Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain asks Charlotte "So what are you serving us for this fine party?"
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Servants enter the nearby dining room and prepae the table for dinner.

A pretty brunette girl in a plain blue dress enters the parlor. [Benn and Norzak will recognize her as Charlotte.] She announces-

''Dinner is served. Monsieur Sancerre will be here momentarily. He requests that you all be seated, Miss Evie.''

Charlotte smiles warmly when she spots Benn.

"Ay Charlotte missy, good ta see ya on yer feet, lass. Grub time huh? Show me the way puh-lease!"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The Sancerre's dining hall is fairly large, hung with tapestries in spots along the painted plaster walls, and ventilated by windows on the east side that open out onto the garden- still fragrant with late-summer blooms.

The broad oak table could comfortably seat a party half again as large as tonight's assembly. Tall, straight backed chairs of fine craftmanship are drawn up all round it. Atop the table are seven covered silver platters, plates and silverware for each of you, and tall wine goblets.

A serving-man stands nearby with a small wheeled cart that contains several bottles of wine and other drinks.
Last edited by ewancummins on Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:Alain asks Charlotte "So what are you serving us for this fine party?"

''Ah, there will be roast pig, stuffed cabbage, onion soup, greens from the garden, and glazed pears for dessert. All this with bread and the other usual things, naturally''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alains turns to the serving man "So my good man do have good brandy on that cart your serving from?"
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Lord Skybolt wrote:Alains turns to the serving man "So my good man do have good brandy on that cart your serving from?"

''Yes, of course, m'sieur. We have an excellent brandy from Borca. Shall I pour some for you to try?''

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Yes, just a finger for sampling , And then some wine for the meal."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

The servant prompty complies with Alain's wishes.

Both the brandy and the wine are excellent.

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"Ahhaa such an excellent flavor, this is from Borca you say. Well I shall endevor to aquire some for my self in the future." Thinking to himself :Yes good brandy is hard find where I've been traveling recently.
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

Dorgio nods in response to Norzak's ribbing. "The van Zarovich dynasty, not the most popular folk in your land either, eh?"

He smiles at Evie's apology. "None needed," he responds. "It gives too much credit to Strahd to call him a true devil. But the rumors, they say he dabbles in black crafts, as his ancestors have for centuries."

Upon entering the dining hall, Dorgio nods appreciatively at the wine selection. He takes a glass of whatever wine is darkest and has a seat.

In the back of his mind, he can still taste the bile of the choking fog.
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Bennedict observes the proceedings silently, almost subconsciouly making a note to look into Furyondy and demon worshippers later. Upon seeing Charlotte enter the room, he smiles in return, straightening his jacket and harrumphing uncomfortably.

All the while, his mind churns over Norzak's suggestion. I had hoped not to have to go to those sorts of lengths simply to acquire some information. We've only just gotten out of trouble with the local law, and I'm in no rush to get back into it so suddenly. But whatever must be done will be done. Pierre could return at any moment.

Following the others into the dining hall, he smiles and nods in thanks to Charlotte for showing them to their seat. Looking around at the assemblage, he turns to Evie. "Frauleine Evangeline, will your father be joining us this evening? I have a matter I wish to discuss with him."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Evangeline answers-

''Oh yes, Father ought to be here any minute. He's been very busy these last few days. I'm not certain exactly what he's been doing, although he did mention something about business with some Falkovnian merchants. ''

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"Falkovnians?" Bennedict says, quirking an eyebrow. "I would have thought he'd had enough of dangerous, uncouth brutes given recent events."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Adam wrote:"Falkovnians?" Bennedict says, quirking an eyebrow. "I would have thought he'd had enough of dangerous, uncouth brutes given recent events."
''Father always says- 'Business is business, we stay out of politics!'''

Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

"I suppose so." Benn harrumphs and takes a sip of wine. "I do not mean any offense. I merely take offense to regimes that censor knowledge from their people."