Curse of the Witch-King OOC

Online roleplaying at the Café
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Curse of the Witch-King OOC

Post by Lord Skybolt »

I want full Clarity as well . Because you may have lost more than just him if I don't get that clarity .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

JMaytr wrote: Full clarity, please?
In the Ravenloft Forum, there was a thread that got into a heated discussion. It can be found here.
Lord Skybolt
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Lord Skybolt »

No I mean what can warrant a more than 2 month Ban .
"Evil only endures when good people remain silent ."
Tony inspired by Thomas Jefferson .
JMaytr
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by JMaytr »

Having just read that entire thread it seems clear that the mods disagreed with Ewan, and then mocked him. He is a soldier who served in the US Military in Iraq and they mocked "shell-shocked" soldiers with ptsd at him. despicable.
"Seven Seals...Seven Rings...Seven Brides for the Scarlet King..."
Five
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Five »

JMaytr wrote:Having just read this entire thread it seems abundantly clear that the mods disagreed with Ewan politically, and then mocked him. He is a soldier who served in the US Military in Iraq and they mocked "shell-shocked" soldiers with ptsd at him. despicable.
Jester of the FoS wrote:
This isn't the 1910s when "shell shocked" soldiers lacked "moral fibre" and were cowards.
People have real feelings and can experience real trauma, and being reminded of said trauma conjures very real emotional distress.
Put the torch down, JMaytr, and read that again.

I don't know nothing about nothing in regards to how things were taken and what triggered the trigger, or even what the response was, but if that was it (or tone of the latter part; ie: "preaching to the choir") then that is the obvious focal point of peaceful reconnect...
"A very piteous thing it was to see such a quantity of dead bodies, and such an outpouring of blood - that is, if they had not been enemies of the Christian faith."

- Jean Pierre Sarrasin, "The Memoirs of the Lord of Joinville"
SkiBird
Criminal Mastermind
Criminal Mastermind

Post by SkiBird »

Lord Skybolt wrote:No I mean what can warrant a more than 2 month Ban .
I cannot speak to that. I'm just johnny-forum-member.

I was aware of the disagreement, and I knew* about your game here. My only intention was to point you guys toward the thread where it occurred so that you could get a better picture of how it transpired.

* [I had the short-lived role of Meela Summerstone in Lost Trails. I've been lurking here and there ever since.]
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

JMaytr wrote:Having just read that entire thread it seems clear that the mods disagreed with Ewan, and then mocked him. He is a soldier who served in the US Military in Iraq and they mocked "shell-shocked" soldiers with ptsd at him. despicable.
Like Five, I don't see in Jester's what made him that angry. But I do not have his personal background.

That said, posting insults when angry isn't the way to go. Explaining his perceived disagreement (what made him angry, or asking for explanation) would have been more interesting, as discussion would have continued with civility.

More explanations added up there, in the main board (p 14 of the 5e thread).

Joël
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

JMaytr wrote:Having just read that entire thread it seems clear that the mods disagreed with Ewan, and then mocked him. He is a soldier who served in the US Military in Iraq and they mocked "shell-shocked" soldiers with ptsd at him. despicable.
JMaytr, see here, please:
http://fraternityofshadows.com/forum/vi ... 65#p245365
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."