Mists Over the Musarde, Interlude 1

Online roleplaying at the Café
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

[mods please delete]
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Denys Sancerre, portly and florid as ever, comes walking in from the hall.

''Hello everyone, I'm so happy to see you all here!''
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Your host seats himself and motions for the servants to uncover the meal.

''Shall we begin, then? I'm famished! ''

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Food is passed around, and wine flows as freely as you'd care. Denys raises his voice to propose a toast, wine goblet in hand-

''May fortunate days attend us all this season, my good friends!''
Last edited by ewancummins on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

"Fortune, bah! Whut about our lil business we got, me 'n' tha men!" Norzak drinks his ale rather quickly. "We helpd ye, thass for sure. 'N' Now ye toast yer success but we're responsible! Hey toast yer success to us and our new endeavour!"

Norzak is rather offset about the situation right now and speaks 'is mind in front of everyone!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Denys seems a bit taken aback by Norzak's outburst.

''Well, I...wait- new endeavor? What's this?

Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

Alain listens intendly to what the other guests have to say about this new endeavor they speak of.
Adam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Adam »

Benn's face flushes beet red, and he harrumphs and smiles apologetically. "Herr Sancerre, I had hoped to have a chance to discuss this with you in private first, but it appears Herr Norzak has forced my hand on the matter. It concerns the artifacts you recovered from the walls of one of your buildings, particularly the mirror. I've had some success in tracing a possible origin for it, and I'm investigating the possibility of tracking it down to its source. However, I'm sure it can wait until after dinner, if you would prefer. I do not wish to bore our current company," he turns and looks at Alain at this, " with Academic matters."
Brock Marsh Runoff
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Brock Marsh Runoff »

He cocks an eyebrow at the mention of the artifacts--the first he's heard of such things. He reasons they must have something to do with the demon Benn had spoke of before.

"I cannot speak for Alain, but I'd like to hear more about this mirror."
"You said I killed you--haunt me, then!...Be with me always--take any form--drive me mad! only do not leave me in this abyss, where I cannot find you!” -Wuthering Heights
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

"I would not want to intrude on a private matter if you wish to discuss this later after our repast . It is find with me."
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Norzak just eats and drinks, paying attention to the conversation, but saying nothing. He just wanted to get the ball rolling, and since that was done, he concentrated on his two favorite things. Eating and drinking. Unless of course a child was about, then the child was first on his list. He does stop eating long enough to mention to Evie "Lil missy, I fergot ta tell ye that lil Anja really likes that bakery ye done brung me to. An tha owner hisself looks forward ta her visits and always gives a lil sommeat extra 'n' speshul. I bin meanin' ta ask ye, I wanna buy her a nice gift, but me ideas might not be as good as yers. Think we could go shoppin, or somethin?"
Last edited by steveflam on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Evangeline makes a surprised face and exclaims-

''Oh! Is it the mirror you showed Benn a few weeks past? I was speaking with Cirdan when Benn examined it, so perhaps I am misremembering, but didn't he say it was enchanted? ''

ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

tarlyn wrote:Norzak just eats and drinks, paying attention to the conversation, but saying nothing. He just wanted to get the ball rolling, and since that was done, he concentrated on his two favorite things. Eating and drinking. Unless of course a child was about, then the child was first on his list. He does stop eating long enough to mention to Evie "Lil missy, I fergot ta tell ye that lil Anja really likes that bakery ye done brung me to. An tha owner hisself looks forward ta her visits and always gives a lil sommeat extra 'n' speshul. I bin meanin' ta ask ye, I wanna buy her a nice gift, but me ideas might not be as good as yers. Think we could go shoppin, or somethin?"

Momentarily distracted from the subject of the magical mirror by talk of shopping, Evangeline replies-

''Oh, why yes, of course we can go shopping together! Anja is such a little darling! ''
Last edited by ewancummins on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

ewancummins wrote:Evangeline makes a surprised face and exclaims-

''Oh! Is it the mirror you showed Benn a few weeks past? I was speaking with Cirdan when Benn examined it, so perhaps I am misremembering, but didn't he say it was enchanted? ''
Norzak says nothing but instead looks at the gathered guests and gauges their reactions to Evie's little outburst.

Sense Motive on as many people as is possible, meaning I want to see who seems very interested in the conversation now. ewan you can do the rolls.
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

Denys Sancerre goes a bit redder in the face than usual and coughs into his napkin.

''Hummmph! Pardon me.''

He hastily drains a goblet of wine and says-

''Euh...yes, Evie, something like that.''