An Unexpected Return: Chapter One

Online roleplaying at the Café
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Robert is taken aback by Jebediah's reaction and quite resents the priest's tone. He takes the hand to his sword, and is going to retorn when something tells him it is best not to be too hot-minded.

After he calms down a bit he says in a dry tone, leaning against a wall with arms folded over his chest.

"There's something in your logic that baffles me, though. Why wait for the time the vampire will be active to come asking us for information? If I were in a hurry and knew where to go, I wouldn't lose a whole day waiting for the sun to set down. I begin to see no advantage in our telling you anything, quite to the contrary in fact.

You come here threatening us, demanding that we give you information, claim that as sort of our duty to some divine faith I've never heard about, and offer nothing in return. Now, really, why should we help you?"
Zumba d'Oxossi (A Stitch in Souragne)
Brother Eustace (The Devil's Dreams)
Robert de Moureaux (A New Barovia)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Jebediah's eyes narrow when Roberts hand moves, then his demeanor slightly changes. "I have come here to ask for help and never did I threaten you. As for the Vampire you know little or nothing about them, so keep your comments to yourself, whelp. I leave now."

Before even anyone can act, Jebediah is out of the kitchen and out the house. None of you have ever seen a person move so fast. Strapped to his back was a quarterstaff.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

"I liked him." Thomas says sarcastically. "Perhaps next week we could arrange a pleasant tea." The young man stands up and walks towards the door, looking into the coming evening for any signs of where the man ran off too.

Track Check in the OCC section

"On the whole, whether we like him or not, he was telling the truth. He came here seeking our help. I intend to follow him and lend whatever aid I can. Especially if he seeks to rid this community of it's vampire. Anyone who wishes to follow me is more than welcome to do so. But please, leave the diplomacy to me." With that, Thomas grabs his gear and heads out the door to look for Jedediah.
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Josem nods giving the bulk of the food left to Rizzen and thanking him in Draconic hops from the stool. "I apologize if I seemed unreasonable, though the man was quite impatient. Still I think if we follow him it could be beneficial to all involved. Perhaps we will develop some level of trust that was missing from this meeting."

He prepares to leave and for battle as mention of the so called vampire brings it to mind...
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

"I suppose we could help with the vampire, there may even be a chance that would could get paid for our efforts"
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Varrus the Ethical wrote:"I suppose we could help with the vampire, there may even be a chance that would could get paid for our efforts"
Thomas pipes up as he is heading out the door, "Oh, and the whole not getting eaten by a vampire thing is pretty beneficial."
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Marilee has been preparing a report of the incident in the graveyard, but by the time she is ready to deliver it, he's gone. She shoots Robert a rather nasty glare, and heads rapidly after the priest

"Hey wait! I want to help!"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Marilee's words go unanswered. The previous visitor long gone. When those of you who exit the building look around, the sun has already set, lamplights lit. Jebediah is nowhere to be seen and a few citizens walk the street.
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Robert sits behind as some of his mates leave the house hastedly. He looks at the roof beams and enters into a monologue, considering his rash action

"Well, old boy, guess you have to learn how to hold your temper a bit."

He plays absent-mindedly with a knife, throwing it at the floor between his feet, a bit despondent.

As he looked outside, he considered going after his mates, but then thought better not to.

"I didn't like the guy anyway, and if he does not want to help us or say that in a way I can trust, then I'm afraid I'd rather have no help. I've been betrayed enough already! Better alone than in bad compan, my old folk always said..."

Looking outside at the shadows, he added to himself

"Plus, it's night now!"
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Marilee returns looking annoyed.

"Well, that's some potential help gone west. Oh well, at least we have something to go on now. The killer has access to records of travelers, or at the very least is very well informed in tht area, and is probably one of the smaller races. There can't be that many that fit!"
BigBadQDaddy
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by BigBadQDaddy »

Thomas looks skyward, surveying the surrounding roof tops and skyline for any signs of a flier. He doesn't like it one bit but one of the more logical theories to explain this Jebidiah characters amazingly quick disappearance, along with any trace of footprints or tracks, is that he is capable of such a feat. Any spell cast would have no doubt been easy to hear, unless he was possible one of those rare adepts who could cast spells in silence.

He looked back briefly at the house and in a clear tone announced his intentions to check out the graveyard once more, again leaving the invitation open for any who wished to join him. That was the one place this Jebidiah fellow and his party had in common after all.
kintire
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by kintire »

Marilee sighs

"I suppose so... the Vampire is a bit of a sidetrack from our main mission really. Still, I guess its getting late."

She suddenly looks more enthusiastic as a thought occurs to her

"There might be more zombies!"
Ail
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Ail »

Robert decides to accompany Thomas, but without assuming his guilt in the Jebediah's affair.

"If you're going that way, you may need the help of a fighting hand."
A G Thing
Evil Genius
Evil Genius
Location: Currently the Frozen Wastes of Mount Pleasant Michigan

Post by A G Thing »

Josem ready from before simply falls back into place by the others side after a quick sidetrack, of going to the table and collecting all the documentation from it in order to take it with him, and also speaking with Rizzen as well.

"I am afraid Master Dragon Rizzen that I must get back to some pressing and dangerous business for the moment. I am sure you are welcome to stay or leave as you wish and I hope sincerely to be in your presence once again! I do have a quick question before I do leave however. Did you recognize that man or notice anything odd about him?"

Smiling at what ever response he receives from Rizzen he bows and thanks him very respectfully.

"May golden fortune, and a full belly find you often, until we do see each other again Master Dragon Rizzen!"

Josem then steps up to join the others as they prepare to depart.

"It is a shame that we could not catch up with the gentleman Jebediah, but also odd that we could not track him either. From Thomas skyward glances I think he was expecting our foe to have flown off. Still flight is quite strong magic, if that is what he used and I don't doubt there were other methods available to him. I am also glad that we are all to go together this time, for I still don't trust any single person outside of us, and that whole scene was odd. While we are headed for the cemetery I realize there is one question I must ask... Did you look for tracks from where sir Jebediah came from sir Thomas? Perhaps he did not hide his arrival as much as his departure from our lodgings?"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Rizzen looks at Josem, face expressionless. I do not notice anything magical or otherwise evil about him, Master Josem. Be careful at the cemetery with your friends and come back safely. Who else will feed me and talk to me with such interest otherwise! I shall be here when you return. If you do find some gold, bring me some. I like shiny gems too.

Rizzen's mind reaches out to Marilee Be very careful what you wish for, young lady. There are worse things than Zombies to be found in cemeteries.

Outside, Thomas notices nothing out of the ordinary skywards. He realizes that it would have been difficult at best to track someone in a city street that is well traveled. Once everyone is outside, you proceed to the cemetery once more. After thirty minutes you arrive at the gates, which should be closed but are open. Well, open would be a nice term. One door is bent in half, the other is on the ground. It appears to have been ripped off its hinges.

From inside the cemetery you hear the distinct sounds of battle and what appears to be growling or something akin to that.