Staunton Bluffs V: New Blood

Rafael's and Skybolt's Online Campaign
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Seeing Blaise ready to attack, Inovidil says:

"Wait. He is flying and I bet that if he is not a wizard he will have for sure some spell like abilities. I have only a combat spell left and that is for close combat. Besides, I guess the other spellcasters are in quite the same situation. If he doesn't land I doubt we can harm him enough. Since he doesn't seem to have noticed us yet, I prefer go to the castle rest for the night and then tomorrow, be ready to attack."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:OOC: I'm a little confused...is the entire space between where the party is now and the castle covered in molten lava? If so, does the party have anywhere to go without flying, since the wood behind them is burning? If you could make a map of where the party is relative to a) the lava, b), the forest fire, and c) the castle, it would really help!
I was wondering the same thing, Rafael.

Jarg eyes the floating white haired man carefully, hands on his crossbow, ready to shoot, but waiting to see what the others do."It may be a good idea to just head on to this castle , this man may leave us alone" Jarg says.

Brethana grips her Great Sword tightly, nervous at the sight of the flying man. How I'd love to run my Great Sword thru his heart! All this fire and lava is not natural, she grits her teeth.
Le Noir Faineant
Rafe, Agent of the Fraternity

Post by Le Noir Faineant »

Nathan of the FoS wrote:OOC: I'm a little confused...is the entire space between where the party is now and the castle covered in molten lava? If so, does the party have anywhere to go without flying, since the wood behind them is burning? If you could make a map of where the party is relative to a) the lava, b), the forest fire, and c) the castle, it would really help!
[Alright. let's try it like that:]

Code: Select all

forest fire

forest fire THE PARTY forest fire 

*area will small seas and rivers of molten lava*

The Castle [really, really far away]

Nathan of the FoS wrote: *Quench--I knew there had to be a useful druid spell for this situation somewhere.
:!:

Before you, tons of gallons of water fall on the molten stone from the empty air, and a fresh breeze of wet smoke rises and clouds your sight for a few moments.

As the fog disperses, you can see that Fallenleaf has indeed managaed to cool an area of about 20 meters before you - the lava has been frozen to stone. That newly-created ground is still warm, but not burning any more...

As you stand there, at the shore of this lake of fire,

you're shaken again in the deepest corner of your souls...

THE SKY!

IT BREAKS OPEN!!!

Le Noir Faineant

And over you in the scorched sky, in the rift between the worlds, you see images of silent beauty, like you have never seen before...

The birth of something wonderful and new...

Another world, unpolluted by the mists...

And in the burning sky above you, the mad sorcerer dances...
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

New World

Post by steveflam »

[Ooc: would it be possible for say , someone to fly up into the new world or fly us up into the new world. Do P.C's not native to Ravenloft recognize this new world?

Brethana walks onward nervously glancing at the white haired man and the rift in the sky hoping to reach the castle soon......

Jarg starts to walk towards the castle as well but staying behind Brethana Maybe an opportunity to at least hurt her may presen itself Jarg thinks smugly to himself.
LouisVendredi
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by LouisVendredi »

Looking longingly at the peaceful scene in the sky above, but not knowing how to get to it, George begins to walk over the newly formed bridge over the lava towards the castle.
"Evil things have plans. They have things to do."
-- Anya Jenkins
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

Rafael wrote:As the fog disperses, you can see that Fallenleaf has indeed managaed to cool an area of about 20 meters before you - the lava has been frozen to stone. That newly-created ground is still warm, but not burning any more...
Blaise is shaken from his intent to attack by the impressive -- and potentially life-saving -- display of magic. "That's... very good," he says to the skeletal Fallenleaf, slightly awed. But that feeling quickly fades as the sky itself rips open!
Rafael wrote:As you stand there, at the shore of this lake of fire,

you're shaken again in the deepest corner of your souls...
"By Ezra," he gasps, uttering an oath he realizes he hasn't said in a year. He's suddenly quite glad that he didn't risk the wrath of the seeming god-like figure above them.

Trembling, he steps forward across the cooled surface, feeling helpless and small. "Perhaps you're right," he says to Inovidil, still glancing up at the beautiful, unreachable landscape, "perhaps we should go to the castle and find shelter. But there may be no 'tomorrows' for any of us!"
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Following the others towards the castle Inovidil says:

"I hope I'm right too. I'm pretty stranger to this world and place too."

Seeing at the sky the vision of the new world the young woman feels a slight hope getting her heart. Touching one more time the silver moon at her necklace continues:

"Maybe we are not completely lost. Maybe we still have a chance to achieve or get to this magnificent place."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana walks with the others , suspicious yet of the white haired man , glad he seems oblivious so far to their presence. "If we hurry maybe , yes we can make it safely to the castle and rest there" she says.

Jarg still follows slightly behind the others, a watchful eye on the white haired man and Brethana I best be careful for now, he ponders, there are too many witnesses, he rages silently. Hopefully we do make it to the castle then maybe an opportunity will present itself! Patience Jarg, patience! Remember what Darda taught you!

Jarg mumbles to himself as he walks , "I do hope we get there soon, this road is long and that man is starting to get under my skin!" Jarg spits out angrily.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

A smoke blackened but apparently unharmed Moorkroft comes out of the woods behind the rest of the party. He gazes up at the vision of another world in the skies, then moves swiftly to rejoin his companions.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Shana gazes in awe at the visions in the sky, then she shakes herself out of it, glancing at Moorkroft

"good to see you're okay!"

She then turns and hurries across the land following the others, giving Blaise a grin

"ahh.. another optimist I see! we're not dead yet. Probably."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Brethana smiles at Shana "Well being optimist is better than feeling how we really feel , so let's make it to the castle , thats a start! I hope thast man doesnt notice us before we get there i dont like the idea of us fighting him."

Jarg listens to everyone but says nothing, hoping he does make it to the castle unscathed, then maybe an opportunity to get rid of that elf will persent itself!!
Don Fernando
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Don Fernando »

Jarryd just stands there without words at the image of that new strange but beautiful landscape..
"6 out of 10 Rakshasas eat Whiskas"
Le Noir Faineant

tarlyn st-denfer wrote:[Ooc: would it be possible for say , someone to fly up into the new world or fly us up into the new world. Do P.C's not native to Ravenloft recognize this new world?
[You don't know if this is really a portal to another world, a mere illusion, or whatever else... Maybe it would be possible to fly up there, but even if it was a portal, you absolutely can't say if you could cross the barreers unharmed...]
LouisVendredi wrote:Looking longingly at the peaceful scene in the sky above, but not knowing how to get to it, George begins to walk over the newly formed bridge over the lava towards the castle.
When George sets foot on the petrified lava...

The air in front of him begins to flicker...

Like in a bad dream, a nightmare, you watch reality vane away... And from a portal of yellow light, a ghost girl emerges...

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE ME

YOU WHO REVERE TO MY MOTHER

WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE ME

The girl's words echo in your heads with a stinging fury...

The girl, as most of you might notice, bears a striking resemblance to the boy you met at Arlington Farm...

Those who undertook the journey through the mistways and to the Borderstone will recognize the girl...

The poor little child they could not protect from the snake vampires...

The glooming spirit that showed them how to escape...
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Girl

Post by steveflam »

"A Demon girl!!!!!!" Brethana points at the girl with her GreatSword nervously, advancing slowly, unsure of what to do next.

Jarg aims his crossbow on the girl and fires Better to shoot first and ask questions later. "Back foul demon from whence you came!!!"