it is also known, also makes planar travel impossible, and consequently, trapped a number of outsiders, which have lingered in the world since then.

(Whew!) I think this pretty much sums the setting up. As said before, it's a very dark, oppressive setting.

Hope this helped. :)
midnightcat wrote:
Dimitri Mazieres wrote:I sent you a question over at eBay. I'm interested in a couple of your books. :)
Hi, I thought it was you after looking the handel. I have to get my mom to go to the post office tomorrow and so I will get her to get a bigger flat rate priority mail. The current one I have fits only 2 of the books. I will be happy to ship over seas. I just want qoute exact shipping becuase I made some BIG mistkes in the past. I sent a large group of comics to Canada, but only charged $20.00 for shipping. well it turned out to be $30.00..so my $35.00 profit went to $25.00. I shipped a Library catalogue book to Austrailai. only charged $16.00 and it cost $24.00. So I hjad to use my $5.00 profit for shipping, and luckily they were nice and gave me $6.00.

If thieir is any way possiable without making the shipping higher..I will try to throw in a sword and sorcery book for free. it the book about the city with the necromancers.
Thanks! I'm mainly interested in the first two books I told you about, so if a bigger envelope isn't an option, then I'll be happy to settle with those two. :)
[i]"Many point out that this battle against the darkness is an impossible one, and they may well be right. Impossible or not, however, the battle for righteousness is one that only a few heroes are brave enough to undertake"[/i]
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Thanks for the summary. It does sound pretty interesting.
midnightcat
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by midnightcat »

Sorry you didn't win the books Dimitri, but I thank you for bidding. I now cna afford the last 4 2nd editon Ravenloft modules I am missing.
Last edited by midnightcat on Thu May 15, 2008 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dimitri Mazieres
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

midnightcat wrote:Sorry you didn't win the books Dimitri, but I thank you for bidding. I now cna afford the last 4 3nd editon Ravenloft modules I am missing.
No worries. I tried to get them, but I was also bidding on other items, so I had a bit of a cash limit per bid. ;)

I'm glad I could help you get a bit more for your books, though (If I don't get them, then they'll suffer for it!! :twisted:).
midnightcat
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by midnightcat »

Dimitri Mazieres wrote:
midnightcat wrote:Sorry you didn't win the books Dimitri, but I thank you for bidding. I now cna afford the last 4 3nd editon Ravenloft modules I am missing.
No worries. I tried to get them, but I was also bidding on other items, so I had a bit of a cash limit per bid. ;)

I'm glad I could help you get a bit more for your books, though (If I don't get them, then they'll suffer for it!! :twisted:).
Well they didn' t ask for combined shipping. I was surprised..So I guess you got your revenge. :wink: The extra money did help to buy groceries. I hope you won your other auctions.