The Fall of House Pancrazio Chapter 4

Online roleplaying at the Café
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

"Come Julian, we had better find out what he requires further of us. My father will be busier than ever later, it is best we find out now." Goran dismounts his steed and hands the reigns to his young cousin. "Here you are Sebastien, just hold it until we get back. Thank you."
The Fall of House Pancrazio
Goran Pancrazio - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=165152
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Petrie MacLugash - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.p ... tid=339286
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Varrus the Ethical »

Sebastian's eyes fix on the reigns in his had, then follow them up to the not quite tame horse.

"Uh...well, if I must. But Goran, if this beast eats me, know that I will not be putting in a good word with Ezra for you."
"Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it."

George R.R. Martin.
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian dismounts and leaves his horse right there. Knowing that is a trained warhorse he doesn't have to worry about it running off.

He walks back into the Manor, following Goran.

"I hope we can make this swift as possible. The sooner we can leave the sooner we can get back."
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

As the ranger enters the back of the manor he turns to allow his cousin to follow behind him. "We shall speed this along then," he says to Julian, then bellows through the seemingly empty house, "FATHER!"
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

INSIDE HOUSE PANCRAZIO-

Goran and Julian find roderigo at the top of the stairs leading to the second floor. It appears that the man has just finished talking to Tuke, who wanders away with a slight limp.

"Ah there you boys are. I am told you plan to finish scouting those tunnels. Good. Though I must stress that if you feel that the task is one that will take longer than a few hours, to do what you can to just seal the tunnels off. Lord dilisnya will be here this evening and I have word that Saverio may be here tonight as well. Goran, a word in private?"

Roderigo turns and walks toward the second floor office without waiting for a response from the pair.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Tristan dismounts and walks his horse towards the big house. He remains within sight and hearing of the others in his party, of course. Stopping to casually peer through an open window, he speaks to his horse while waiting.

''Well old girl, we're delayed. I don't expect you'll object to a few minutes' more rest. ''

Idly, he rubs the side of the mare's neck. The animal wuffles gently, a contented sound.

Fishing around in his pockets, he comes up with a crumbly wedge of cornbread. He feeds it to the mare.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran watches his father disappear upstairs. Without turning to face Julian, Goran asserts himself, "Julian, ensure that everyone is ready at the front of the manor. I will meet you all there. I hope if this is a remanding, it does not drag on."

The woodsman follows his father up the stairs. His blood feels as though it is warming. Moments later he finds himself hesitant as his hand slowly turns the latch and the door to the office begins to open.
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
Rock of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Rock of the Fraternity »

In the meantime, Harold uses the opportunity to check on Miss Phebe before rejoining the others.
RocEter
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by RocEter »

Julian nods to his cousin and proceeds out the front door returning to his mount. Looking to the rest of the party "Seems we will be delayed for a while longer. My Uncle wishes to have to words with his son, feel free to dismount and relax a little but stay within the front of the Manor. That way when Goran returns we can make haste."

Julian double checks the straps for the barding and saddles to occupy time while he waits for Goran to return.
History prefers legends to men. It prefers nobility to brutality, soaring speeches to quiet deeds. History remembers the battle and forgets the blood. What ever history remembers of me if it remembers me at all, it shall only be the fraction of the truth.
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Still standing by the stable holding Goran's horse, afraid to make any sudden movements lest he unsettle the animal. Sebastian glances over at Tristan.

"Tristan, I know as much about horses as I do about basket weaving, which is to say nothing useful. I don't suppose you know how to keep the animal calm? I would hate for cousin Goran to come back to find I have lost his horse."

Turning back to the horse he says "Nice Horsie"

George R.R. Martin.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

'' If that's a warhorse, well, he might crush your skull if he decides you and he aren't friends. You could try feeding him a treat- lump of sugar or an apple, something like that.''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
Varrus the Ethical
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

"Can't say I brought any horse treats. Though I will say that I prefer my skull the way it is. Oh well, hopefully the others will get here before this animal gets any ideas."

George R.R. Martin.
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

UPSTAIRS-

Roderigo walks into the study on the second floor, the same room Luisa had used for years. After Goran is inside he makes sure the door is closed and steps closer to his son. Roderigo is obviously under immense
stress.

"We need to get our hands on whatever treasure might be down there-before Saverio gets here. I need to make my play for this house permanant and this dinner is my chance. I need nothing to fail. Your sister has been making the right friends among the other nobles and now I need to get my hands on Mothers hidden treasure. keep an eye out and make sure you claim it before that self righteous cousin of yours.

"I know that Saverio is comming here to asert his claim for the house. Your grandmother was able some how to push him out of the way before I was born-now I fear he will do the same to us. Nobility is fickle here in Borca. I will not let the family end up paupers on the street because of some long forgotten slight to an ancient ghoul such as he."
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

Goran stares into his father's eyes; His own squint upon hearing that his sister is doing her best to win over allies for the family. When his father is finished he quells the urge to argue about his sister. "I understand father, I fear that today is the day that everything must go as planned, and to hope that all plans taken are the right ones." He pauses, breathes calmly, "Everyone else will understand as well, they'll have to. If we need further assistance later, I may have some sway with the Boritsi family, I have worked for them for years as a hunting guide. I think it necessary only as a last resort, as their price would no doubt be hefty"

He turns from his father to head out the door. With his paw gripping the handle like a mighty bear, he speaks again without looking away from the door, "I think you should know in case you do not already, Magenta has been cavorting with Lord Enzo. He is not an ally I will ever answer to." He gives a strong exhalation as though he had been holding those words in. He does not wait for Roderigo's reply, the ranger turns the handle, exits and shuts the door behind him.

He cannot help but think that even if something devastating came down on this family, something strong enough to uproot it and starve it out, that it would not matter to him much. He would always do as his father instructs to help the family, but his absense over the years has changed his priorities.
Ghosts of Gauntcliff
PathOfDreams
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by PathOfDreams »

The ranger exits the manor out the main entrance. He approaches the others, taking the reigns from Sebastien, "Thank you little cousin, this new steed is proving to be made of the right stock, I trust he was well behaved?"

Goran mounts the horse without a name and clears his throat, "Everyone listen up, "Julian you are to continue tactical command of our expedition, regarding both the crypt and the tunnels, understand however that I will have no choice but to usurp that command if I feel your interests are not in line with the family. Furthermore, I must be clear that every shred of material to be exhumed from the grave or the tunnels belongs to the family and therefore must pass through the hands of its master, my father."

"With that understood, I want you all to know, friend or blood, you have all performed your duties with the utmost respect for the Pancrazio name. It speaks volumes to your dedication and does not go unnoticed. Thank you."

"Now lets be gone lest we waste time we do not have."

The woodsman kicks his steed with the heel of his tall boot, his long black dreads fly out behind him, loose and untied.
Ghosts of Gauntcliff