Page 18 of 186

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:09 pm
by steveflam
ewancummins wrote:
tarlyn wrote:
Zilfer wrote:^According to this ruling she would know everything though, is what I think Ewan is trying to say. (Everything that is thief based we can use) It looks like you and me just did an extra step of picking specific weapons we were familiar with when we don't have to.

Actually my weapons were by choice, not familiarity.It is what she knows how to and wants to use. And she uses her weapons in her trade, not to fight.
Right-o.

Whip to whip guard dogs back from her, knife for prying stuff open?
Also the whip can be used like a rope if you think about it, for climbing.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:12 pm
by ewancummins
Good times

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:55 pm
by steveflam
Told you she will be a lot of fun.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:38 pm
by VAN
Can I keep the kit Ewan?

Also do you allow multi-class? Tom has 15 STR he can be fighter-thief so he can use a shield too in melee. The armor will be same of course, no money and I don't want more penalties anyway on the thief skills.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:24 pm
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:Can I keep the kit Ewan?

Also do you allow multi-class? Tom has 15 STR he can be fighter-thief so he can use a shield too in melee. The armor will be same of course, no money and I don't want more penalties anyway on the thief skills.
Short answer:

Half elf can be a fighter/thief. No problem.

No kit.

But you get two bonus slots if we do it the way I described above (no votes against, multiple for, I RULE IT IS NOW OFFICIAL.)
So two slots comes out the same as what a kit would give. The kit becomes pointless.
But feel free to describe him as an investigator. Keep the concept.
(Nite that the kit has nothing special beyond NWPs. No special hindrance or bonus)

Note that multiclass fighters DO NOT get weapon specialization. But they can wear any armor and use any weapon.
Also pay normal cost for warrior group NWPs.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:27 pm
by ewancummins
tarlyn wrote:Told you she will be a lot of fun.

Burgle

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:07 pm
by ewancummins
SO
WE HAVE


GNOME FIGHTER WITH BOOMSTICK AND SHORTSWORD

HALF ELF FIGHTER/THIEF WITH HUNTING DOG

HUMAN THIEF WITH WHIP

HUMAN MAGE WITH STUDENT DEBT

HUMAN THIEF WHO RIPPED OFF THE COIN COLLECTING COUNT

HUMAN CLERIC OF THE SPEAKER IN STORMS

Somebody played by JMatyr

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:12 pm
by steveflam
LOL I have to admit , wow, even back in Medieval times, Student Debt!!! Hats off to you, whoever you are lol.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:24 pm
by Zilfer
O.O I was wondering who Steve Flam was for a second... then i realized it was Tarlyn one of the longest standing members here. xD

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:45 am
by steveflam
Zilfer wrote:O.O I was wondering who Steve Flam was for a second... then i realized it was Tarlyn one of the longest standing members here. xD

Nah. Many more have been here before me dude!

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:48 am
by VAN
Actually my kit was giving an extra 5% detect noise and -5 pickpocket. I keep these adjustments? 5% Detect noise is cool!

No probs for the specialization, I just wanted the shield so Tom can get in melee later (when he gets the shield) we have only one fighter. Most probably NWP I will keep the same since he will be basically a thief. But I will check warrior's as well. Need some time with the character sheet apparently!
When do you plan to start the game Ewan?

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:14 am
by alhoon
I put Plumbing tools at 10gp, and each shot at 1gp.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:47 am
by ewancummins
Sure, keep the adjustments.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:48 am
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:Actually my kit was giving an extra 5% detect noise and -5 pickpocket. I keep these adjustments? 5% Detect noise is cool!

No probs for the specialization, I just wanted the shield so Tom can get in melee later (when he gets the shield) we have only one fighter. Most probably NWP I will keep the same since he will be basically a thief. But I will check warrior's as well. Need some time with the character sheet apparently!
When do you plan to start the game Ewan?
We will start when BR has ended, or sooner if hat games runs longer than expected.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:20 am
by VAN
Great I have time then because I will be away for a week.