Page 145 of 186

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:14 am
by Adam
I have 10 shots and they're running away. Look around for a clear route to the harbor, I suppose.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:15 am
by Adam
ewancummins wrote:
Adam wrote:Do we know which ships are pirate ships? Are they conveniently flying a jolly roger?
Sadly, no.

But if any PC has the Heraldry NWP, he can use that to try to identify vessels by any flag, signs, etc.
I actually do have that.

[dice]0[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:00 am
by ewancummins
Adam wrote:
ewancummins wrote:
Adam wrote:Do we know which ships are pirate ships? Are they conveniently flying a jolly roger?
Sadly, no.

But if any PC has the Heraldry NWP, he can use that to try to identify vessels by any flag, signs, etc.
I actually do have that.

[dice]226451:0[/dice]
No obvious Folbre flags or markers.

Not all the vessels display banners or painted signs.

The bigger one toward the right (see map) flies a collared dog's head merchant banner associated with a foster operating out of the city of Chardon, a city which is both a trade partner and a rival of POVERO.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:01 am
by ewancummins
Adam wrote:I have 10 shots and they're running away. Look around for a clear route to the harbor, I suppose.
Okay, full round.
That gives him time to sneak up, assess the scene, come back, and tell the others what he saw.


[dice]0[/dice]

He scouts it out.

No pirates on the far left side of the map. They are thickest on the right, where they are loading stuff onto their dog banner vessel.
Maybe a dozen in plain view on the waterfront, with others coming in and out of buildings or moving up and down from that vessel's hold.

An abandoned team of cart horses is pulling at a hitch on the left.


The pirates running from the party are going down the smoky alley right of the pub.

All pirates are armed with hand weapons. Just a couple carry crossbows or bows.
Only a few wear armor: studded leather jacks or salt- stained gambesons.
Most are holding loot or working with rope.
Maybe a third brandish weapons as they kick in doors and knock over stalls.

Civilians seem to have all fled.

Look at the map.

Questions?

NOTE

FEEL free to paraphrase the stuff above, if Alfonse fills the others in, or you write a POV post for him.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:37 am
by VAN
Tom still has one free action for the previous round right? So will shoot at one of the fleeing pirates if he has a clear shot. Since is free action I guess he has only 1 shot not 2.

[dice]0[/dice]
This is my 3rd crit with the bow :D

[dice]1[/dice]

Does the bow spec apply to arquebus? If yes then ok he can use it otherwise he will stick with the awesome bow :D

As for the current round can he still shoot at the fleeing pirates or they have already left?

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:42 am
by ewancummins
He's not specialized. Anyway. Multiclass.


But, yeah, as melee is breaking off, he can move to get clear shot and still shoot.
Alertness helped.

[dice]0[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:42 am
by ewancummins
[dice]0[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:44 am
by ewancummins
Okay, so the Nat 20 was to the rump as that guy ran down the alley and turned.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:46 am
by ewancummins
Oh, I see you rolled for damage already?
Longbow with sheaf arrow?

In any case, ignore the 1 I rolled. Count as max damage. He's down, shot through the buttocks.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:02 pm
by ewancummins
ewancummins wrote:Fild shot one. Out.

Fild bashed one. Out.

Titus clobbered one. Out.


The other two are up and running, having taken minor hits ( no serious injuries, just bruises, scratches, creeping fatigue, etc)
One of those just fell tomTom's archery.

One left running...

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:33 pm
by VAN
Ok Tom will climb to a roof and shoot from there.

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:38 pm
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:Ok Tom will climb to a roof and shoot from there.

[dice]226461:0[/dice]

[dice]226461:1[/dice]
Cool.

I will use these rolls at the top of next round.

Party has init in this coming round.

But Metaflux still gets his action/s.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:53 pm
by ewancummins
Rules clarification:



WP and NWP are optional.


You guys voted to use NWP but to not use WP.

That means all PCs can use whatever weapons are listed as class weapons, at no to hit penalty.
For warriors, that's anything.
Don't track WP.

Single class fighters get specialization in the weapon of their choice. Again, no need to worry about slots.

I did all this based on your votes/expressed preferences as a group.

If you all would prefer to switch to using the optional WP system, let me know.
It's more complicated and it limits which weapons you can use without penalty.

The only benefit I can see is that it would open up some Fighter's Handbook options.

I will let you guys vote one last time, because some players are still a bit confused. I want clarity and agreement. But if anybody feels his PC is getting gypped, we will NOT retcon this rule.

Creating poll.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:36 pm
by ewancummins
NOTICE TO ALL PLAYERS


I have included two rules-related polls.

Let's clarify these fiddly bits, so there is no confusion in play.

I have not included any options I'm not comfortable running.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:34 pm
by ewancummins
If things move past Metaflux, I will let him do two actions next round, or something fairly complex, but within reason.