Who would you sentence to the Mists v. 2

Discussing all things Ravenloft
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Nikolas of the Mists wrote:Castro officially resigned from his leadership role in Spring of 2008, citing deteriorating health as his primary reason for doing so.
So, he's political history now, right?

Which means... Open Season :)
Nikolas of the Mists
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Post by Nikolas of the Mists »

Tykus wrote:
Nikolas of the Mists wrote:Castro officially resigned from his leadership role in Spring of 2008, citing deteriorating health as his primary reason for doing so.
And more than likely, the only thing he'll be remembered for is that blasted cigar.
Or overthrowing the politically and morally corrupt regime of batista.
Or embodying the struggle against military and economic hegemony for almost 50 years.
Or improving the healthcare and general public education of a small nation to a level that would put more than one first world nation to shame.

It will surely be the exploding CIA cigar that he goes down in history for. :roll:

He is no more political history now, than Bush will be in 6 months.
Then again, Bush will be viewed as the president until the end of his term. Castro will forever be viewed by some of his citizens as commander in chief long after he is dead and buried.
"I wouldn't worry too much about the Vistana with the pistols --
If he wanted to kill you, he'd have done it already."
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

Nikolas of the Mists wrote:He is no more political history now, than Bush will be in 6 months.
Interesting. I'd say once he's out of power, he's fair game for discussion. He becomes political history and we can talk about him. This goes both for Castro now, and for Bush in 6 months.

Obviously you disagree, but it's refreshing to see that we are both at least internally consistent even despite this difference of definition.
High Priest Mikhal
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by High Priest Mikhal »

Please don't start discussing politics. It gets people all riled up. That and French toast. :shock:

I would say Uwe Bolle for his gods-awful adaptations of otherwise excellent horror video games, but like I said in another thread: at least he tried. So instead I nominate those millions of people who talk trash about him without having actually seen his movies. Yes, they're bad, but don't just go on someone else's judgement. That's being a sheeple.
"Money is the root of all evil...I think I need more money."
HuManBing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by HuManBing »

If you take that to the logical extreme and lock up anybody who has ever passed judgment or made any sort of decision or held onto any sort of belief without first verifying it for themselves, then you'd have nobody left.

Believe in a religion? Then you have some element of faith in some supernatural thing that you have not personally experienced. Bam, Ravenloft.

Believe in a political idea? There are many ideas but few applied tests, so you're taking something on faith. Bam again.

Do you have a favorite product? Have you tried every other comparable product and determined its actual market value empirically? If not, you've just made an assumption. Enjoy the Demiplane of Dread.

And finally, for completeness' sake:

Did you read anything above and agree or disagree with it without conducting rigorous testing to prove/disprove it? If so, then I'll see you in Ravenloft.

Maybe we'll get a place in Mordent, I hear a lot of the Fraternity are there already :)
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Having reached the logical end point of this discussion...let's talk about something else!
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena: