Page 51 of 186

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:29 pm
by ewancummins
TITUS
may act next.

The rest of you may declare actions, and even make rolls, but your actions will take effect only after the cleric does whatever he does.

And, no, you do not see the cleric. The hawthorn and the tunnel walls block any sight of him.

Indeed, chance that Titus gains surprise

[dice]0[/dice]

Okay, if he moves into view, he is spotted. But he still acts ahead of the guys in the tunnel.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:04 pm
by alhoon
ewancummins wrote: Where you await trial, not ordinarily where you serve a sentence.
Jails may require you to pay to be jailed.
The rest I knew\expected. But that was new. You pay for the privilege to be jailed...
ewancummins wrote:Some jurisdictions punish grave political crimes with death by torture.
:shock:
Do you mean "high treason" here? Still too harsh, but understandable. Conspiracy to commit a coup? Espionage? Do these count for us foreigner plebs? Cause if our nice patron is accused of these (whether he did them or not) he has his golden shield and his name. We'll be paying the price.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:09 pm
by alhoon
Is that club guy the one Fild Stabbed?

Can I roll something like sense motive to see if he's playing us?

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:37 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:Is that club guy the one Fild Stabbed?

Can I roll something like sense motive to see if he's playing us?
WIS check

[dice]0[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:41 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:
ewancummins wrote: Where you await trial, not ordinarily where you serve a sentence.
Jails may require you to pay to be jailed.
The rest I knew\expected. But that was new. You pay for the privilege to be jailed...
ewancummins wrote:Some jurisdictions punish grave political crimes with death by torture.
:shock:
Do you mean "high treason" here? Still too harsh, but understandable. Conspiracy to commit a coup? Espionage? Do these count for us foreigner plebs? Cause if our nice patron is accused of these (whether he did them or not) he has his golden shield and his name. We'll be paying the price.
High treason.
As noncitizen foreigners, you really couldn't be guilty of that in Povero.
You might also see death by torture for people like The Crone, from our Birthright game. Despoiling graveyards, practicing black necromancy, killing people with rot grubs, worshipping demons, etc.\
Or simply burning at the stake.


An 'evil aligned' city or realm might deal out such cruel punishments for lesser offenses, but Povero does not have that sort of reputation. It's government is considered 'enlightened.' But that's be fantasy, pre-modern standards. The EU it aint. Even traitors may gain a merciful sentence of hanging or beheading. Heads may be displayed after death, though, or bodies hung in iron cages.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:02 pm
by ewancummins
ewancummins wrote:
alhoon wrote:Is that club guy the one Fild Stabbed?

Can I roll something like sense motive to see if he's playing us?
WIS check

[dice]222402:0[/dice]
Not sure which guy this is.

No indication he is playing you.
But you don't exactly have the best view of him, with two humans in front of you. As in, you can barely see what the heck is going on up there, at the top of the short steps, before the storm cellar door opening.
You do NOT see Titus.

Gertie and Tom will see Titus if he gets close, though.

But the light isn't great, so they do not recognize him. No can he make out their faces.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:06 pm
by alhoon
I was referring to the one Fild did 5 damage to with his short sword as he was trying to escape.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:07 pm
by ewancummins
alhoon wrote:I was referring to the one Fild did 5 damage to with his short sword as he was trying to escape.

Right. What I mean is that Fild is not sure which one it is. He cannot see. Stupid giant human and half elf standing in front of him.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:14 pm
by ewancummins
TITUS hasn't taken a full round of action yet. Just walked up a short distance and looked.

He may cast a spell, checked on the possibly dead/gravely wounded dude, attack to aid the lone defender, do something else. Whatever.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:26 pm
by VAN
Ewan, in my post I said Tom moved aside so the others can exit the tunnel as well. I thought Tom was already out. But I can edit the post.

Anyway, he will do bullrush so they can all exit the tunnel since more people appear I think it's better run!

[dice]0[/dice]

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:33 pm
by alhoon
Run from a guy with leather armor and a stick? Pfft.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:35 pm
by VAN
Noooo run from the one that arrived (doesn't know he is a cleric yet) and possible watch.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:37 pm
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:Ewan, in my post I said Tom moved aside so the others can exit the tunnel as well. I thought Tom was already out. But I can edit the post.

Anyway, he will do bullrush so they can all exit the tunnel since more people appear I think it's better run!

[dice]222415:0[/dice]
Dice gawds say no, it seems.

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:39 pm
by VAN
Ok no worries can he still move so the otehrs can exit?

Re: POVERO Campaign OOC

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:40 pm
by ewancummins
VAN wrote:Ewan, in my post I said Tom moved aside so the others can exit the tunnel as well. I thought Tom was already out. But I can edit the post.

Anyway, he will do bullrush so they can all exit the tunnel since more people appear I think it's better run!

[dice]222415:0[/dice]
He was going for that but they guy beat him on init and boxed him in.

Outnumbered, lightly armored, armed with a club, this dude won't back down.

Or hasn't yet,at least.