A halfling walks to church (3)

The Halfling campaign
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Nostalia coughs delicately as if holding back emotion.
"Artemis wounded me greatly with his words. He is not a man... one would wish to cross and it pains me greatly that his home displeases him. I must compose myself." she raised a hand to her face and made a quiet cry for a moment "I am sorry but in Borca such insults are hard to bare... it puts me back to when I was captured only recently. Artemis' insults just brought back painful memories that is all."

At this time Artemis places his gloved hands behind his back and thinks. After a moment he speaks.
"You are to cautious, do you really think 'I' could be deceived like that." his words bring back the first discussion Ixevim had over heard with Ivana and the diplomat regarding when he first made court at the Boritsi estate. Recalling the history book on Borca it would place Artemis' age well over 100 and alive in the times the mindflayer referred to. "But do not forget that 50 years have passed, things have changed. If anyone should know that it is you and I."
[size=75]-Wake up... wake up and smell the ashes-[/size]
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Post by Wiccy of the Fraternity »

"If you wish to tell anyone of your hardshipsmy lady, then think of my ears ever at your disposal. I am not a man who is good at giving advice of the heart, but I am very good at listening, it comes from practice."
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

"Refering to old times, Artemis, Lady Boritsi mentioned you are in her court since the day her mother died. I believe that was 714. I met you at 756. To work in her court as a diplomat you probably were more than 25 years old. But you don't seem in your sixties now Artemis, and I guess you were at least 70 years old when I met you in Bluetspur."

Ixevim shows his disguised form.

"I'm well aware that appearances can deceive, but you seem incredibly fit and in good form for a venerable human. Have you used necromancy or alchemy to remain young Artemis? You know, when I was a creator I studied biology and alchemy extensively. It was not a coincidence that they sent that wreched bioconstruct against me."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
"I am not mad, no matter what you're implying." - Litalia
My DMGuild work!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

Nostalia sniffs and brushes her hair back into place.

"They tortured me for my ideals without remorse. I have nothing more to say." she says holding her head high "Now we must ready ourselves for dinner my new friend and make Artemis feel sorry for critisising us. Tonight we shall look like royalty." she gave him a quick smile while looking up at him "You shall be just like a regent in what I have planned, black will no doubt suit you." and she begins going over clothing arrangements as well as mixing in Borcan military regimes to which the colours refer to -as if sensing Heinrich needed something he was familiar with, in their conversation.

Artemis began biting his nail absently and then rubbed some dirt into his clothes so to smooth the stain out. It began to remind Ixevim of the Artemis he had known in Bluetspur -a more scruffy chap.

Waving his hand he put the illusion he had formed over Ixevim back into place.

"Whats wrong with you? Do you want a servant to see? I am the way I am for I am the way I am. If I wasn't the way I was I wouldn't be the way I am. See? Hmm sometimes I forget your new to the game. Ivana likes to play tricks on people, the time difference must be embelished. Its not like humans and others keep the same calender. I am but a simple merchant and message carrier for some people nothing more."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

OOC> Ixevim just showed his illusion (one that Artemis made) to made a point that Artemis may not be who he seems to be. He didn't broke it.

IC> "I just hope that Ivana isn't playing a trick on you. By the way, do you know an organization called "the Fraternity of Shadows"? They seem to know a lot about our dark world and could prove helpful in sending us back in our time."
"You truly see what a person is made of, when you begin to slice into them" - Semirhage
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Heinrich listens to Nostalia's plans for how he was to appear, bodding at the correct moments and how he would prefer the odd small detail. He was adament that he would not wear any show of rank or allegience to any country, regardless of how he would dress.

"If you can do that my lady in such short a time I will be mightily impressed. A formal suit in my old land took much longer to prepare. Though perhaps things move a little faster here than I am used to."
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel moves through the long corridor and goes back to his room. There, he gets a quick bath and then starts meditate waiting the others.
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

"Organisation? A Fraternity? I have no idea what you mean old bean. But if that is all we had best prepare for our dinner. I sense we will have important matters for the table and afterwards."
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

An hour passes and each person is met by a maid who informs them tea will be served soon.

