A halfling walks to church (3)

The Halfling campaign
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The Lady Romaine seems comforted by Heinrich's words.

"Oh Heinrich you are so very strong and just know what to say." her eyes suddenly light up as she recalls something "There is mean't to be a dinner party later this evening to celebrate my return, would you care to come? It will be a small thing so you needn't feel uncomfortable."
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The maid nods to Kimuriel.

"Oh yes he is still around. I know 'cause he's one of the great betrayer's advisors. Some diplomat or something -not sure, but he is definatley around."
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Ixevim's scans reveal no evil intent to lie or decieve, though the gnome is fast becoming annoyed at his blank stares.

"Well Doc my name is Recki and I need some help but if your like all the rest and wont assist a colleague because I'm a gnome then get lost." the gnome kicks the box and it makes a slight mechanical squealing sound that buzzes and dies. Moving to it Recki places his hands under it and begins lifting it so to drag it to the table.

"It is actually an experiment..." he grunts "in light and..." another push on the box "chemicals."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Well met Recki. I'm not a racist. I'll help you." Ixevim said and casted an unseen servant spell to help the gnome lift the box, without touching it. "As you can see, I'm also a wizard. Not a powerful one, but I can do some things. I've heard that you gnomes study magic as humans study the sciences. May I'm so fortunate that you combine science and magic like me?"

As the combined strength of Ixevim's spell and Recki's muscle put the machine in place, Ixevim asks the gnome again,
"What do you want to percieve or test with this box? What experiment about light and chemicals?"
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

JHeinrich lowers to one knee and bows his head.

"My lady, it would be my honour as a warrior to attend this occasion."

He then stands and looks a little embarrassed.

"I hope I wasn't to formal my lady, but I was taught to be polite and respect woman, such customs die hard, even other many years."
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

“Great.” Says Kimuriel with a smile.

“Since I don’t know how much time I have to stay in this room, I think I’ll rest a bit. I have had 2 really difficult days and I need to revitalize my mind. However, if you don’t mind, may you tell me your name? Maybe I’ll need your help later on and I want to know who I should call. Your help was and still is very important to me and I thank you for your information. Maybe I can do something about this Gangly as well, as soon as I get out of here.”

OOC>Kimuriel knows that he is not a prisoner, but he doesn’t want to risk to get out without an important reason.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Recki opens the box revealing a large number of dials, levers and one large screen.

"Its a camera. Developed from the camera obscura and lucky for you it does incorporate some magical enhancements. It is designed to take a moving picture as well as a standstill. I could take a photo of you if you like?"

Ixevim moves over to more closely examine the strange item when his mental tendrils detect Simone warning him, there was the presence of someone in the room -someone who was taking great pains not to be seen as they inched closer to the mindflayer.

Heinrich is taken aback slightly as Nostalia hugs him with her long gloved and sleeved arms before moving back.

"Oh dear Heinrich you are charming just charming. I shall have to ensure you properly attired however. Have you ever worn a formal suit? Nevermind we shall rectify the situation wtih haste."

The maid informs Kimuriel her name is Deidry and soon leaves. Alone in the garden at last the half-elf begins to relax as the sky above grows darker with fading light.
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

Heinrich is taken back by Nostalia's signs of affection and tries not to show his nervousness in the presence ofthe beautiful woman.

"I have worn formal attire only a few times my lady and those occasions were long ago. Once when I was invited into the Talons and then later when Aderre gained power in my land. It has been a long time since those days. Other than that, there was only my wedding and my family's fruneral"

He seems to go silent for a moment and a shadow of sadness crosses his features, but it is quickly chased off and disguised.

"But please, do not go through so much trouble just for me."
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Thank you, Simone." Ixevim mentally told the ghost.
Loudly he tells "Recki, suddenly I feel a bit dizzy. Excuse me for a moment." Ixevim turned towards the nearest corner, while he send his mind to scan for scentient minds in the room.
At first he got some intelligence creatures in the area, a few moments later he would know how many were with him and Recki in the room and after a few more, how smart they were. Still, as he moved towards the corner, he scanned the area with his keen eyes. The room was dark enough for him to see clearly.

OOC>Mind flayers see better in the dark than with light. Ixevim scans the room with the detect thoughts ability, so in the 1st round he detects the presence of sentient minds (like Recki). If anything happens now, he wouldn't been able to proceed with the scanning and find how many sentient minds are in the area and how smart they are.
Ixevim's bluff score is good, but perhaps his illusionary form gives him penalties to bluff. Did those that spy on him understand him? If they believe he is dizzy and Ixevim detects the spies, he will read their thoughts and start using his charm monster abilities on them.
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Finally alone, Kimuriel prefers to sit on the grass instead of the chair. It’s a long time he hasn’t felt grass under him and the sensation fills him with both happiness and a bit melancholy. He has decided nearly a week ago to help Artemis and Ixevim with their tasks in Borca, but he has never imagined what kind of adventure waited him. It’s also the inexpectant appearance of his father like a ghost. It’s still hard for Kimuriel to believe what terrible fate happened to his father and most of all what has happened when he disappeared with the zombies. Then, it’s always the matter of the possible Ixevim’s betrayal. The half-elf hasn’t decided yet if the illithid is guilty or innocent. He could understand that maybe someone had found a way to change the psionic impressions of the vial, but there is always the simplest solution, that the Ixevim has betrayed.

