Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Josephina.... Josephina Lerbin."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Well, Miss Lerbin, I am Cornelius Ordman. Now that introductions have been made, would you like to tell me why you and these others-

[he gestures towards the slain werewolves]

attacked my party?''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Looking fearfully at Tarlyn then back to Cornelius, she swallowed. "Someone asked us to. We thought it would be easy to defeat and devour you! How she was wrong. Such is the way of the clan sometimes."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

'' Who exactly was it that sent you, Josephina?
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

She seemd to mull over the question. Then she spoke again,"Have you not ever been to Kartakass? And heard of Mother Fury? Pah!!! Puny you are compared to her and the clan!" she spit out.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Alright. How will Mother Fury feel about you and your friends failing to kill us? Not happy, I'd imagine.''

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn speaks up at the mention of Mother Fury. "I know not of this Mother Fury in Kartakass, but have heard of a famous bard , a Mr Lukas I believe. She can't be that famous or powerful if I didn't hear her name mentioned when I was there."
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Valerian had circled around to the back of the prisoner. From behind her, the blond man's somber voice asked.

"And do you know, my daughter, why Mother Fury wishes us attacked?"
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
Freelance Writer for Paizo Publishing
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Yes I do", she answers, not offering any more.
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

"It will go easier for all if you tell us." Valerian circled around, crouching before Josephina and laying a hand on the small wound Tarlyn had made. He continued to speak in his quiet, sad voice.

"We needn't be enemies. Ezra forgives all crimes, will cleanse all sins for those that walk to her. She can cleanse evil from your soul as easily as I cleanse wounds from your body." As Valerian spoke, the cuts and bruises the werewolf had sustained began to close.

"Please Josephina, tell us."

OOC: Searing Light converted to Cure Serious Wounds, 15 points of damage healed.

Diplomacy Check: 17+10=27
Ravenloft GM: Eye of Anubis, Shattered City, and Prof. Lupescu's Traveling Ghost Show
Lead Writer & Editor: VRS Files: Doppelgangers; Contributor: QtR #20, #21, #22, #23, #24
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

''Josephina, I'd like to know why Mother Fury wants us dead. Why don't you tell me? ''

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Tarlyn looked to Valerian and said with a pout, "You are such a party pooper! I was starting to have fun!"

Josephina looks shocked as the Warden heals her. "Well I don't know why I am telling you this already. Promise me you won't tell her I told you these things and that you won't kill me. We have a deal then."
NeoTiamat
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by NeoTiamat »

Valerian took out his holy symbol from the folds of his cassock and held it in both hands.

"I pledge by my faith in Our Lady in the Mists, and in the Grand Scheme, that no harm will come to you in my watch. May Ezra cast me out if I lie."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Appearing to think it over, she seemed troubled. Looking up at Valerian she spoke in a whisper. "Mother Fury wants you dead becasue you come after Percival who is one of our own now. She has the items you come searching for."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Cornelius looks pleased that the woman is talking. He wlaks back to his pack and retrieves his waterskin.

''Want a drink, Josephina?''

[OOC I assume we will keep this all here, rather than moving to a chatroom.]