Page 87 of 186
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:46 pm
by Adam
I'll let her go for now. I have a feeling I'd just get stabbed or caught and blow the whole thing, since Aldron's previous agents had tried and failed to do it this way before. Instead, I suggest we find the newest, best selling novel fitting what she'd be interested in and hide the note inside the front cover. Tie it up with some twine to keep it from coming open accidentally and deliver it to Holbin estate personally, bribing someone in the staff to see to it personally that it is placed somewhere she is sure to find it.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:54 pm
by steveflam
If that fails, Gertie could try to sneak into her bedroom and place the book there maybe?
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:12 pm
by ewancummins
steveflam wrote:If that fails, Gertie could try to sneak into her bedroom and place the book there maybe?
Sure.
Although that requires getting past any security and barriers at Holbin House.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:17 pm
by Adam
ewancummins wrote:steveflam wrote:If that fails, Gertie could try to sneak into her bedroom and place the book there maybe?
Sure.
Although that requires getting past any security and barriers at Holbin House.
If it fails, I almost think it'd be better to wait and just try to take her in one go. The worry of getting caught once is that then the jig is up and they'll be looking for us later.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:39 pm
by ewancummins
The adventure module makes no specific mention of the printshop being on location, but I added this detail because it fits my historical inspirations.
Your characters don't know it but this
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:45 pm
by ewancummins
Int
NPC
[dice]0[/dice]
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:51 pm
by steveflam
ewancummins wrote:The adventure module makes no specific mention of the printshop being on location, but I added this detail because it fits my historical inspirations.
Your characters don't know it but this
So maybe this Derek might know of Elissa's tastes, seeing as she appears to be an avid reader.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:13 pm
by ewancummins
steveflam wrote:ewancummins wrote:The adventure module makes no specific mention of the printshop being on location, but I added this detail because it fits my historical inspirations.
Your characters don't know it but this
So maybe this Derek might know of Elissa's tastes, seeing as she appears to be an avid reader.
Indeed.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:32 pm
by alhoon
Adam wrote:I'll let her go for now. I have a feeling I'd just get stabbed or caught and blow the whole thing, since Aldron's previous agents had tried and failed to do it this way before. Instead, I suggest we find the newest, best selling novel fitting what she'd be interested in and hide the note inside the front cover. Tie it up with some twine to keep it from coming open accidentally and deliver it to Holbin estate personally, bribing someone in the staff to see to it personally that it is placed somewhere she is sure to find it.
That sounds good.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:55 pm
by ewancummins
Adam wrote:I'll let her go for now. I have a feeling I'd just get stabbed or caught and blow the whole thing, since Aldron's previous agents had tried and failed to do it this way before. Instead, I suggest we find the newest, best selling novel fitting what she'd be interested in and hide the note inside the front cover. Tie it up with some twine to keep it from coming open accidentally and deliver it to Holbin estate personally, bribing someone in the staff to see to it personally that it is placed somewhere she is sure to find it.
Subtract five silver pence for a popular title.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:01 am
by alhoon
Fild would drop a few more silver to make sure we get an excellent book she would read, bound with those nice leathers and perfumed sheets. Increasing the chance she opens it and decreasing the chance that her chaperone will.
He would also suggest to NOT put in too much information in the note! Just that we come from her beloved and she will be approached "unconventionally". She will figure what that when the roof group knocks. A chaperone opening the book to make sure it doesn't have a note (they have caught notes in the past) should not, at any chance, find out that we plan a wedding.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:35 am
by Adam
alhoon wrote:Fild would drop a few more silver to make sure we get an excellent book she would read, bound with those nice leathers and perfumed sheets. Increasing the chance she opens it and decreasing the chance that her chaperone will.
He would also suggest to NOT put in too much information in the note! Just that we come from her beloved and she will be approached "unconventionally". She will figure what that when the roof group knocks. A chaperone opening the book to make sure it doesn't have a note (they have caught notes in the past) should not, at any chance, find out that we plan a wedding.
+1
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:54 pm
by ewancummins
I have just returned from a trip.
You may expect updates soon.
If anybody has material to add through posts, please don't wait on me.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:37 am
by ewancummins
Adam wrote:alhoon wrote:Fild would drop a few more silver to make sure we get an excellent book she would read, bound with those nice leathers and perfumed sheets. Increasing the chance she opens it and decreasing the chance that her chaperone will.
He would also suggest to NOT put in too much information in the note! Just that we come from her beloved and she will be approached "unconventionally". She will figure what that when the roof group knocks. A chaperone opening the book to make sure it doesn't have a note (they have caught notes in the past) should not, at any chance, find out that we plan a wedding.
+1
Updating based on this...
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue May 31, 2016 1:16 pm
by ewancummins
I have updated the scenes for all PCs (inside shop, outside shop, at open market).
Do you guys want to fast forward to the night and the attempt to spirit Elissa Holbin away from Holbin House, or are there other things you wish to do before you get to that?