Kimuriel forces himself to remember any detail of what he had seen in his vision and what the mind flyer had told to them. Thinking better all the details, the psion lets a sound of relief, the evidence were against Ixevim, but his instinct and his knowledge about the powers of the illithids, make him think that maybe Ixevim can be innocent. Because the mind flyer didn’t have any reason to betray for taking the vial, he could very easily use his innate powers against them. Though, till the final proof of his innocence, Kimuriel decides that he will be normal, but a bit cautious with him.

After almost 30 min later, Kimuriel decides that maybe he has to concentrate to his new case, the problem of Ivana Boritsi. Since the only evidence he has is the name and the description of Gangly, Kimuriel decides to use his power and spy on him. So, he concentrates and sends his mind’s eye to find the man.

OOC> Kimuriel knows both the name and the appearance of Gangly and has “remote view” +5. I don’t know the DC.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Ixevim's scans reveal the fact that there is indeed another person in the room and that there was only one of them. However no sooner had he reached the corner then he felt a sudden pressure on his chest and was thrown back into a shelf.

"Ixevim" a voice is heard "Mr Ardent sends his regards!"

There before the Mindflayer stands a large unkept man. His face has stubble and some grease on it as well as oily hair which sticks out under a triangular helmet. Walking up the man spits onto the mindflayer, patting a heavy club.

"Not that its going to matter."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"You'll die for this" Ixevim replied and manifested his innate ability to transport himself to the other corner of the room away from his attacker, with furniture between them, making it difficult for his attacker to charge him.
As the dirty man stood surprised for a moment, Ixevim sent him a telepathic message.
"You know my name, perhaps you know my heritage. Are you prepared?" As the man spun around furiously, angered that his prey slept away from his reach, Ixevim unleashed a mind blast. The cone of mental force hit the gnome and the man. Not really waiting to see the effects of the first assault, Ixevim reached again inside him, ready to throw another mindblast.

OOC> Ixevim's mindblast has a DC of 18. What happened to Recki and to the man? Ixevim will throw another mindblast at the man at the initiative 15. He will do this, even if the man reaches him or even if he manages to attack him again.
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Recki turns in wonder and anger to observe his scientific explaination being interrupted only to freeze on the spot in half turn as the powerful wave of psionic energy washes over him like waves of the sea onto the shore.

The man however seems unaffected. Laughing he taps the strange helm he wore, only as a second mindblast hit him again with the same lack of results.

"Artemis is a fine boss, not only did he tell me all about you but also prepared me." he says reaching into his pocket and pulling out a knife and throwing it in the mindflayers direction it misses by centimeters as it imbedded itself in the shelf level with Ixevim's head. "But your time is over, he wants you gone." he then curses and starts moving towards his target waving his club
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel interrupts the power, as understands that he cannot see more. Then, open his eyes and scratches his beard. It’s obvious that he is thinking. The man seems quite normal to the half-elf, though the sensation of power that he has sent forces him to think that Lurzed is going to meet an important person. Maybe he wants to tell to a kind of boss what had happened with the meeting, at which both he and Lord Rechio got part.

Kimuriel decides that he has remained enough time to this yard, after all he hasn’t used his mind powers this day and rest there will be more frustrating now for him than a chance to rest. The detective hasn’t seen the chamber of his view before, but he is sure that he can recognizes it if necessary.

Kimuriel stands up and leans towards the door. It’s time to find his friends and start do something about all this story.
Last edited by VAN on Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- W H A T ! ? !
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Nostalia seems to pick up on Heinrich's momentary lapse of pretense. Patting his hand gently with her crimson gloved fingers she nods quietly while looking forward and speaking towards his chest as he towered over her own slender frame.

"Your wife and children were resistance members you said? I will not remark on how heroic their deaths could be seen or how many must lay their lives for the greater good -for it would sound as bitter to your ears as it would taste as I said it. It must be hard for you Heinrich, to loose so much and then hear others say how good it was that they would lay down their lives for the revolution. But I am sure they would be proud of what you have done regardless of the past." she takes a heavy breath "So much loss of life can only be honoured by living life in a way befitting them."

Moving her hand to his cheek she lets it stay there for a moment and bites her lip before looking into his eyes for a moment. Then she moves back.

"But now to make trouble for myself as I take care of you. We shall measure you then perhaps a brief walk -I know, I could show you are resident troop of guards. The more civil ones that is, some I believe even are Falkovnian. We took them in during their great exodus and escape from your homeland a few years ago." as she says this she goes to the door and rings for a maid who will make Heinrich's measurements. "Does that suit?"