A halfling walks to church (3)

The Halfling campaign
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Artemis will have enough to explain, but you aren't so smart it seems" Ixevim says to the man and uses his telekinetik powers to throw the helm from the man's head in the other corner of the room. The man cursed and tried to bash in Ixevim's skull, but Ixevim (even if his muscles were failing him from the disease) moved to the side on time. The club made a terrible sound cracking the shelf that Ixevim standed beside.
Ixevim could only guess what the club would do to his head if he hasn't moved on time.
"What about now?" He send his assailant in a telepathic message and a third mind blast washed over him.

OOC> Does he throw off the effects of the mind blast again?
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

'GAAAAAGHZYKGHGHG!!" the man screams in terror as the primitve synapses of his mind sizzle under the psionic wave. Frozen in movement he watches with maddened eyes as he realises he is now helpless.

Kimuriel opens the door out of the garden just as a rumble of thunder is over heard. The darkened smoke from Artemis' explosion still rise but have hidden approaching rain clouds. A minute passes as the half-elf walks down the corridor before he hears the patter of rain falling on the roof.

Walking around he finds himself almost lost when he hears the loud screams of a man in terror.
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

It takes only a second to the half-elf to understand from which side of the corridor is heard the scream.

Curious as always, Kimuriel decides to go and see what is happening. He closes his eyes, concentrates and then touches his chest. A traslucent matter appears and covers him. Feeling more safe with his inertial barrier, the psion starts running at the screams direction.
The wet corridor makes him slip some times, but his trained body helps Kimuriel to regain his stance without falling.

After a couple of minutes Kimuriel finds himself out of a closed door. The detective is almost sure that from this door was heard the scream. Without hessitating neither a monute, Kimuriel opens the door.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim sents Recki a telepathic suggestion. dozens of ghost voices whisper to the stunned gnome, giving power to Ixevim's suggestion.
"The Power of the mindblast was very powerful. Fall unconsious."
The gnome inventor's eyes turn upward and he falls on the floor.

Ixevim redirects another mindblast on his stunned victim, just in case, extending the time the man will be groveling in his knees. He kicks the club away from the man's reach. He gets a piece of rope and binds the stunned man's arms behind his back. Then he kicks him prone, face up.
As his eyes begin to clear, Ixevim sends him a suggestion. The ghostly voices accompany the silent message.
"You have better tell me what I need to know to save your pitiful hide. Else I'll kill you the most horrid way."

Then the door suddenly opens and Kimuriels rushes in, pistol in hand. The half elf sees Ixevim, one foot on a prone man's chest looking him in the eye with an expressionless face. Kimuriel can just feel the psionic power Ixevim has used fading away.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel is very surprised from the scene. He waited to see a helpless man, but not a helpless man proned and the mind flayer over him. Then, Kimuriel notices the uncosous gnome and the club. Approaching a bit, he asks Ixevim:

"What are you doing here? Who are they? What has happened here?"
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Brace your mind Kimuriel. Let me show you what happened."
Ixevim sends Kimuriel in a few seconds what happened in the last few minutes they have been apart.
Kimuriel's mind is assaulted by visual and auditory information that is enscripted in his mind. The alien ways of mind flayer's way of thought and the speed by which the information is passed to him taxes Kimuriel's mind, but Ixevim takes care not to rush the psion with dangerously much information.
In about 10 seconds Kimuriel has a broad idea of what has happened in the room and a mild headache.

The man that assaulted Ixevim is now fully awake and looks terrified the blank face of his captor.

"You better start talking." Kimuriel says to the captive prompting him so by turning his pistol to him. The detective feels a telltale almost beyond notice "ting" in his mind that tells him that the mind flayer attempts to read the thoughts of the man.

OOC> What does the man says, and what does he think?
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

A spark appers at Kimuriel's eyes and a missive reaches Ixevim's mind:

"Keep me informed please to everythging this man says."
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The man spits and hits Kimuriel in the cheek.

"Dirty little half-bred, I don't care what you do to me. Infact-"

Ixevim could sense it coming but it didn't matter. The man pushes himself forward and shoves the light weight of the mindflayer off his chest. He shifts his body slightly towards Kimuriel and bites down onto the man's leg -hard.
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim assaulted the man with another mindblast. This time the thug's mind was more prepared and shoved the effects off. As he jumped to his feet, He got a second one, that breached the defences of his rage and was at his knees again. Ixevim kicked him prone again.
Ixevim sent Kimuriel a telepathic message.
"Help me hold him down, please."
Ixevim grabbed the man from the shoulders as Kimuriel unceremoniously sat on his legs. Being so close to the brain of man that didn't have much use for it, Ixevim felt hungry. If the man hadn't proved his usefulness in a minute or two, Ixevim would find other uses for him.
Ixevim tried again to plant his suggestion again and prompted Kimuriel to ask questions as he tried again to penetrate the man's mind to read his thoughts.
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Sitted on the man's legs, Kimuriel asks with serious voice, trying at the same time intimidate him.

