A brief question about the Black Keep in Feast of Goblyns

Discussing all things Ravenloft
nothri
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

A brief question about the Black Keep in Feast of Goblyns

Post by nothri »

Ladies and gentlemen, I have a simple question. Is the Keep from Feast of Goblyns in which you meet Dr. Heinfroth meant to be his asylum or his home?
I'm just a ghost in this house.
DustBunny
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: A brief question about the Black Keep in Feast of Goblyn

Post by DustBunny »

nothri wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I have a simple question. Is the Keep from Feast of Goblyns in which you meet Dr. Heinfroth meant to be his asylum or his home?
On page 66 of the module you have this "After the characters have dealt with the animals that lurk in the wilderness around Dominiani's home, they will come upon the keep itself". And page 70 "The coach is used by Dr. Dominiani to transport goods to and from Teufeldorf.". So it suggests it is his home/place of residence and he definetly 'lives' there.

As for the view 'from the outside'', it depends on who you ask. :gabrielle:

*To the unknowing - It was home, which he converted into an asylum to help the insane. He still lives there as 'Doctor in Residence'.
*To those in the know - It's his home, with a free range larder out the back.
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back they had written, "Wish you were here."
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: A brief question about the Black Keep in Feast of Goblyn

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

I'd say absolutely both. With transportation as slow as it would be in the times reflected in the setting, it would make little sense for a Doctor to live far from his "patients."
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."