Looking for Ravenloft / Masque of the Red Death RPGA Modules

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Ebonacht
Conspirator
Conspirator

Looking for Ravenloft / Masque of the Red Death RPGA Modules

Post by Ebonacht »

Hello everyone!

I am new here, but I have been an avid fan of Ravenloft for years now. Currently I am looking to get a hold of PDFs of the Ravenloft and Masque of the Red Death RPGA modules (Particularly the last module of the Living Death campaign, "Defiance").

I've been trying to track down these modules for a year now, and this forum might be my last hope in my search. Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you!
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Looking for Ravenloft / Masque of the Red Death RPGA Mod

Post by Resonant Curse »

It might take some legwork but sometimes if you can locate some of the authors on social media and message them they are willing to share them.

I really wish they would put the old rpga stuff up on dms guild like all the current convention stuff.
Ebonacht
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by Ebonacht »

Oh wow, that's actually a great idea! I'll follow up on that, thank you!

And yeah, I agree. I'm not sure why the RPGA modules aren't there either. I wonder if WotC was aware of the demand, if they would be willing to release them?
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

Ebonacht wrote:Oh wow, that's actually a great idea! I'll follow up on that, thank you!

And yeah, I agree. I'm not sure why the RPGA modules aren't there either. I wonder if WotC was aware of the demand, if they would be willing to release them?

If I remember correctly it has to do with how they wrote the contracts for writing the modules and for some reason extra entities were involved including the RPGA and that it would be a hassle for them to wrangle permissions and determine profit splits based on rereleasing it.

If you manage to find any of the pdfs I would love to find any as well.
Jester of the FoS
Jester of the Dark Comedy

Post by Jester of the FoS »

I wish we could get ahold of more of them to preserve them rather than having them slowly vanish as the people who own them die and their estate recycles the adventures.
Some kind of archive.

Heck, if someone were to DM me a link to a dropbox folder of scans (or even smartphone pictures) I'd type up a PDF.
recvech
Conspirator
Conspirator

Post by recvech »

If you are still looking for "Defiance" let me know, I just checked I have a copy of it I can send you.
Jester of the FoS

Post by Jester of the FoS »

Sure! Always happy to see more.
Send them to david.jw.gibson (at) 5mwd.com
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

I would love to see it as well if possible.
apotheot
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Looking for Ravenloft / Masque of the Red Death RPGA Modules

Post by apotheot »

I likewise am still looking for a few (after nearly 2 decades of hunting).
Here is a list of things I am looking for Living Death stuff (excluding missing edition variants (there was an entire year which came in both 2e and 3e), and missing certs)

LD1: Skinners (note I have the commercially available Deadlands adventure which is apparently the same story but converted)
White Man's Burden
Artifact Quest
Gossip on the Nile (LARP)
Train of Terror (LARP)
Good Intentions
Keeper's Auction (LARP?)
The Scouring of Cornwall
Into the Maelstrom
A Call to Arms (LARP)

Please let me know if you have any.

As for why these are not on the DM's Guild....quite simply the contract that they were written under does not allow for them to be made commercially available. Since the ownership of the mods are split between the author and the company, doing so would require a new contract, which would likely incur legal and other fees making the distribution of these prohibitively expensive.

For those unaware, the campaign officially ended with Defiance, but a sequel campaign came out set a few years later through the Fellowship of the Whitestar Organized Play group. This campaign too has ended, but a sequel to that game moved the timeline forward again and not utilizes a different (non-3x) ruleset. You can find all of the 3x adventures as well as the new rules set for the most recent campaign for sale online at their websites. (use google)

-Apotheot

-Apotheot