Page 133 of 186
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:33 am
by alhoon
I see absolutely no problem with that...
So... had Fild on his way there overheard what happened with Aldron?
And the fun part:
Let's OOC theorize on what Aldron hoped to gain \ motives.
Did he think civil war will make his rivals crush and burn? Perhaps.
Was he aware that you choose when to start the civil war but you don't choose when it ends? Probably not.
Has he realized that when you set fire to the house next to you, your own house may burn instead if the wind turns? Most likely not.
Is he a Sociapath that did it all out of seer detachment? Or just overly ambitious? I would say ambitious and not too concerned with the consequences of failure (or even success).
Is he a cult leader of an evil God that revels in such things? Well, not likely but it's a fun thought.
Did he even WANT a civil war or it was just the first step of his plans? Well, I secretly hope there's more to it. A large plan.
Does he serve another master? Hopefully the plot those serpent-mentioning people talk about is Aldron's plot.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:58 am
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:I see absolutely no problem with that...
So... had Fild on his way there overheard what happened with Aldron?
And the fun part:
Let's OOC theorize on what Aldron hoped to gain \ motives.
Did he think civil war will make his rivals crush and burn? Perhaps.
Was he aware that you choose when to start the civil war but you don't choose when it ends? Probably not.
Has he realized that when you set fire to the house next to you, your own house may burn instead if the wind turns? Most likely not.
Is he a Sociapath that did it all out of seer detachment? Or just overly ambitious? I would say ambitious and not too concerned with the consequences of failure (or even success).
Is he a cult leader of an evil God that revels in such things? Well, not likely but it's a fun thought.
Did he even WANT a civil war or it was just the first step of his plans? Well, I secretly hope there's more to it. A large plan.
Does he serve another master? Hopefully the plot those serpent-mentioning people talk about is Aldron's plot.
FILD did not overhear Alfonse denounce Master Folbre, so learning that Folbre set the party up will likely surprise him.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:01 pm
by ewancummins
FILD is short.
It may be that the other PCs are too distracted ,mor their view is too obstructed, to see him right away.
But he can see them, so they might see him.
I leave this entirely up to you guys. Decide it by random roll, by player choice, whatever.
But the aristocrats await an answer.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:15 pm
by steveflam
Gem is wagging his tail at someone, Gertie will try to see who the dog is wagging his tail at.
Picture of Gem :
He he he .....
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:38 pm
by alhoon
I used all my suck-upness to nullify Fild's rude reaction to the small part of the news that I assume he heard.
Started and closing with compliments about the daughter and mother. It always helps to compliment one's kids and adding a bit of flattering to the mother herself rarely hurts...
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:54 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:I used all my suck-upness to nullify Fild's rude reaction to the small part of the news that I assume he heard.
Started and closing with compliments about the daughter and mother. It always helps to compliment one's kids and adding a bit of flattering to the mother herself rarely hurts...
Indeed.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:58 pm
by alhoon
I think the image of Gabby when talking about mothers and their kids was ... an unfortunate choice.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:00 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:I think the image of Gabby when talking about mothers and their kids was ... an unfortunate choice.
LOL.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:02 pm
by ewancummins
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:21 pm
by ewancummins
And that is CHAPTER EIGHT.
Very short, but the last bit seemed like an excellent point to stop.
Once you are caught up, read this:
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:23 pm
by alhoon
ewancummins wrote: ''Formal suspicion? No, I think you misunderstand. This is all gone past the ordinary course of the laws, now. This is faction war."
Savelle just made the civil war official!
I knew it. I
KNEW it would come to civil war. What a hot-headed fool! Would it kill him to be a
tad more diplomatic? Wait a bit to see what happened with his son?
Both him and Aldron are fools.
So much for our initial pledge of "staying in the right side of the law this time guys!" Within 2 days, we have abducted a noble, indicted the head of a house and ignited a civil war. Tanaris will be dropping by just to give us a high-five, and then leave for vacation since we did all their work for them.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:25 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:ewancummins wrote: ''Formal suspicion? No, I think you misunderstand. This is all gone past the ordinary course of the laws, now. This is faction war."
Savelle just made the civil war official!
I knew it. I
KNEW it would come to civil war. What a hot-headed fool! Would it kill him to be a
tad more diplomatic? Wait a bit to see what happened with his son?
Both him and Aldron are fools.
So much for our initial pledge of "staying in the right side of the law this time guys!" Within 2 days, we have abducted a noble, indicted the head of a house and ignited a civil war. Tanaris will be dropping by just to give us a high-five, and then leave for vacation since we did all their work for them.
Methinks Alhoon agrees it was a strong note on which to end a chapter.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:28 pm
by alhoon
Gloss over... what? The 8-hours rest or the tensions raising and all?
And how are things with the Savelles and Hoblins? Is a common enemy that tried to extinguish both families heirs enough common ground for them to consider allowing the marriage in the end?
Fild liked Elissa but was not impressed by the Savelle Patriarch at all and has his misgivings about the Hoblin Matriarch. He is afraid that tensions will catch honorable, honest and innocent people in the waves.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:30 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:
Gloss over... what? The 8-hours rest or the tensions raising and all?
And how are things with the Savelles and Hoblins? Is a common enemy that tried to extinguish both families heirs enough common ground for them to consider allowing the marriage in the end?
Fild liked Elissa but was not impressed by the Savelle Patriarch at all and has his misgivings about the Hoblin Matriarch. He is afraid that tensions will catch honorable, honest and innocent people in the waves.
The eight hours rest, mainly.
RPing sleep is a bit silly, and you all could really use a long nap.
Re: POVERO Campaign OOC
Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:31 pm
by ewancummins
I trimmed the spoiler a bit.