3.0 & 3.5 offical adventures

Discussing all things Ravenloft
ubdu
Conspirator
Conspirator

3.0 & 3.5 offical adventures

Post by ubdu »

Hi, I'm new here, and I found the place while looking for official third edition Ravenloft adventures.

I have most if not all 2nd edition sourcebooks and adventures published by TSR. However I can't really tell if there have been any published adventures for 3rd aside from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. I don't have any of the third edition Ravenloft sourcebooks.

So, I'm looking to throw my players into a one-off Ravenloft adventure, but can't seem to find any. Are there any included in the 3rd edition sourcebooks, or am I going to have to take a 2nd edition one and convert it to third?

Thanks in advance.
Dupin
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dupin »

Hi there! Look I'm also new in al the Ravenloft stuff even though I've been trying to get some info about it (the fact is that I'm from Argentina and anything related to RPG games cost about an eye) but I can tell for sure that you'll have to either make a story up or get someone from this page or any other one. You won't find anything for third edition oficial, for WotC decided not to continue with RL a time ago and by now anything of it is out of print, thus, if you want to get any ofitial material you should hurry, and consider yourself fortunate 'cause I can't get a f*** crap over here.

Hope to have been helpful to you! ;)
"I have never felt such frustration ; Or lack of self control ; I want you to kill me ; And dig me under, I wanna live no more"
CorvusCornix
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by CorvusCornix »

Hi guys,

I'm afraid there aren't any 3rd edition ravenloft adventures: the newer books just tend to give the DM a nice selection of adventure hooks to incorporate into his own campaign.

Have you already been to the Drawing Room? There you will find a list of all published Ravenloft material - although as you will see no 3rd edition adventures.
http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/DrawingRoom.html

The closest there is to a detailed 3rd edition adventure is the excellent book "Dark Tales and Disturbing Legends". In this book you'll find a number of adventure descriptions, the length of them somewhere between short hook and full-blown adventure.
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

And definately check out the library. There are tons of netbooks and the odd adventure or two made by fans...

http://www.fraternityofshadows.com/Library.html
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

There are actually two "official" 3e RL adventures (well, 1 adventure and 1 anthology), although they were only published online:

Shadow of the Knife
and
Children of the Night: Demons

Both available from http://www.kargatane.com/ , created during the time before 3e Ravenloft was published, when the Kargatane was the official RL website and had an agreement from WotC that whatever they published as canon would be so. (In case you don't know, many of the Kargatane went on to be the authors of the Arthaus RL 3E books.)

There's also the adventure that never was, Death Undaunted, which was going to join those two, but was never completed. However, the outline for the adventure, generously shared by the author, is collected in the Library here.

As for physically printed books, Dark Tales & Disturbing Legends is your best bet. The adventure outlines in the range from true sketchy outlines to practically complete CotN-style adventures.

Alternatively, the Gazetteer series is a treasure trove of adventure hooks and ideas. If you can't whip up an adventure with a Gazetteer, turn in your RL DM card. ;)

But many of the fan-written adventures out there are great, so don't discount them either.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

Dupin wrote:consider yourself fortunate 'cause I can't get a f*** crap over here.
Dupin, just a reminder that this f*** way of expressing yourself isn't looked at with benevolent eyes in here. Please watch what you write.

These boards are kept clear of many wars and fan bickering affecting other D&D boards, and I believe it is in part due to the politeness here, starting with the language we use. It's easier to get upset when reading someone replying to your ideas with these *** (which isn't the case here, I know).

---

Yes, I'd suggest the library too, the Kargatane's, or do as many do - take a fun adventure in 2e (official or netbook) and convert it yourself. Doing it that way has the great advantage of adapting exactly what your campaign needs.

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Dupin
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Dupin »

Sorry by the "***", I admit it's been disrespectful, the fact is that I kinda let myself go, I a little frustrated with getting any material about any rpg and well, it slipped out, hope not no happen again and I'll try to shut my mouth a little bit

Hope it didn't matter
"I have never felt such frustration ; Or lack of self control ; I want you to kill me ; And dig me under, I wanna live no more"
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Understood, and no harm done. Just try to stick to the "grandmother rule" in future, okay? :wink:
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
ubdu
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by ubdu »

Cool, thanks for the help, guys. I have some reading to do now!