"It's much better if you start talking immediateky human. You know very well what kind of... creature is Ixevim and you know very well what will happen to you if you don't collaborate. I have to admit that I don't think that you deserve this end human, but at the same time, I cannot stop my companion for a long time. He is a bit irritable you know."

Kimuriel makes a small pause in order to give the man the time to understand how serious he was and decide what to do. Then, Kimuriel speaks again, while another spark appears to his eyes.

"So, lets start again. Tell me your name, who sent you here, what kind of relationship you have with Artemis and how you can know so many things about my companion Ixevim."

The missive which reaches Ixevim's mind says:

"Don't harm him please, we need answers and despite his attack, I don't think that he deserves a horrible end. We will leave him here and I will take care of your secret. I' ll try to modify his memory."

OOC> Kimuriel doesn't know what Ixevim thinking, but he can easily immagine and he wants to save the man's life, if possible. The power he is refering is the "Tailor Memory". He can modify or even erase 12 seconds of memory. Kimuriel plans to erase the detail that Ixevim is a mind flyer, so the man will think that he has been attacked from a human with strange powers, maybe a psion, or even a wizard. Kimuriel will manifest this power, after the answers.
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim replies to Kimuriel.
"You are a good man Kimuriel. However, this man attacked me just for profit and if we let him go, he will take other lives. Perhaps of good people that could help others.
The feeding isn't more painful than death from a bullet. I can grant a swift death to this man, which is more than he deserves. What do you think the authorities would do to him if they served justice?"
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel replies always mentally to the mind flyer, while waiting the man's answers:

"The authorites will judge the man for his crimes and then execute him. Maybe they will not judge him well, but at least this man will have a chance to save himself. You cannot pretend to be the justice Ixevim. As about the way of death, I still find it cruel and... disgusting. I don't think that any human being deserve this end. I know that is the only way you can get nutrishment, but I still find it horrible. Don't get offended, but you cannot make me change my mind. However, I appreciate your try. You can do whatever you want to other creatures, like ogres, trolls etc, but please let the humans and the demi-humans at least have an appropriate death. I think it's their right."

Kimuriel knows that this discussion has repeated before and will be repeated more times in the future, but he doesn't want to change his mind. Both life and death are precious for him, like a gift which was given to all of them. Kimuriel wants to protect this gift.
- W H A T ! ? !
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Kimuriel's words hit Ixevim's sensibilities. Another outcast, one that had reasons to hate humans since they considered him an abomintation, tried to save this man's life.
Ixevim knew that he would remain healthy at least another week or two without eating a brain, although he was hungry. Was this man really deserving death? He was hired to kill a mind flayer after all. Perhaps he was also enchanted to do that. Ixevim casted a simple spell to detect magic. While he concentrated, he considered his previous determination to kill this human. The decadent nobles below were far more suitable for death, he decided.
Who has sent this assassin to him? Perhaps Artemis for retribution (as the man said), but Ixevim remembered that somebody has planted evidence against him too. Artemis probably didn't even know about the existance of the man. Somebody probably was planting the seeds of mistrust between them. . .

Probably. Perhaps it was all a part of Artemis' plan. After all, Ixevim knew now the man to be full of secrets. He was sent to Blutspur to trade convicted men for resources. While a half-elf tried to save a man from similar (or better) fate.
Ixevim remembered some tids and bits he has heard or read in people's minds while wandering the core. About a society of Illusionists trying to shape the world as they wanted. The Fraternity of Shadows.
Perhaps Ixevim should take off Artemis' ring of mindblank. . .

Perhaps. The man that thought to plant mistrust between them seemed to do the hell of a job.
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The man rolled his eyes as the half-elf begged for mercy and justice. This really was annoying, spitting at the mindflayer he decided he may as well sell out. After all he didn't want to die -maybe if he ran fast enough afterwards Artemis wouldn't catch him. That man's reach was too long and with the threats the 'diplomat' had made against the would be assassin's family... well maybe if he got a fast horse he could make for his wife and children before Mr Ardent's minions found out.

"Ok I'll talk, but I need santuary -if I'm found out I'm worse off than if you killed me yourselves. What do you want to know?"
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

"I have already made you some questions. If we are sattisfied from your answers, your life will not be in danger, at least for us. As about Artemis, we will see what to do with him. Now start talking."

Says Kimuriel with serious voice, while watching every single move of the man. Kimuriel is good enough to get the hidden emotions of the others and understand if they are saying the truth.

OOC> Kimuriel has high sense motive, around 9.
- W H A T ! ? !