lets see how I do!

[dice]0[/dice]

Stealth is +4
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Re: OOC: Death House (5e)

Post by alhoon »

Feel free to post what your characters are doing for the next 1-2 minutes of fight. No need to go "by round" as this is mainly a narrative battle. The actual soldiers will ignore those they consider refugees (Kimber, gnomes) unless they draw blood. The half-orcs and human bandits will target those they consider weak (Kimber, gnomes) first though!
Be mindful of your power-level in the descriptions please ;) ; A 1st lvl character killing 4 enemies without a scratch is a stretch. You can get wounded freely if you want. There will be a long rest before we go to the actual adventure.

The cannons will fire once more during this period; they will miss the first wagon but the ricocheting cannonballs would claim some blood. After that, the fog will neutralize the cannons that the royalists put so much effort to haul there.

A few clarifications:
- There are 3-4 royalists coming from the front of the map I posted.
- The mists aren't too thick yet, but they're getting thicker. Consider in those 1-2 mins that beyond 200' ranged attacks and perception checks are with disadvantage and things are lightly obscured. Beyond 400', everything is heavily obscured (hence the cannons won't be able to shoot again).
- There are 5-6 royalist soldiers, that are good and experienced warriors. The rest are irregulars of low threat. The majority of the surviving rebel guards are better warriors than the irregulars and worse than the soldiers. The refugees that put up a fight are very weak; 3-4 of them can barely win a half-orc bandit.
- There's a dwarf cleric in the caravan, Burdur, that I didn't have the opportunity to introduce. He hasn't try to make many acquaintances, he's 4' tall, stocky, with dark brown hair and beard. He doesn't seem to hold much respect for anything that's not dwarven.

The map is not precise! That a squad starts around where I put it, doesn't mean they will stay there. Also, there are panicked refugees running all over the place.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Van will not go to the war-mage for now he will try to help the unarmed refugees escape to the forest. He will do bullrash, attack, trip, anything to stop royalists, bandits etc to get to the unarmed.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
ewancummins
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by ewancummins »

My plans/action are posted.

If you need a to hit roll

[dice]0[/dice]

If you need a skill/ toll use roll for rigging a wagon to roll into people or setting a fire/explosion

[dice]1[/dice]
Delight is to him- a far, far upward, and inward delight- who against the proud gods and commodores of this earth, ever stands forth his own inexorable self.

-from Moby Dick (Hermann Melville)
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

alhoon can you pm me my prepared spells? I will then OOC my intentions.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

KEN: Is that "dark oath" an actual curse by an exasperated paladin with a special friend calling to dark and evil things to punish the captain for his disgusting act*, or it's just an insult?
Cause if it's actual curse... I would like to see the wording and I would require a charisma check. I play with curse rules people.

*reminder cause I don't know if you caught that in my big post: He had a pistol on him. He went for the girl first to buy time. His FIRST instinct was to grab a toddler instead of a weapon.

Ewan: The wizard is the M in the map. You've rolled a 25+ on stealth and now it's a grand melee. Gorric can sneak up to the mage if you want.
He can also make a distraction with the wagons. No gunpowder as far as I know on him or anyone else he has access to.
Choose one. PM incoming.

Vorj and Van: If you're fighting... describe how rebel & royalist fight side by side according the guidelines I gave above.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

Ray of Frost on the Mage just before bro stabbities him in the back. That should really surprise him!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Clarification: Esthenor let down the toddler after killing the royalist. He engages the 3-4 royalists that are between him and Truear. And everyone that has heard about Truear knows he wouldn't pause in order to save a girl. He's one of THOSE paramilitaries.

IF you time it right, you can all gang on Truear. He ignored Blund, didn't see Gorric and concentrates on Esthenor that can actually TAKE the damage the mage is dishing. As such Blund and Gorric can score a hit before he starts hitting back.
The three of you have a good chance to kill the mage, but he won't go down easily.

Could I see 3 d20s from Steve and 2 more from Ewan if Gorric indeed goes for the mage?
They're not hit rolls, exactly; they are saves\hit-roll\skill placeholders. To see how the budding heroes luck holds.
My DMGuild work!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

VAN wrote: Without celebrating victory Van turns to see what's Vorj situation and if the paladin needs any help.
Heh... sis, Van needs the help.
My DMGuild work!
steveflam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by steveflam »

[dice]0[/dice]

Bhunder's rolls
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Yeah I know lol :D
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

steveflam wrote:[dice]220027:0[/dice]

Bhunder's rolls
You do generally quite good... and fail spectacularly at some point.
My DMGuild work!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Throw 3 d20s Van.

And another clarification: The soldiers fight rebels. The mercenaries fight everyone, preferring easy targets. And a couple of looters from the caravan that take advantage of the situation to get some quick cash. There are rebels fighting the mercenaries and soldiers; it's not just you guys fighting the mercs.
Last edited by alhoon on Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DMGuild work!
Ken of Ghastria
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by Ken of Ghastria »

alhoon wrote:KEN: Is that "dark oath" an actual curse by an exasperated paladin with a special friend calling to dark and evil things to punish the captain for his disgusting act*, or it's just an insult?
Cause if it's actual curse... I would like to see the wording and I would require a charisma check. I play with curse rules people.

*reminder cause I don't know if you caught that in my big post: He had a pistol on him. He went for the girl first to buy time. His FIRST instinct was to grab a toddler instead of a weapon.
Oh, I did miss that! Well, that's even worse! OK, in that case, Vorj would say something very nasty.... I'll revise my post shortly.
"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."
--W. Somerset Maugham
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ken, if Vorj wades into the melee, can I see three d20 rolls? It's not hit rolls. It's a combination of hit rolls, saves, initiatives, skill checks etc. To see how your luck holds.
My DMGuild work!