Page 137 of 186

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:42 am
by Metaflux
I would like to create a new PC since I feel I'd be infringing on someone else's creation if I just up and played with their character.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:43 am
by ewancummins
RE site;

I'll look for one.

You can use an AD&D character sheet on MythWeavers. That should help a lot.

Plug in the attributes in the order you rolled and listed them above.

Write in the race you choose.

Write in the class you choose.

I'm going Basic/3E style with weapon proficiencies. If your class can use it, your dude can use wit without penalty. Don't worry about slots. Single class fighters get weapon spec in just one weapon for free.

Saving throws are something I can provide a link to. It's pretty simple, though, just look at a chart and plug in the numbers by class and level.

THAC0 is BaB expressed differently. You still roll a D20 to hit.

Armor class goes down as it gets better.

Hit points will start at max for first level.

Alignment isn't different than 3E.

That leaves equipment, skills, and spell if those apply.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:45 am
by ewancummins
Metaflux wrote:I would like to create a new PC since I feel I'd be infringing on someone else's creation if I just up and played with their character.
No problem.


You can play a new guy sent in by the Savelle family to help recover Richard Savelle, or else by the Watch or maybe the other city guilds.
Somebody who has a good reason to help the party against the villain.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:24 am
by alhoon
Welcome!

An important thing about 2e, especially in this combat-light game: Skill checks are against a DC equal to the ability usually.

I.e. if you have str 11 and you need to make a str check, usually it's "roll 11 or less". Some things put modifiers in.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:34 am
by alhoon
Adam wrote: He gestures to a passing guard, asking for coffee to shake the last corners of sleep from his mind.
:shock:
Is coffee around? And if it is, isn't it insanely expensive?

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:07 pm
by VAN
Welcome aboard Metaflux, hope you enjoy rhe gaming with us :)

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:20 pm
by Metaflux
So...I pmed about this, but I figure I'll put the character creation stuff in the thread to make matters easier. Looking at the 2e classes, I saw bard, and how it differentiates from the 3e and up bards. I do believe the 3.5 Fochlucan Bard PrC is a reference to it, and that PrC was a blast for me. Even from level 1. I was wondering, despite the required ability scores for the Bard class, if that was something I could build into in the future. I recognize that this character would probably die by level 5 or so since it is Ravenloft, but playing a Bard in this style has long been a goal for me.

The statistics required for a Bard would be 15/12/15/15/10/15. I currently have 9/11/11/17/10/10, and there is a vast difference between my set and the required set before. In this case, I would like to compromise. I take the required ability score set, and you give my character a penalty of sorts. Facial Disfigurations so I have to wear a mask, and people are somewhat repulsed. Maybe a leg is gone so my movement is impaired. These are just some examples, and you would choose the hindrance of my character.

Thoughts?

I'll be starting Human Thief, btw.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:47 pm
by alhoon
Eh, there are kits in 2nd edition that you take at first leve, not prestige classes you can get into later, and ability scores don't increase (except by powerful magic). So... you're stuck with the class you start (except human that can, with difficulty, change to another class but it requires extremely high scores).
What I mean to say is that you can't "build" towards a class. You either have the required scores or not.


For example, I play Fild. A gnome fighter. That's it. Fild will be fighter for all his adventuring career.

PS. Povero is not Ravenloft. ;)

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:58 pm
by Metaflux
Do you by any chance have a link to a 2e srd site? I don't currently have the books for it.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:01 pm
by ewancummins
Right, the AD&D First Edition bard is a kind of proto-prestige class.

But the 2E bard is something you would normally start with.

Neither set qualifies for the 2E bard.

Options:

Play a thief and use the generous helping of freebie/extra skills from his 17 int to make a minstrel or entertainer type.
Note that I am de emphasizing kits, but I allow two fee slots of general group NWP.

Let me roll a third set for you (I did this for a couple of other guys) and see if that maybe isn't more to your liking.


Bbl...

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:06 pm
by alhoon
Metaflux wrote:Do you by any chance have a link to a 2e srd site? I don't currently have the books for it.
Well, if you google "AD&D 2nd edition" you'll find something for sure. I can't provide links cause I'm not sure what's legal and what's not.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:40 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:
Metaflux wrote:Do you by any chance have a link to a 2e srd site? I don't currently have the books for it.
Well, if you google "AD&D 2nd edition" you'll find something for sure. I can't provide links cause I'm not sure what's legal and what's not.
There is no SRD.

Not much is legal.

But the SSI games reprinted some of the core rules in their players guides, and those are available.

There are also some character generators.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:53 pm
by ewancummins
:gabrielle:

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:04 pm
by ewancummins
[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

[dice]2[/dice]

[dice]3[/dice]


[dice]4[/dice]

[dice]5[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:10 pm
by ewancummins
Image