Your wish granted...with a twist (part 2)

Books, movies, television and everything else
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

JinnTolser wrote:Granted! The Dark Powers hear your wish, and transform you into an automaton. You never fail to complete your routine tasks, but you no longer have any sort of imagination or even independent thought.

I wish this writer's strike thing would get resolved before TV ends up being nothing but reality shows.
Granted. It is resolved. And programming goes back to normal.

I wish that writers would stay out and that the television industry would collapse and take the Hollywood film industry with it.
The cure for what ails you
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Granted. With TV and movies completely gone, all those bad writers now write novels. And they clog up the bestseller lists, flood the bookstores with their garbage, and prevent better authors from getting published. Eventually, it becomes impossible to find good books or comics anywhere.

I wish I could predict how this wish was going to be twisted.
InVinoVeritas
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by InVinoVeritas »

Granted.

I wish I could be sure of the state of the world for the next twenty years.
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Granted! You know everything that's going to happen in the next twenty years. The effect this knowledge has on your mental state can be compared roughly to that of having morning coffee with Cthulhu.

I wish everyone was wise and well-behaved enough that we didn't need a govermnent at all.
Rotipher of the FoS
Thieving Crow
Thieving Crow

Post by Rotipher of the FoS »

Granted. Governments, and the taxes that support them, are no longer necessary. OTOH, while no longer required, governments still exist: they simply cease providing any services whatsoever, therefore making your tax dollars entirely wasted (as opposed to mostly).

I wish FOX's hokey old Werewolf TV series would come out on DVD, so I could get my low-budget cheese fix.
"Who [u]cares[/u] what the Dark Powers are? They're [i]bastards![/i] That's all I need to know of them." -- Crow
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Granted! But it only comes as part of a package deal with the entire back catalog of The Young and the Restless, for the low, low price of $1,349.95.

I wish February 14th would get skipped this year.
InVinoVeritas
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by InVinoVeritas »

Granted. Valentine's Day, however, falls on Feb 15th.

I wish people made more sense.
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

InVinoVeritas wrote:Granted. Valentine's Day, however, falls on Feb 15th.

I wish people made more sense.
You are granted godlike omniscience and every thing that everyone says now makes sense. But most of its is so petty and sickening that taking your own life makes perfect sense too and your proceed to do so.

I wish that Brittney Spears was unmasked as a doppleganger in the midst of an identity crises.
Dhampire
Conspirator
Conspirator
Location: Grand Mausoleum in the Balinok Mountains of Barovia

Post by Dhampire »

cure wrote:I wish that Brittney Spears was unmasked as a doppleganger in the midst of an identity crises.
Granted.

Unfortunately, the doppleganger failed to kill the real Brittany Spears who is actually much, much, worse and people STILL buy her crap and follow her around.

I wish those little heart candies you get around Valentine's Day tasted more like cherries and strawberries and less like chalk.
Nothing convinces like proof.
Jack of Tears
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

re

Post by Jack of Tears »

Granted, though now they are as expensive as fresh Cherries and Strawberries, while the real things henceforth taste like chalk.

I wish anyone would have really cared when Britney was exposed as a doppleganger, rather than making her queen of their nation of mindless zombie consumers.
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Granted! Upon Britney's secret being exposed, she is ostracized and no one ever speaks of her again. The very next day, Christina Aguilera goes through the same type of breakdown, and the whole thing starts over again...

I wish black Michael Jackson would return in a UFO and fight white Michael Jackson like in that episode of Robot Chicken.
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

JinnTolser wrote:I wish black Michael Jackson would return in a UFO and fight white Michael Jackson like in that episode of Robot Chicken.
Granted. The fight takes place, sparking a genocidal conflict between white and blacks on three continents.

I wish that Strahd would seek professional help for his obsession.
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Granted! Unfortunately, the therapist that he meets with, purely by coincidence, ends up being Tatyana's next reincarnation.

I wish there was another sequel to the Shadow Hearts series.
cure
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by cure »

JinnTolser wrote:I wish there was another sequel to the Shadow Hearts series.
Granted. A rip off book publisher in Shanghai renames the Hobbit and its characters appropriately and pronounces it the great and wonderful, much anticipated, Shadow Hearts sequel.

I wish that Americans would stop trying to vote for the lesser evil and at long last elect Cthulhu as President.

Cthulhu 2008: http://www.cthulhu.org/cthulhu/positions.html
JinnTolser
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JinnTolser »

Granted! But Cthulhu turns out to be a Republican... and anti-abortion! :shock:

I wish I had more wishes.