The Shattered City: OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

In case anyone ever had any doubts, Rex is going to be using Stealth, Stealth, and more Stealth on this skill challenge.

Just thought I'd throw it out there. I figured you guys may not have caught on yet that Rex is a stealthy rogue.

EDIT: I imagine he's got the highest Stealth check of the party, probably by a good margin, so if anyone uses Bluff to push someone forward in the challenge, I'd say he's a good candidate.

He's also probably the only one with Thievery trained and if not, he's likely got the highest Thievery check. When it comes to picking pockets, he's probably the guy to do it.
Last edited by Kaitou Kage on Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

Rex Who? :wink:
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

Everyone within 10 squares gets a +1 to Diplomacy because Mercator's around (Group Diplomacy).

I do not understand the reasoning behind this ability, but I've got it, so we might as well use it!
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

It's because your hair is just so wild.
User avatar
Isabella
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1859
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:54 am

Post by Isabella »

He plays his '80s pop songs and drives the wraiths crazy.
"No, but evil is still being — Is having reason — Being reasonable! Mousie understands? Is always being reason. Is punishing world for not being... Like in head. Is always reason. World should be different, is reason."
User avatar
Kaitou Kage
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:53 am
Location: Here and there
Contact:

Post by Kaitou Kage »

"He drives me crazy (Oooh OOOH)
Like no one else~~ (Oooh OOOH)
He drives me crazy and I can't help myself!"
User avatar
Nathan of the FoS
Fiendish Enforcer
Fiendish Enforcer
Posts: 5247
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2003 3:39 pm
Location: San Francisco CA

Post by Nathan of the FoS »

That doesn't sound much like a Diplomacy bonus to me, but whatever works. :lucas: <--a wolf who knows something about wild hair, there
[b]FEAR JUSTICE.[/b] :elena:
User avatar
lostboy
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 1795
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:12 am
Location: Biding my time...

Post by lostboy »

I'm guessing Nicolas has burned his words of friendship and inspire competance before this starts then, or is there a vague chance its renewed?
"I had a dream, which was not all a dream.
The bright sun was extinguish'd, and the stars
Did wander darkling in the eternal space..."
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Inspire Competence is gone, gone, gone.

You can have your Words of Friendship back, however.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

I think this, "What do you guys gain from this crap?" angle is a solid one.

Also my diplomacy is huge.
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Attention

You can only make one roll (or use one ability) per Skill Challenge 'round'. Secondary, primary, doesn't matter, only one roll per round. All I meant by primary and secondary checks was that primary checks advanced you in the skill challenge, and secondary ones had other effects.

Sorry if this was not clear.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
User avatar
Cronax
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 456
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:52 pm
Location: Southern California

Post by Cronax »

Nerit wrote:Also, Agale :|. Somehow it seems like a bad idea to be condescending to Thanatos. Does Agale have a plan or something?
Condescension? :shock: Not at all what I intended. I suppose some inflection is lost in text.

As for a plan: I didn't have one specifically then, but I do now.
Everyone focus their diplomatic successes onto Celeste (except Rex). She should shortly be able to convince him to let her have the book. Once she's got it, Rex (who has accumulated a number of Stealth successes) or any other male character in a good position can politely tap Thanatos on the shoulder, cut in and dance her out to safety. What do you all think?
"In normal times, evil would be fought by good. But in times like these, it must be fought by a different kind of evil."
User avatar
Nerit
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 637
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:22 am
Location: The Eternal Autumn
Contact:

Post by Nerit »

Well, the slow clap and the warning words seemed patronizing, but that is the wonder of literary analysis and semantic ambiguity >_>. Anyway, plan works for me. I can do Bluff or Diplomacy. Bluff I would direct at Rex, Diplomacy at Celeste, I guess.
Petroselinum, salvia, ros marinus, et thymus.
Nuray Solak
User avatar
DocBeard
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 2165
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:35 pm

Post by DocBeard »

Neo: You said I could use the religion skill check. Should I get rid of the diplomacy check?
"Is there anything keeping us from checking that place out tonight?" Besides sanity, naturally.
User avatar
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Posts: 4119
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:00 pm
Gender: Male
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, USA

Post by NeoTiamat »

Choose which one you like to keep.

I guess I wasn't clear, I just meant that you could use your prior roll in Religion as your first check, sort of like how we did the Acrobatics earlier.
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
Post Reply