Page 112 of 186

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:30 pm
by alhoon
As an OOC but still important note: I just defended successfully my Ph.D. Thesis. I finished my Ph.D. and soon I'll be declared dr by the University ("soon" is after the university goes again in full gear after the summer).

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:44 pm
by steveflam
alhoon wrote:As an OOC but still important note: I just defended successfully my Ph.D. Thesis. I finished my Ph.D. and soon I'll be declared dr by the University ("soon" is after the university goes again in full gear after the summer).
Congrats A!

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:54 pm
by alhoon
alhoon wrote:As an OOC but still important note: I just defended successfully my Ph.D. Thesis. I finished my Ph.D. and soon I'll be declared dr by the University ("soon" is after the university goes again in full gear after the summer).
Because this comment provoked questions about what it means for me, I'll reply in simple terms everyone here would understand:

In Povero, I would be above Alfonse in social standing. :) I would be MMC and Aldron would be addressing me.

What it means in me financially is... nothing. I would be a really poor MMC (i.e. LMC but other intellectuals would vehemently protest against this although secretly they would consider me LMC as well).

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:02 pm
by steveflam
alhoon wrote:
alhoon wrote:As an OOC but still important note: I just defended successfully my Ph.D. Thesis. I finished my Ph.D. and soon I'll be declared dr by the University ("soon" is after the university goes again in full gear after the summer).
Because this comment provoked questions about what it means for me, I'll reply in simple terms everyone here would understand:

In Povero, I would be above Alfonse in social standing. :) I would be MMC and Aldron would be addressing me.

What it means in me financially is... nothing. I would be a really poor MMC (i.e. LMC but other intellectuals would vehemently protest against this although secretly they would consider me LMC as well).
I asked Van on FB about it,, well man, congrats!

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:05 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:
alhoon wrote:As an OOC but still important note: I just defended successfully my Ph.D. Thesis. I finished my Ph.D. and soon I'll be declared dr by the University ("soon" is after the university goes again in full gear after the summer).
Because this comment provoked questions about what it means for me, I'll reply in simple terms everyone here would understand:

In Povero, I would be above Alfonse in social standing. :) I would be MMC and Aldron would be addressing me.

What it means in me financially is... nothing. I would be a really poor MMC (i.e. LMC but other intellectuals would vehemently protest against this although secretly they would consider me LMC as well).
But you can cast spells now.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:15 pm
by alhoon
I wouldn't call them spells, but if I evaluated with good precision the reserves of an area fast and efficiently you wouldn't know the difference. ;)

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:53 pm
by VAN
Do I need to roll animal training for Gem to guard the cabin?

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:42 pm
by steveflam
ewan, I will remove those items from my sheet as Gertie did give them to the Elissa.

Is there someplace we can heat water?

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:46 pm
by ewancummins
steveflam wrote:ewan, I will remove those items from my sheet as Gertie did give them to the Elissa.

Is there someplace we can heat water?
A search reveals an iron pot on the floor. You can heat it in the fireplace. That will make some smoke, of course.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:46 pm
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:Do I need to roll animal training for Gem to guard the cabin?
Is guard one of the tricks you already have recorded/noted?

If so, yes.

If not, he will guard on command without a roll.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:29 am
by Adam
I think we need to go back to Aldron and tell him that things went tits up, but I'm also thinking we'd better be on our guard. They knew we were coming, so somebody in the know tipped them off. It could have been our employer.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:45 pm
by ewancummins
I see guard and attack on the list.

It works. The dog will certainly bark at intruders, even without training.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:27 pm
by ewancummins
QUESTIONS


Alfonse, Tom, and Gertie:

How much sleep do they hope to get? (Alfonse needs rest to prepare spells again the next day.)
Eat?
Will they try to get things from the Frisky Friar (it seems doubtful they would carry all their worlds possessions on the burglary/elopement/kidnapping job-- though they do not own a ton of stuff. Rations might have been left behind,mshare clothing, blankets, etc. ).
Contact any NPCs?
Any plan to get in touch with their missing companions?


FILD AND TITUS

Are FILD and Titus hanging around to meet the dogs and whoever is coming with them? If not, where are they going to go?
Assuming they are not killed or captured, what are their plans for the night and the next morning? If they have no plans, let me know.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:32 pm
by steveflam
Gertie can go back and get their stuff.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:03 pm
by VAN
I think we should sleep/rest 8 hours so Alfonse can get spells. Is there is food in the cabin so we can eat?

Gem can probably track the others if Gertie gets Fild's or Titus clothes to Tom.