New Ravenloft comic

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

New Ravenloft comic

Post by Resonant Curse »

Looks like we have a new Ravenloft comic series coming out this month.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220404-200446_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220404-200446_Chrome.jpg (243.93 KiB) Viewed 1840 times
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: New Ravenloft comic

Post by Gonzoron of the FoS »

Sweet! nice catch. Looking forward to it. Might have to take my first trip inside a comic book shop in like 6 years.

ETA: Sources I see say "Jun 29, 2022". Where did you see "this month"? Seems there are at least 2 covers as well.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Viktra Mordenheim... Call me prejudiced but I am not expecting much, although I would like to have it.
I will probably have to order it online, no way this is going to end up in my local Athens comic stores...
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Wolfglide of the Fraternity
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Wolfglide of the Fraternity »

Looking at that picture, I see a white-blonde scientist that experiments on the dead, holding a syringe of strange fluid. Add a pair of glasses, and Viktra could be Herbert West---Reanimator.
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Mephisto of the FoS wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:28 pm Viktra Mordenheim... Call me prejudiced but I am not expecting much, although I would like to have it.
I'm actually quite interested to see what they do with her. The early Ravenloft novels worked wonders to take sketches of characters from the Black Box and flesh them out into really interesting ones. Maybe once the "new batch" of darklords gets similar treatment, they might grow on us old folks.
"We're realistic heroes. We're not here to save the world, just nudge the world into a better place."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Wolfglide of the Fraternity wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:22 am Looking at that picture, I see a white-blonde scientist that experiments on the dead, holding a syringe of strange fluid. Add a pair of glasses, and Viktra could be Herbert West---Reanimator.
the "Dead" you say?
That could well NOT be the case... :twisted:
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Resonant Curse
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Resonant Curse »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:13 am Sweet! nice catch. Looking forward to it. Might have to take my first trip inside a comic book shop in like 6 years.

ETA: Sources I see say "Jun 29, 2022". Where did you see "this month"? Seems there are at least 2 covers as well.
It just got added to the Managecomics site that the store I go to uses and usually it only has it up a couple weeks before release. I believe whatever site I was on originally that had it and made me go looking had said it too, but can't remember where I was at.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Do we have confirmation that this is Viktra?
Do we have confirmation that the thing inside the glass tube is not dead?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Gonzoron of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

alhoon wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:39 am Do we have confirmation that this is Viktra?
yes, synopsis here:
https://frankiescomics.com/products/40496
Do we have confirmation that the thing inside the glass tube is not dead?
I guess not, but is it relevant? Cover art doesn't always match up with the plot.
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

I have the same info in PREVIEWS.
Orphan of Agony Isle - previews april 22c.jpg
Orphan of Agony Isle - previews april 22c.jpg (99.88 KiB) Viewed 1696 times
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Gonzoron of the FoS wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:01 am
alhoon wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 9:39 am Do we have confirmation that the thing inside the glass tube is not dead?
I guess not, but is it relevant? Cover art doesn't always match up with the plot.
Aha! I knew it was not dead, that it was alive! It was alive! :adam:

But... I am sad that it is only in USA and UK. :(
My DMGuild work!
Joël of the FoS

Post by Joël of the FoS »

alhoon wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:13 am But... I am sad that it is only in USA and UK. :(
That is possibly where PREVIEWS does distribute. There is possibly another distributor for Europe?
"A full set of (game) rules is so massively complicated that the only time they were all bound together in a single volume, they underwent gravitational collapse and became a black hole" (Adams)
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

I guess the people upset about the gender swap can stop it now because, based on the character presented in this comic, it is a gender identity swap not an actual gender swap and this "Viktra" is Victor.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Do you honestly think that people angry that Victor Mordenhaim was changed to a woman would stop complaining because Victor Mordenhaim became a transexual?
My DMGuild work!
tomokaicho
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by tomokaicho »

alhoon wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:15 pm Do you honestly think that people angry that Victor Mordenhaim was changed to a woman would stop complaining because Victor Mordenhaim became a transexual?
Given who and what Victor Mordenheim is, a bit of mad science gender bending at least kind of makes sense for this character. Vlad Drakov becoming a flamboyant transsexual much less so.