What are you doing for Halloween?

Books, movies, television and everything else
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

On Halloween night I plan on watching a few horror movies and seeing if Minneapolis still has trick or treaters to hand candy out to.
Saturday, the 1st I am having my annual Halloween party in which I set up a projector in one room and show movies all night. In my living room and dining room there will be games (Last Night on Earth, Arkham Horror, Zombies, Fury of Dracula, Betrayal on House on the Hill, A Touch of Evil) and much drinking and a primarily guest dependent pot-luck.
I am excited for my girlfriends and my costumes. I am going as a cartoony voodan (top hat and tux) and she is going as my voodoo doll. Should be alot of fun.
Scarycount
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Scarycount »

I'm dressing up as Grigori Rasputin, a peasant from Russian history who became friends with the last Czar and many people believed he had hypotized him, leading to all kinds of legends about the satanic powers of Rasputin. Unfortunately, none of my friends know who he is...
Hail Strahd!
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

I went last night to a live stage production of "Night of the Living Dead" at the local university. A real spatterfest, "body parts" and "blood" were flying five rows back from the stage. Zombies were also wandering the audience, and attacked a number of people in the seats (obvious "plants")
They also had a costume contest for the audience, and my daughter won with her witch outfit. (didn't hurt that she goes to this school and is an art major in the same building & knew most of the actors...)
I only wish I had retired sooner!
Brandi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brandi »

A friend of mine is setting up a (non-horror) RPG. Considering it's pis-- uh, dreary and raining here, I suspect that there won't be much trick-or-treaters out and I'll probably go hang out at the RPG chargen session.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I'll be heading to the kids' school to watch the Halloween parade and take pictures. (toddler's a dinosaur, baby's a habenero pepper, assuming they actually agree to wear the costumes.) Then handing out candy for a bit before heading out for a weekend family visit with friends. Boring, I know... maybe I'll be able to watch one of the dozen Vincent Price/Peter Cushing/Christopher Lee movies on my tivo on Sunday when I get back.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Weather looks good for my amusement-park visit. This'll be the first time I've ever had the chance to enjoy a drop-ride at night; wish me luck that I won't barf! :D
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
Pamela
Sorority Shadow
Sorority Shadow

Post by Pamela »

Handing out candy to the kids and relaxing with the hubby over a homemade pumpkin pie one of my co-workers kindly made me. :D
His only real danger is if stupidity is contagious and lethal. In which case, we’re all dead…-Gertrude
Blake_Alexander
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Blake_Alexander »

I'll be going to a costume party at a Ballroom Dance Studio in a town near where I live. Since I frequent Renfests I'll be wearing a swashbuckler outfit complete with swepted hilt rapier, cape, feathered hat, and swashtop boots (thought I'll probably have to take the sword off before I take to the floor)
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Got invited to two Halloween parties with built-in D&D games. Both got called due to illness. One's rescheduled for tomorrow, the other one I guess for next week. So for tonight I've got nothing. :(

Guess I'll find some appropriately Halloween-themed stuff to watch.
Paladyn
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by Paladyn »

It's late evening, you should creep out of your crypts and having fun, so scarry Halloween, mist-dwellers!
I love shorcuts!:
"IMHO a SH HH should be a better RL DL"
- Kargatane mailing list member
------
My campaign's journal: [url]http://forgotten-epic.blogspot.com[/url]
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

One of my friends does not do Halloween for religious reasons. He said he hates it how the kids bother him and want candy.

I told him that in certain states you get given this sign and it keeps the kids away.

He said it looked pretty cool and he wants one.

I didn't tell him the whole story though.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Whoa! :shock:

Until I clicked the link, HMB, I'd thought the sign would just be a surefire way to get kids to TP your house.... :P
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

BigBadQDaddy wrote:On Halloween night I plan on watching a few horror movies and seeing if Minneapolis still has trick or treaters to hand candy out to.
Saturday, the 1st I am having my annual Halloween party in which I set up a projector in one room and show movies all night. In my living room and dining room there will be games (Last Night on Earth, Arkham Horror, Zombies, Fury of Dracula, Betrayal on House on the Hill, A Touch of Evil) and much drinking and a primarily guest dependent pot-luck.
I am excited for my girlfriends and my costumes. I am going as a cartoony voodan (top hat and tux) and she is going as my voodoo doll. Should be alot of fun.

Dude those games all rock! I think this Sunday for our gaming we will play them as well! Did you like the Touch of Evil? It's a new one from gencon right?
Catman Jim
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Catman Jim »

Rotipher of the FoS wrote:Whoa! :shock:

Until I clicked the link, HMB, I'd thought the sign would just be a surefire way to get kids to TP your house.... :P
They are required to have those here in Missouri as well, and the police have gone on record to say they will be checking tonight that these houses are in compliance.
I only wish I had retired sooner!
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by lostboy »

Its kind of a weird cultural thing I guess but there seems to be more being made of the new Bond Film opening here in the UK than that its Halloween. We curently have 100's of people in tuxedo's in our highstreet and not a pumpkin in sight.....
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."