gestalt domains

Discussing all roleplaying games
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

gestalt domains

Post by jules »

what would you get(powerwise)if you combin domains?
like healing/war
war/death
or luck war?
ScS of the Fraternity

Post by ScS of the Fraternity »

Mumping is prohibited, jules.
Evil Reigns!!!!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

On the one hand, it's tough to do anything really broken with domain spells, since you only get one per level per day.

On the other, the point of choosing only 2 domains is to limit the options available to the cleric, and if you open it wide to any choice, he might as well just have an extra spell per day per level and be done with it.

On the third hand, there have been so many specialized domains in so many books, both WotC and 3rd party published, it's nearly impossible not to find two you like, without making up your own.

But in the end, if you can come up with a rationale for it and carefully balance which spells go into it at which level... sure, why not?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

No,I am talking about combining the domain benifits,NOT there spells!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

jules wrote:No,I am talking about combining the domain benifits,NOT there spells!
Well in that case, you're going to have to de-power the domain benefits so that you're not just giving extra power for free. Frankly, most of the domain powers I've seen are so minor that de-powering them at all would make them useless. Since they're so weak, I'd hesitate to say that giving extra ones without de-powering them would be unbalancing, but it's certainly "Something for nothing".

Hardly seems worth worrying about. Are they really more than 2 domain abilities one would need?
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
jules
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by jules »

Well,you woudn't nesessarally need to keep the original powers of the 2 that you have & the power combo's could possibly only used once or twice a day.
Drinnik Shoehorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Drinnik Shoehorn »

ScS of the Fraternity wrote:Mumping is prohibited, jules.
Mumping?
"Blood once flowed, a choice was made
Travel by night the smallest one bade" The Ballad of the Taverners.
The Galen Saga: 2000-2005