Awesome great for Van .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Curse of the Witch-King OOC

Post by ewancummins »

If nobody objects, I will advance the timeline a tad bit based on previous communications with players.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Sounds Good to me .
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

I have advanced the thread to keep things moving.

If anybody wants to continue that conversation, you can do it by PM and we can plug it into the second chapter as a flashback spoiler or quote box.

All I really need to know for now:

Does Alain plan to meet his friends again the next day or soon after?

What, if any, preparations is Klokulf making in the next tenday for his expedition?

Any other plans you think I ought to know about...

Once I have info from you guys, I can post an update and opener for the second chapter.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

ewancummins wrote:What, if any, preparations is Klokulf making in the next tenday for his expedition?
First, Klokulf will check the library at the Black Altar for geographic information about the Bleak Steppes of Hataar Baen, with an eye toward seeing if it is too dangerous or difficult to cross them off-road. If it looks favorable, the short path to the mountain pass would win over the expense of flight.

He is considering saving his money and crafting a field provisions box (Magic Item Compendium page 160; cost to create: 1,000 gp, 40 XP, 2 days) for the trip, so he will make a final decision on the path early this tenday (either flight and no box or mountain pass and box) and then craft the box over the middle of the week if necessary.

At some point, he will want to approach Alain about joining the expedition . . .
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Kat will be quietly lobbying for the mountain pass option, since she doesn't trust any spellcaster of Zhentil Keep at all, especially the ones that seem friendly (to Klokulf). She will try to line up some reliable provisions merchants, though we might do better buying after the sea trip
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

One more question:

Do you guys want to recruit a fourth player, adding a fourth PC?

Alhoon is out for now. He is very welcome to join later.
I haven't seen Rock or SkiBird around much lately. I presume the latter part of the last game either outpaced their available free time or lost their interest.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

ewancummins wrote:One more question:

Do you guys want to recruit a fourth player, adding a fourth PC?

Alhoon is out for now. He is very welcome to join later.
I haven't seen Rock or SkiBird around much lately. I presume the latter part of the last game either outpaced their available free time or lost their interest.
Sound great to me . Even 2 more players(Fighter type and Straight Sor/Wiz) would be welcome .
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

I certainly wouldn't mind.

Besides, from an in-game standpoint, Klokulf would probably want more than three people on the expedition.

That reminds me, Klokulf also needs to figure out how Alwina feels about his impending long term absence, and how safe she will be without him---and what might happen to her if he doesn't come back.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Wolfglide wrote:I certainly wouldn't mind.

Besides, from an in-game standpoint, Klokulf would probably want more than three people on the expedition.

That reminds me, Klokulf also needs to figure out how Alwina feels about his impending long term absence, and how safe she will be without him---and what might happen to her if he doesn't come back.

She's perfectly willing to accompany him on the expedition--except that she has a baby daughter to care for, now.
Taking the baby to Vaasa could be dangerous. And Alwina won't even use a wet-nurse (though she will have to do so if Klokulf leaves, as his spells have provided the 'breastmilk'), so it's not as if she will would leave her baby in the care of the Banite clergy or some slave.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

spellcraft

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Gather information

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

knowledge

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

sense motive

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

diplomacy