Page 4 of 186

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:29 am
by steveflam
ewancummins wrote:
tarlyn wrote:I'm a flip through the Complete Thief's Handbook. A pickpocket type kit might interest me, if you allow it, ewan. Don't know all the kits in there ;)
Cutpurse might interest you.

The hindrance is a bit hazy and the benefit is a bit strong, but that can be finessed.
The kit represents pickpockets, shop lifters/ filchers, and the like.

I think it could be a " hooker" , too. Not a harlot, but the thief who reaches through windows with a hooked pole and steals stuff.
That was a real historical specialization in England at one time. And the poles are in the Complete a Thief's Handbook.

So are little razors for slicing pockets and purses. Fun.


You might also check out the sleight of hand NWP from Dragon magazine. It grants a bonus to pick pockets for conjuring tricks and holdout.





Le Burglar oui oui.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:01 am
by VAN
Tarlyn since we will both play thieves our PC can be siblings if you want.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:17 am
by steveflam
Sure thing, Van!


My pc is 17 yrs old, young woman. Gertie Larue is her name we can change the family name if you like.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:22 am
by steveflam
Image

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:45 am
by VAN
Name is fine I need to find one for mine. He can ne 18 big brother :D

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:48 am
by steveflam
VAN wrote:Name is fine I need to find one for mine. He can ne 18 big brother :D

Sure

She is a cat burglar,, and carries a whip.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:09 pm
by Adam
What I have so far. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=697038

I really am fine with whatever you want to give me, within reason. Something he can use to defend himself, some stuff for day to day use. I always like Prestedigitation. And, of course, you need to have detect and read magic to know how to do the job.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:06 pm
by alhoon
Is there space left? I've read I, Strahd but haven't played any PN Elrod adventure. Not even AWARE she had written adventures

VAN: Normal is 8-10. In most abilities (not charisma), 8 won't give a penalty. You could go for a wizard. Ability scores do not influence the saving throw of enemies. A 15 intelligence is quite good for a wizard.

Set 1:
[dice]0[/dice]
[dice]1[/dice]
[dice]2[/dice]
[dice]3[/dice]
[dice]4[/dice]
[dice]5[/dice]

Set 2:
[dice]6[/dice]
[dice]7[/dice]
[dice]8[/dice]
[dice]9[/dice]
[dice]10[/dice]
[dice]11[/dice]

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:25 pm
by alhoon
OK, so character 1 is unplayble from me. I won't find enjoyable in a forum game, or any game except diablo games, someone with 4 charisma.
Character 2 is unplayable too (sum of modifiers below 0)

Set 2 it is also practically unplayable as sum of modifiers is negative:
Str: 11
dex: 14
con: 6
int: 11
wis: 7
cha: 6

At least, this one knows how to read and write although bravery, common sense, deception and diplomacy are not in the vocabulary. And he would die from catching a cold.


Ewan, can I get a set from you?

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:03 pm
by ewancummins
Note on proficiencies and languages:

I am treating languages according the NWP rules.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:10 pm
by steveflam

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:29 pm
by ewancummins
I played a feral vagabond with a 4 INT in Raf's online game, just recently.


4

He could barely speak Common.
:azalin:

I am glad to see that everyone is willing to try out the bell curve of 3D6 and the in order roll assignment. I know most of you are not used to this sort of truly randomized, old school stuff. Perhaps some of you have never played this way before.

But I also understand that some of you have reservations about low scores coming up in combination with the in order assignment.

So, I've decided to make a small allowance that I think is reasonable, and that does not involve me rolling more sets for people or otherwise fiddling with stuff.

I will allow everyone to replace any one score with an 11. Indeed, please do so unless you would prefer not to.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:44 pm
by ewancummins
ewancummins wrote:Starting thief funds

[dice]218245:0[/dice]
Times ten

120
Maxed out!
Tarlyn, you are playing a thief. This roll was intended for you.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:49 pm
by ewancummins
Varrus has asked to join.

Tarlyn
Adam
Van
Alhoon
Varrus

That leaves one opening.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:08 pm
by steveflam
ewancummins wrote:
ewancummins wrote:Starting thief funds

[dice]218245:0[/dice]
Times ten

120
Maxed out!
Tarlyn, you are playing a thief. This roll was intended for you.
Awright I won the lottery!

Okay, I'll fill out my equipment with that. Looks kinda prominsing for my shopping list :)