QtR29 - submissions open (it's a secret!)

Discussing all things Ravenloft
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: QtR29 - submissions open (it's a secret!)

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

Jack the Reaper wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:50 pm Oy! You got my name wrong in both of my articles! It's Jack the Reaper, not the Ripper!
Correction made and I am sending the file for uploading. The miss-print will be a collective item in a few minutes.
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

The footnotes appears to be missing from my "Secrets of Pharazia" article. Ordinarily I would wait to submit a note when the call for errata comes around, but in this case one of the footnotes gives credit to NeoTiamat's "The Domain of the Endless Word" for the good ideas I stole. If there is any way to restore that acknowledgement, at least, I would appreciate it!

Note to self: Don't do footnotes next year.
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Please make no mistake, though. This issue looks GOOD, and from the quick scan that I've allowed myself to do thus far, it's got some lovely juicy bits to it.
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

The best issue yet! And fantastic work as always Mephisto, love seeing the facistic horror and mad science of Falkovnia. I have few ideas to give if you interested, involving attempts to make giant soliers, and a mutant-roc that doubles as a dragonlance connection.
I also love the Markovia section, it address all the little stuff I always thought about the domain (settlers in the wilderness, abandoned villages, ect).
KingCorn
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by KingCorn »

I particularly love the little details about Markov, like the books and his vanity. It really makes him more real, giving him these little quirks and hobbies inbetween the brutal horror. More darklords need things like that (I myself always like to think Ivana is actually a particularly skilled hortculturalist, and actual pens books of it under a fake name)
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

KingCorn wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:36 pm The best issue yet! And fantastic work as always Mephisto, love seeing the facistic horror and mad science of Falkovnia.
Thanks I am glad you like it! Although best issue is a bit of an overstatement :lucas:
KingCorn wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:36 pmI have few ideas to give if you interested, involving attempts to make giant soldiers, and a mutant-roc that doubles as a dragonlance connection.
Please do I have already some new inventions that didn't make it to this years issue.
My main idea was having the science subtitute magical potions but with a bad aspects as addiction or overdose, etc. Anyway militarism and drugs usually go hand in hand
KingCorn wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:36 pm I also love the Markovia section, it address all the little stuff I always thought about the domain (settlers in the wilderness, abandoned villages, ect).
And the best thing is that in this issue you have many Markovias to choose from.
DustBunny
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by DustBunny »

And just as the nice Doctor Mordenheim had finished charging the cattle prod, it is released. :gabrielle:

Slowly working my way through, I very much like Chibiloft!.
It reminds me of the old Nodwick cartoons scattered throughout the old Dungeon magazines. A humorous break from lots of reading.

Wait a minute....page 85, 'Heraldry of the Richemuloese City Watch Companies', all the shields are blank!

Ohhhh Doctor, I appears I may need it after all... :P
Someone sent me a postcard picture of the earth. On the back they had written, "Wish you were here."
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

DustBunny wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:38 pm Wait a minute....page 85, 'Heraldry of the Richemuloese City Watch Companies', all the shields are blank!
Yes they are I didn't have time to finish them all so decided to place them as such until the final version of the netbook is released after the errata corrections in one or two months.

You can always create your own though

D.I.Y. Heraldry of the Richemuloese City Watch Companies :mrgreen:
Manofevil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Manofevil »

SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! SPAM! WONDREFUL SPAAAAAMM!
Do us a favor Luv, Stick yer 'ead in a bucket a kick it!

So, gentlemen, that's how it is. Until Grissome.... resurfaces, I'm the acting president, and I say starting with this... anniversary festival, we run this city into the ground! :D