Your Ravenloft Videogame

Discussing all things Ravenloft
PrisonerOfTheLand
Conspirator
Conspirator

Re: Your Ravenloft Videogame

Post by PrisonerOfTheLand »

The graphics would look good with the engine mentioned above, but what would one do for a party. Having a single player pumped up with 20,000 magical items taking out a darklord kinda loses it for me. I like the party idea but not having to be online only for it. Speaking of 20,000 annoying items for a player character they do have a Barovia Castle Ravenloft setting on DDO. So cool setting and series of adventures, but annoyance of the current ddo system.

Which D&D edition (1-5 and coming soon 5.5) would you use for your Ravenloft fantasy video game? Power checks and magic being affected differently is a must as a part of Ravenloft same with animal companions. Mephisto above made a good point about forlorn. The original forlorn setting is open ended with players going where ever they like. Not positive, but I think nightmare lands and Masque of the red death (colonial era ravenloft) might be too.

So would Islands of terror be an expansion pack lol? Although there is the grand conjunction that changed everything some dm's can claim time distortion in the mists to allow players to bounce from adv to adv or pre conjuction domain to post grand conjunction domain. Just remember though time games are tricky (not sure how I feel about that personally). Castle Tristeniora is all about time bouncing between 3 incarnations of the castle with during 3 time periods. Enough rambling from me :)

Till the Goblyns devour....
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

Coming back to this idea: What if they completed the Quartet of Universal Monsters by making games for Lamordia and Verbrek in the same vein as Stone Prophet and Strahd's Possession?
Garudos Celestar
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Garudos Celestar »

Set in Barovia, probably revolving around Immol and the Thaani. 3.5 rules, but with fairly limited character customization options to emphasize very specific character development (a la Planescape:Torment).

The important part is that since it's set in Barovia but the mind flayers would be the villains, there can be a late game mission where "Strahd von Zarovich has joined your party!" can pop up on the screen.
[i]"I too have begun to wonder about the legendary wisdom of our guardian angel and his pet rock."
~ Evee Beiderbecke[/i]
hidajiremi
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by hidajiremi »

My ideal Ravenloft game is an Xcom-like with tactical turn-based combat and role-playing elements, like Owlcat's Rogue Trader game or Wrath of the Righteous. You'd be monster hunters working for Van Richten, traveling between domains and doing missions on your build-up to confronting various darklords.
"Children are innocent and love justice, while most adults are wicked and prefer mercy." G.K. Chesterton