Heraldry, flags, and colors for each domain.

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Heraldry, flags, and colors for each domain.

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

I had found also that for you but forgot to post it before
Attachments
Falkovnia_Zweifialk_.jpg
Falkovnia_Zweifialk_.jpg (181.51 KiB) Viewed 4798 times
Last edited by Mephisto of the FoS on Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mischief
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mischief »

Mistmaster wrote:Thank you, House Allemande coat of arms, with different colos will beperfect for my Flag of Falkovnia.
You can have your pick of SVGs, Mist.
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

Odd thing is, the double-headed eagle was more a sign of the Romanov dynasty. The two heads were meant to represent how divine rule was ordained both by earthly might and by god. Ironic that the nearly atheistic if not outright anti-deist Falkovnia has the Zweifalk as its iconic bird.
Maybe in that land, the two heads mean that rule is ordained by stength of arm, and strength of will.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

But Falkovnia is not Atheistic, it is militaristic. Warlike clerics would probably feel at home, and they are required as healers. That's my take on it at least.

Regardless, the two-headed eagle of the Byzantines was supposed to be the Empire looking at the East and the West as Constantinople was at the meeting place of Asia and Europe.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

alhoon wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:07 am But Falkovnia is not Atheistic, it is militaristic. Warlike clerics would probably feel at home, and they are required as healers. That's my take on it at least.

Regardless, the two-headed eagle of the Byzantines was supposed to be the Empire looking at the East and the West as Constantinople was at the meeting place of Asia and Europe.
In my case the two heads of the falcon are military and civil leadership as Drakov wants to show the wolrd he can be the best in both fields. He betrayed his best friend for that he could not possibly be mistaken, now can he? :D
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Well, Drakov trying too hard to impress and show he's not a brutal, uncouth mercenary on top of a well armed, glorified bandit group that happened to own a country is fitting.

Speaking about that, I would love if one of his neighbors called him a pirate, thinking that the Talons were pirates before Ravenloft and not mercenaries.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

Don't know how many are on Prisoner's of the Mists (I see it sometimes) but they had their own thread on Noble House ideas for Dementliue, complete with house crests. Just thought I would sure the link:
https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/inde ... ic=45781.0
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

KingCorn wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:40 am Don't know how many are on Prisoner's of the Mists (I see it sometimes) but they had their own thread on Noble House ideas for Dementliue, complete with house crests. Just thought I would sure the link:
https://www.nwnravenloft.com/forum/inde ... ic=45781.0
I have used some of them both in last year's Richemulot Watch article and this years Masquerade one.
Bride of S
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Bride of S »

I have about a dozen COAs for various Core domains but I'm hitting "board limit reached" on the ones I've tried to upload, so currently the only one I can share is Borca's: Per bend bevilled sable and purpure, in chief a sword fesswise argent, in base two cinquefoils argent.
Ravenloft is a land worth living in. It is a land worth fighting for. Don't surrender it to the night.
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Bride of S wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:47 pm I have about a dozen COAs for various Core domains but I'm hitting "board limit reached" on the ones I've tried to upload, so currently the only one I can share is Borca's: Per bend bevilled sable and purpure, in chief a sword fesswise argent, in base two cinquefoils argent.
I believe Borca is mentioned somewhere to have a 7 piece severed snake and silver stars as a coat of arms. I don't remember the source.
Bride of S
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Bride of S »

Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:47 amI believe Borca is mentioned somewhere to have a 7 piece severed snake and silver stars as a coat of arms. I don't remember the source.
Gazetteer IV; a nine-part mutilated snake flanked by nine stars on a wine-red background, representing "the nine cities of Borjia." I love Arthaus, but with due respect to the writers it's both vexillologically complex and representative of nothing in Borca's history (Borca and Dorvinia combined don't even lay claims to nine of anything.)

My attempt at heraldry was intended to be a post-Conjunction coat of arms representing the union of Borca (purple, the domain's south and west) and Dorvinia (black, the northeast); the sword and cinquefoils represent the Dilisnya and Boritsi families respectively. The bevilled bend at the center is theoretically symbolic of a Borcan indenture's tooth, signifying the national union is agreed to and binding upon all parties involved — or if you're cynical, it represents how it isn't going smoothly for anyone.
Ravenloft is a land worth living in. It is a land worth fighting for. Don't surrender it to the night.
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

Speaking of Heraldry, Mephisto, for the ones you yourself made for the Richemulot Guard article, did you draw those or did you use a tool or website?
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

KingCorn wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:51 pm Speaking of Heraldry, Mephisto, for the ones you yourself made for the Richemulot Guard article, did you draw those or did you use a tool or website?
I drew them that's why it took me so long to finish them. I first made the compositions in photoshop then printed them, drew them by hand with a pen to have the same lines, scanned, worked the contrasts in photoshop again and then made them vectors in illustrator so that they can be printed in any desirable size without pixelating. :Brain: