Norse or Viking theme Domain

Discussing all things Ravenloft
HyperionSol
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Norse or Viking theme Domain

Post by HyperionSol »

I've been looking for one on the fraternity, but has there ever been a Norse or Viking theme Domain in Ravenloft? I don't mind making one myself, but I was just curious if anyone in the fraternity had documented one or if some one-shot was created with it.
The Lesser Evil
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Norse or Viking theme Domain

Post by The Lesser Evil »

There was the Northlands from USS 2002 and 2003, in the netbooks section.

Edit: The Frat's Nocturnal Sea Gazetteer had elements of this in Graben Island, especially in its history/false history.
HyperionSol
Agent of the Fraternity
Agent of the Fraternity

Post by HyperionSol »

Okay, the Northlands work. Great. Thank you.

So, if I understand the curse of Jarl Gravstein Hansen is that the only thing he is good at is being a warrior and any attempt at being a leader fails. He is forced to use violence to keep his people in line, but even that is crumbling as remnants of the Gand Tribe continue to exist and Gand sorcerers still remain. The culture and city he is so proud of his ancestors built are likewise crumbling because his pride won't allow his advisors to help him. He is also slowly realizing he is not a pure Kosti Tribe member like he thought he was.
Mephisto of the FoS
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mephisto of the FoS »

It is not a Viking / Norse themed domain but in the last Quoth the Raven I had written several articles about Falkovnia. One of them is based on Drakov's Dragonlance origins, in the article he is supposed to be of Teusten ancestry. In the article there is a society created by the mercenary soldiers that arrived with Drakov in Ravenloft "making" a "connection" similar to the one the Nazis wanted to create with a Norse ancestry. You can check the Teusten here

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 43xdho6iPe
"I am not omniscient, but I know a lot."
-Mephistopheles from Faust by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe