Page 21 of 186
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:12 pm
by ewancummins
Okay, start time will be sometime next month, if everyone is ready.
Who has completed a character sheet?
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:41 pm
by Zilfer
Pretty sure mine is done since I sent it to you.

Again let me know if I'm missing anything jarring since this is my first 2e character.
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:47 pm
by steveflam
ewancummins wrote:Okay, start time will be sometime next month, if everyone is ready.
Who has completed a character sheet?
You gots mine, oh EVULZ MAZZZTER
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:28 pm
by ewancummins
Were the sheets sent by Pm or email?
My PM box is pretty much empty. Baby hands attacked while I was marking messages.
EDIT: I see the Alhoon link. RAR file is no good on this IPAD. I cannot read it.
But what I saw last from everybody looked good. All PCs are approved, pending perhaps minor adjustments. I don't foresee the need to later anything. This is a fairly stripped down (NWPs being the only big optional rule in play) version of the game we will use. There isn't much for me to check.
Unless one of you has changed his mind, we are looking at seven level 1 PCs.
ALFONSE
Human Wizard played by Adam
TOM LARUE
Half-Elf Fighter/Thief played by Van
DAMIEN
Human Thief played by Zilfer
GERTIE LARUE
Human Thief played by Tarlyn
FILDERBROOK
Gnome Fighter played by Alhoon
SPEAKER TITUS VALERIO
Human Cleric played by Varrus the Ethical
Gnome Illousionist/Thief played by JMatyr
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:46 pm
by ewancummins
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:01 pm
by alhoon
Ewan, I attached mine on txt in this thread. Did you get it or I should send it again?
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:03 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:Ewan, I attached mine on txt in this thread. Did you get it or I should send it again?
Send it again in txt, please.
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:44 pm
by steveflam
alhoon is the one with student debt
Just sayin its gotta be him LOL
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:54 pm
by ewancummins
Gertie link received.
I've saved it to my new campaign folder.
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:58 am
by VAN
I need couple days to add the fighter level to Tom, need to read the PhB again.
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:25 pm
by Adam
steveflam wrote:alhoon is the one with student debt
Just sayin its gotta be him LOL
Oh, Adam has plenty, too.
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:49 pm
by steveflam
Am I the only pc who didnt spend all the gold we got?
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:57 pm
by Zilfer
^Probably. XD
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=698467
If you still needed the link.
Edit: -I only have 20 GP of the starting gold.
Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:41 pm
by VAN
[dice]0[/dice]x10=130 gp now we are talking

Re: P N Elrod
Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:50 pm
by ewancummins
SILVER STANDARD
AFTER YOU HAVE SPENT YOUR MONEY, drop all coins left over by one denominational place as follows:
Gold becomes silver
Silver becomes copper.
Copper becomes fractional value (1/10) of copper pieces, possibly clipped, debased , or hacked apart coins. Or foreign money of little and uncertain value.
What does this mean? Are your PCs poorer?
No. Your PCs are not poorer. Precious metals are simply worth more per unit of weight than they are in the hyper inflationary D&D fantasyland default.
All actual costs in play will be similarly adjusted, with the PHB lists used as starting points and guides. Naturally, local prices of things will vary. But you can expect that a silver piece in this setting will purchase what a gold piece would in a "rule book standard" setting.
The practical effect will be that a coffer full of gold coins is a small fortune.
I don't really think the logistics of using mule trains to empty a dungeon are something I want to mess with too much in online play.

Which is not to say bulky or fragile treasure items won't appear in play.
An example: Instead of costing two gold pieces, a dagger might cost a couple of silver coins.
A workman paid one silver piece a day in the standard price lists would instead be paid a one silver coin for ten days' work.
Note that many small transactions are done with barter, payment in kind, local petty currency, etc.
Rich people may deal in gold for major purchases.
General commerce relies much more on silver.
A peasant very likely never holds a gold coin in his whole life.
Letters of credit are a thing.