Birthright: Tuornen IC

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Birthright: Tuornen IC

Post by ewancummins »

Outside the Auld Oak

The dogs set to barking again as Gunnar steps out the door into the twlilight courtyard.

Rumbler snorts and paws the earth as Gunnar removes weapons and armor from his saddlebags.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

After after putting on some mail and adjusting some of his equipment over his mail . He grabs his bow and arrows, then leads his horse to the stables to be used if need be . On hearing the dogs barking he looks to them saying "Oh be quite he not going to eat you, but I might if you don't be shut up and only bark if there are some enemies about ." On saying that Gunnar looks around to see if they are barking at some thing else coming into town besides the "Huntmen" or him getting his gear or moving Rumble to a protected position .
Last edited by Lord Skybolt on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Roald leaps over the counter an pulls the cabinet open.
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

ewancummins wrote:Filbert pats down the last of the flames and listens for Baubb's footfalls, or any noise to indicate the man's route of escape.

He thinks he hears something behind the interior door by which Baubb had enetred the room a short time ago, a door which is now closed.

Looking about for the man he's chasing, Roald sees no other obvious exits. The counter and a tall cabinet on the far wall might offer hiding places.
Filbert tries to listen again and then goes to open the door as silently as he can but in case Baubb is hiding behind it immediately after he opens it he gets 2 steps back. He doesn't pass though the door yet.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Lord Skybolt wrote:"Oh so the "Huntsmen" shows his face at last ."Gunnar says in amusement at the reaction of rest of the rest of those in the inn as he stands up to go get the some of his gear from his horse on the "Huntsmen" saying that more enemies are coming . He goes bye the Huntsmen without word as he goes to get the gear that he has brought to the town for a normal visit .
The Huntsman ignores Gunnar's comment, he moves to leave the inn the Huntsman stands aside to let him pass.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Baubb's home
Varrus the Ethical wrote:Roald leaps over the counter an pulls the cabinet open.

Something like a snake shoots at Roald from an upper shelf, nearly striking him in the face as it tumbles to the floor.
HahahaHahahahahaHaahahahaaa

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images ... 55&s=books

The toy laughs in a brassy little voice.

The rest of the cabinet is full of wooden parts, scraps of leather and cloth, broken toys, and other odds and ends.

The failing daylight through the broken door and breached window shows that much—but Roald can’t make out the details of the entire room. Too many deep shadows. Night is falling and Filbert has stamped out the flames from the broken lantern.
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

RocEter wrote:
Lord Skybolt wrote:"Oh so the "Huntsmen" shows his face at last ."Gunnar says in amusement at the reaction of rest of the rest of those in the inn as he stands up to go get the some of his gear from his horse on the "Huntsmen" saying that more enemies are coming . He goes bye the Huntsmen without word as he goes to get the gear that he has brought to the town for a normal visit .
The Huntsman ignores Gunnar's comment, he moves to leave the inn the Huntsman stands aside to let him pass.
He notices that this big blond man moves and looks more like a soldier or duellist than a common farmer.
The stranger's voice carries a foreign accent, too.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

The Huntsman takes note of Gunnar's solider or duelist like demeanor...
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Auld Oak-
RocEter wrote:The Huntsman takes note of Gunnar's solider or duelist like demeanor...

Some of the locals try to get a look at the legendary 'Huntsman', other men press around Gunnar to gawk at his weapons and armor, and the rest resume arguing over what to do about the bandits.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Filbert-
Roald's racket and the subsequent laughter startle Filbert, and he hears nothing from beyond the interior door.

He pushes the door, peeking through before creeping down the unlit hallway on the other side.

Another door stands ajar at the end of the short hallway. Beyond the door, Filbert picks out some details: a low bed, the rounded curved or what might be a brass basin or pot, and the corner of a chest or crate shoved near the doorway on the inside of that room.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Devlin, Dining Hall of Ducal Palace-

Devlin parries every incoming attack, a feat made harder by the clown's total lack of hestitation or fear. This thing does not fight like a living man who wishes to go on living.

The noble catches a fast thrust of the clown's stiletto and twists hard with his main gauche. Sparks fly and the assassin's thin blade snaps in half.
He slashes and thrusts at his eerily silent foe, shaving wood and cracking porcelain--but it comes on, relentless if unartful in its attacks.

Two guards arrive from the other end of the hall and attack the clown, but it sweeps past them as it lunges for Devlin's throat with its long-fingered hands.

RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

The Huntsman claps loudly to gather everyone's attention on him, once he does he speaks. "You will defend the Auld Oak! Any enemy that makes it past me, Cormac, or the big fellow, you will surround them and take them down. It is time these bandits learn that men of Elvesnemeire will not stand idly by while their farms are being razed, their families being killed, their wives and daughters being ravaged and sold into slavery! Tonight men of Elvesnemeire you will join your legendary hero in glorious battle against those who have done you a great injustice!" He says. "When the battle is won, stories will be told of this night and will continued to be told long after you are gone, your children's children will tell the tale of how his father's father stood tall against bandit and goblin alike!" He tells them.

The Huntsman falls silent letting his words seek in, he watches all the men judging their reactions.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

--The Palace--

"The Toymaker, Sir?" He arched an eyebrow, then nodded. "One of your servants said the toy cabinet had been broken. I doubt it's coincidence."

The Captain blinked when the new DUke puts him in command of the coronation and seeing to the doubling of his guard. Hotspur might not take kindly to that infringement on the old elf's power.

He suppressed a smile.

"You honor me, Your Grace. I will see to it immediately." A low bow. "I will head for the Cathedral now to begin preparations. And Your Grace, when the men return from the Toymaker, might I speak with them?"

Another bow, then he leaves to secure to Coronation site. On his way out, he searches for a courier to send word that Sergeant Gilly should gather the squad and meet him at the Cathedral.

As he walks, he begins thinking of choices for the Duke's bodyguard. The logical choice, of course, would be himself. But courtly matters so rarely depended on who would be best for the realm. But then he reconsiders. Heliked the new Duke well enough, but would he die for him? Tough to become top of the heap when you're a corpse.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Cormac hustles out from the privy, hastily stitching up his trousers. "Frackin' bad timin'," he mutters as he snatches up bow and arrow.

"Oy, 'untsman. What's this abou' enemies comin'?"

He hustles to the door.

"Surely they aren't stupid enough to attack an armed village?"
"Of course," Benn mutters, "It would be a damned shame if we ever knew what the hell was actually going on."
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Since he cannot see Baubb at the room Filbert goes towards the chest and searches it before open it.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!