"Hollowfaust: City of Necromancers"

Discussing all roleplaying games
Amicus
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

"Hollowfaust: City of Necromancers"

Post by Amicus »

--from the defunct "Scarred Lands" campaign setting by Sword & Sorcery Studios. Did anyone here ever have the opportunity to mess around with it? The sourcebook seems to do a pretty good job of outlining a plausibly non-evil society of necromantic scholars, and the history of the city-state they have established.

The writers put a decent amount of evocative detail into the setting, including a rather distinctive 'uniform' for their necromancers: broad-brimmed hat, scarf and heavy overcoat. I can't shake the feeling that I've encountered this ensemble before in dark fantasy, but darned if I can remember where. Maybe I'm just thinking of some Japanese cartoon or other. In any case, it seems like a good sartorial choice for necromancers.
Lord_Pruitt
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Lord_Pruitt »

hmmm ..... wide brimmed hat, scarf & heavy overcoat? Sounds like the main character from the Dark Man movies ....
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Or the Shadow. Or the baddies from Dark City. It's not that hard an image to hit upon, if you want someone to look sinister.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow