Calibans in Dementlieu - Port-a-Lucine - Hunted?

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Of course, Dr. Reuland has the advantage that his heritage expresses itself in an unsightly complexion and a touch of B.O., not horns and a tail.

(Myself, it makes me wonder what his tiefling relatives looked like.)
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Jason of the Fraternity
Master of Illusion
Master of Illusion

Post by Jason of the Fraternity »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Of course, Dr. Reuland has the advantage that his heritage expresses itself in an unsightly complexion and a touch of B.O., not horns and a tail.
Quite true, Rotipher. And as Giamarga already pointed out, the only other distinguishing factor (oddly colored eyes) can be easily hidden behind tinted lenses...

I doubt that the standard 4E version of tieflings would be able to hide/disguise themselves quite so easily. Dr. Reuland faking poor health conditions can dissaude people from pursuing his complexion and odd aroma. Red skin and horns would be tougher to hide.

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:(Myself, it makes me wonder what his tiefling relatives looked like.)
Actually, I've been slowly working on a "Legacy of Blood" article that focuses on the Reuland family lineage. Maybe this project will see fruition someday. :twisted:
[i]Pandemonium did not reign, it poured![/i]
Lanus
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Lanus »

I was played a Caliban from Port-a-Lucine. He was a rogue but played as a bard (because bard implied magic i didn't want in his backstory). Basically he was the son of a wealthy couple that locked him in the cellar most of his life but still gave him a nice education and mantainance. He had several tutors one of them beign a former criminal who teached him secretly how to fight. One fateful nigth his house burned down (arson actually, finding the culprit was his motivation) and lost everything he ever had and started to roam the sewers and sing beatiful songs in the moonligth.

Str 17, Dex around 14, Con 11 (was a big frail hunchback), Int 14, Wis in negatives and Char 16 (nice rolls).

Sadly the campaign never lasted beyond a couple sessions. He was actually a competent fighter if he managed to draw its enemy into a dark place (darkvision and sneack attack ftw)
The Giamarga
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by The Giamarga »

Jason of the Fraternity wrote:In particular, Green Ronin publishing came out the supplement entitled Aasimars and Tieflings, which did a really good job of brining back some of the versatility to 3E.
That's the very book i meant. I heard good things about it.

And I'd be very interested in a Legacy of the Reuland Blood article.