Page 6 of 186

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:25 pm
by ewancummins
Oh, or did you not do the in order rolls?
(addressed to Varrus)

I realize that is new for some of you guys.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:29 pm
by Zilfer
Yeah it was new but I caught on. Trying to find some 2e for character creation. I'll go human thief. Need to figure out the %'s here soon. No kit!

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:31 pm
by Varrus the Ethical
Right, in order of rolls, sorry about that.

STR: 15
DEX: 13
Con: 16
INT: 11
Wis: 14
Cha: 9-> 11

So, either a fighter or a cleric is what I'm seeing.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:33 pm
by ewancummins
Varrus the Ethical wrote:Right, in order of rolls, sorry about that.

STR: 15
DEX: 13
Con: 16
INT: 11
Wis: 14
Cha: 9-> 11

So, either a fighter or a cleric is what I'm seeing.
Not quite as strong, but he does get a hit point boost for that CON score.

And, yeah, fighter or cleric. Either one could work well.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:39 pm
by Varrus the Ethical
Hrmm. I guess I'll go cleric, unless the party is severely meat-shield deficient.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:42 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:Is there space left? I've read I, Strahd but haven't played any PN Elrod adventure. Not even AWARE she had written adventures

VAN: Normal is 8-10. In most abilities (not charisma), 8 won't give a penalty. You could go for a wizard. Ability scores do not influence the saving throw of enemies. A 15 intelligence is quite good for a wizard.

Set 1:
[dice]218263:0[/dice]
[dice]218263:1[/dice]
[dice]218263:2[/dice]
[dice]218263:3[/dice]
[dice]218263:4[/dice]
[dice]218263:5[/dice]

Set 2:
[dice]218263:6[/dice]
[dice]218263:7[/dice]
[dice]218263:8[/dice]
[dice]218263:9[/dice]
[dice]218263:10[/dice]
[dice]218263:11[/dice]
Set #1 for Alhoon could make a good fighter, if he's interested.

The swap one score for an 11 rule should address his concern about playing a guy with 4 CHR.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:44 pm
by Varrus the Ethical
I'll wait for other players to make their decisions, then. I can make an interesting character out of either class.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:45 pm
by ewancummins
But as an alternative, you can 'donate' your second set to Alhoon, Varrus.

Roll it up.

Then we can call a close to all this rolling and fiddling with scores.

:gabrielle:

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:48 pm
by Varrus the Ethical
Rolling second set, with the addemdem that if it's better than the first, I'm taking it.

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

[dice]2[/dice]

[dice]3[/dice]

[dice]4[/dice]

[dice]5[/dice]

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:49 pm
by Varrus the Ethical
Ouch, that second set couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper bag.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:51 pm
by alhoon
ewancummins wrote:I will allow everyone to replace any one score with an 11. Indeed, please do so unless you would prefer not to.
Oh, thanks. Now we can all breathe again. :)
As a note, I've been playing D&D for about 30 years and I've never used the "Straight" 3d6.
ewancummins wrote:Set 1:
[dice]218263:0[/dice]
[dice]218263:1[/dice]
[dice]218263:2[/dice]
[dice]218263:3[/dice]
[dice]218263:4[/dice]
[dice]218263:5[/dice]
Set #1 for Alhoon could make a good fighter, if he's interested.

The swap one score for an 11 rule should address his concern about playing a guy with 4 CHR.
Alhoon is interested. I wanted a fighter.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:53 pm
by alhoon
So it is:
Str 13
Dex 13
Con 15
Int 10
wis 11
Cha 11

A cut-above-the middle guy, trained as a warrior.

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:54 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:
ewancummins wrote:I will allow everyone to replace any one score with an 11. Indeed, please do so unless you would prefer not to.
Oh, thanks. Now we can all breathe again. :)
As a note, I've been playing D&D for about 30 years and I've never used the "Straight" 3d6.
ewancummins wrote:Set 1:
[dice]218263:0[/dice]
[dice]218263:1[/dice]
[dice]218263:2[/dice]
[dice]218263:3[/dice]
[dice]218263:4[/dice]
[dice]218263:5[/dice]
Set #1 for Alhoon could make a good fighter, if he's interested.

The swap one score for an 11 rule should address his concern about playing a guy with 4 CHR.
Alhoon is interested. I wanted a fighter.
Cool beans.

He is not a powerhouse, but he does have a high CON. Hit point boost!

Speaking of hit points, does anyone object to maximum hit points (by hit dice) at first level?

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:59 pm
by Zilfer
I don't object.... o.o'

Re: P N Elrod

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:04 pm
by Varrus the Ethical
Okay, so Cleric for me. Ewan, I'm going to need that primer on this world's religions.