Page 2 of 4
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:27 am
by Jakob
Chosen One
[...]most important thing is to channel evil and hatred in Rashemani specimens[...]rture and pain are the quickest way to accomplish this, especially that of loved on[...]so that the specimen can feel such pure hatred for his slayer, and thus[...]member to
ward yourse[...]
sting the spell![...]Should an apprentice forg[...]most probalby the newly-awakened undead will leash at him[...]stead of his enemies[...]
- From a blood-spattered note from Hazlik to his apprentices, found near the rent corpse of Samalek, graduated from the Red Academy in 765 BC.
PS: Maybe I already told you this, but this is SOOOOOO fun!

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:40 am
by Jakob
Crawling claw
"Whaddaya mean 'Ya hear someone snap fingers'? The house shouldn't be inhabited"
"Well, I hear it, I tell ya I hear it!"
"Johnson, this family was said to be misterious and spooky... But they're all d-e-a-d now!"
"Look! There! I saw it!"
"Look wh-aaaaaaaargh!"
...
*snap* *snap*
-From the play "
Conversation between two dead homeless in an abandoned house of the Mordentshire environs, by Sir Resteph Dams (never published).
PS: I know it's silly, but I could not avoid jokes about creepy and kookey families.
* Serious version *
My mother always said: "The left hand is the hand of the fiends".
I always wrote with my left hand. I did everything with my left hand, from eating to spellcasting. Then I lost my left hand, and it fell in possession of our necromantic nemesis.
Only then I understood it. My mother was always right.
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:29 am
by Jakob
Cerebral symbiont: cerebral hood
I was looking at the ceiling of the cave the Mists brought me in after the lightning hit the Spire.
I could feel a voice in my head, a calm, relaxing voice. That cavern was the place where I ever wanted to be. It was my home. I felt claws caressing my chest, slimy tentacles prodding my head... Then I saw a large ray-like creature descending from the ceiling, over my head.
I was relaxed. It was my friend, the voice in my mind said.
I could see nothing, then. The cloak of leather was on my head.
Then I was myself no more.
I was not to be myself for the next seven months.
From the journal of Batu Basemap, Rashemani Warlock of Hala.
PS: Ok, this is addicting. I have to go to work now. ^_^
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:06 am
by Joël of the FoS
Jakob wrote: I sometimes wonder how you are thinking.
I think I laughed for a good fifteen minutes after reading this.

I see Hazlik as being mean
all the time, esp. with a wizard coming from his homeland
John, Crimson Bones is listed twice
Joël
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 10:29 am
by Jakob
Joël of the Fraternity wrote:Jakob wrote: I sometimes wonder how you are thinking.
I think I laughed for a good fifteen minutes after reading this.

I see Hazlik as being mean
all the time, esp. with a wizard coming from his homeland
Joël
That's the exact reason of my laughing.
He also sounds like the concerned mother o big brother.

Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:59 pm
by Joël of the FoS
Bogeyman, the Scissorman [DT&DL]
"Dear journal,
Yesterday was Daniel’s turn! I heard my parents say they found Daniel in his bed, and he wasn’t alive. They didn’t want to discuss this in front of me but I heard them saying it was full of blood. Like for Maurice and Jeanne. I’m scarred. My stupid parents do not hear what I try to tell them. I know who did this, we all knew. I’m afraid and do not want to go outside. Now I’m the last. I’m too afraid to sleep, since I also heard these scissors noise yesterday night at my window. Tonight, my parents said they will let me sleep in the room besides theirs, and they will let the door opened. If he arrives, they will hear and protect me.
Scissorman case #3 (Chateaufaux, year 755): excerpts from the last victim’s personal journal. "
From Hans Gleam’s notes.
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 4:50 pm
by Jakob
Corpse Rat Swarm
"Honeeeeyyyyyyy! Thaere are RATS in the kitchen!"
"By Ezra's mercy, woman... Just SWAT them with you mop!"
"But I ALREADY DID! THE LAST WEEK!"
- Darkonese joke
EDIT
* Serious Version *
The grime was clinging to my boots. In the murky water I could see things better not be descripted.
But THEY were behind me.
I could hear their small paws trampling in the sewer tunnel, the echo carried in multiple directions. Their squeaking was starting to sound like a chant, the smell of decadence of their small corpses was overwhelming. I was starting to lose hope.
I came to an intersection in the tunnel. Four dark tunnels were meeting in a larger vault. The flickering light of my lantern could not pierce the shadows.
Then I understood why the squeaking and the trampling were so close and pervasive.
They were coming from ALL THE DIRECTIONS.
- From
Memories of a Tunnel Dweller, by Ralph "Mudboots" LaRache, grimetrekker.
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:16 pm
by Mangrum
I'm loathe to tamp down the enthusiasm, but I'm looking to avoid overt humor.
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:11 pm
by Drinnik Shoehorn
Carrion Stalker
We saw poor Eduardo, lying dead, his guts on display to the whole world. I tells ya, it's the worstest thing I'd ever did see. Those wolves et him up good. Of course, then the man's guts started to move, started to sniff like an animal. Then they moved. Twasn't a dead man we where looking at, but a beastie that looked like the viserca of our friend, chewing on his head.
I take no shame in admittin' to heaving my guts up that day.
-Tharod Ironflint, Darkonese adventurer.
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:16 pm
by Drinnik Shoehorn
Caliban:
T'is not my fault that I am a monster
Tricky fate played my Mother for a fool
And twisted my looks, stole my beauty and
Created this wretch. Laugh and thy words will
Rip my dignity away. But know that
With the stealing of looks comes the gift
Of brutality
- From the Storm Wracked Island, by Lemot Sediam Juste
My attempt at Iambic Pentameter...
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:31 am
by Jakob
Mangrum wrote:I'm loathe to tamp down the enthusiasm, but I'm looking to avoid overt humor.
I'm sorry, I got carried off track by enthusiasm.

I'll edit the messages with a "serious version".

Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:38 am
by Mangrum
Jakob wrote:I'm sorry, I got carried off track by enthusiasm.

I'll edit the messages with a "serious version".

Don't erase the old ones -- they're amusing, just not exactly what I'm looking for.
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:46 am
by Jakob
Mangrum wrote:Jakob wrote:I'm sorry, I got carried off track by enthusiasm.

I'll edit the messages with a "serious version".

Don't erase the old ones -- they're amusing, just not exactly what I'm looking for.
Don't worry, I didn't.
Tell me if you like those better.
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 5:26 am
by Mangrum
I don't know who posted these, but they seem to have replaced my opening post. I'm putting them here before I restore the first post's laundry list.
Changeling (kin) [Denizens of Dread]
To my surprise, Mistress Eiadh received my thanks and praise with a very ill grace, and our hostess, overhearing me, made a brusque sign motioning me to silence; puzzled, I made some excuse and followed her into the next room.
"Young master," she said, her voice low and angry, "you're not of our folk, so you're not to know. But you must never praise a person so. Never. If the Fair Folk should hear you, would would become of Mistress Eiadh then? Will you comfort her family if they wake to find her elf-shot tomorrow morn?"
Bertram Mac Laren, Sixty Nights in Tepest
Cloaker, dread, shadow [Denizens of Dread]
The Great King gave several beautiful black cloaks to lucky guests at the beginning of the masque, including the Marquis de Verre, with whom I danced not once, not twice, but thrice, including the closing waltz. I sense a new conquest may be made there, dear sister! In truth it was a most diverting evening, but quite a taxing one; I have not quite been myself for the last two days, and write to you from bed even now.
letter from Lucrezia Drakkeshart to Marta Drakkeshart, both of Darkon
Cloaker, dread, tattered [Denizens of Dread]
Also, J. came back from his exploration of R. d. Lachryma side tunnel with a horrible ratty cloak which he refuses to take off; if he persists in wearing it I may be forced to steal the thing at least long enough to wash it, as it is still rather odorous. Can't think what has gotten into J., but must be careful of his feelings at present, as his cat died this afternoon.
Entry for 5/12/744, journal of Nathaneal Dent, grimetrekker
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 7:35 am
by Nathan of the FoS
Mangrum wrote:I don't know who posted these, but they seem to have replaced my opening post. I'm putting them here before I restore the first post's laundry list.
Woops. My bad. I'm sorry about that, Mangrum; I must've hit "Edit" instead of "Quote", and right as I posted my browser crashed, so when I didn't see my new material I thought it had simply failed to be transmitted.