Kimuriel dons some clean clothes and Ixevim has his illusion adjusted. Heinrich is met with applause as he leaves his room and displays his borrowed attire to Nostalia -who herself wears a emerald dress and arm length gloves giving her a somewhat other wordly beauty and delicacy. Artemis himself does not change but has his brown leather coat and dirty yellow shirt the same as when he left Ixevim in the hallway.

When they enter the dining room Ivana stands behind a large table and bids them to sit. She is dressed in a black and purple gown with her lips red and hair glossy. Though she still seems to saddened ruler and sole woman beset by many enemies she forces a smile.

"Our table may not be as rich as it once was, but I ensure that I eat only what is available to my subjects. They have made many sacrifices for my person and I find it..." she pauses finding the word " 'right' yes right and only fitting that I respect them as they do I."
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Heinrich raises his glass to their host.

"You table may not be as grand my lady, but it is by far the fairest I have laid eyes on in my time."
Swallow your soul!
VAN
Champion of the Maiden
Champion of the Maiden

Post by VAN »

Kimuriel remains for some instances still as he sees the beutiful Lady Borca and bows slightly before he gets his seat.

"It doesn't matter the table isn't as rich as was once my lady. It's important that the people that saired the dinner with you are still alive and want to help you as they can." Says Kimuriel with a side glance to Artemis and Nostalia.

Then, raises his glass and proposes:

"To you my lady, to your past and future glories."
- The first 2 Feats a wizard should take are "point blank shot" and "Precise shot"!
- W H A T ! ? !
- Or they should NEVER memorize rays!
Coan
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Coan »

The rest of the group raise their glasses and Ivana smiles a thankyou. As they sit several others join them and above from a balcony a cello quartet begin to play. At the music Artemis smiles.

"Mordent?"
"Yes dear friend, not all has been lost to our woes. This was composed the year you disapeared."
"It is... sad, but bitter sweet."
"I thought you would like it. Now" Ivana turns to the group as a whole "I would now wish to speak regarding some new information that has come to my attention. Pietor has made somewhat of a folly in his estimates of my reach... knowledge regarding an assembly of his in the Lower Grand Wing of our great house has arisen."
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim touches the cup to his illusionary lips and pretends to take a sip. He sends Kimuriel and Heinrich the following message:
"Do you notice anything strange on Artemis?"
Kimuriel's answer is immediate "He hasn't changed clothes. He was probably busy the whole hour."
Ixevim replies "I agree. It is uncharacteristic at best for Artemis to be in the dinner with the Ruler of Borca and be in such clothes"
At the mean time he sends Artemis another message
"Artemis, I can't eat this food, perhaps you could find me a way to avoid drawing unwanted attention. Perhaps I could drink a few sips of wine. I'm afraid however that my inability to eat, will seem as mistrust."
My DMGuild work!
Wiccy of the Fraternity
Membre Retiré
Membre Retiré

Heinrich nods slightly so that the mind flayer would notice the subtle movement. He then thinks to himself how Artemis has been behaving strangely since they had arrived. First he killed a man in cold blood and now... Well, he wasn't certain as to what is going on as he hadn't know n the man for long, but judging from Ixevim's concern, it was playing on his own mind also.

The warrior then addresses Ixevim.

"What can you tell me of the world you came from. I was young at the time and would like to learn more of what the world was like all those years ago."
Swallow your soul!
alhoon
Invisible Menace
Invisible Menace

Post by alhoon »

Ixevim sends Heinrich a telepathic message: "Heinrich, not all people gathered here know that we are from the past! Please take care of what you say.

Ixevim adresses the mercenary more formally.
"You mean a few decades ago, when I was even younger than you are right now, don't you? Well, the four towers were a formidable alliance that could have stopped Falkovia. You see, gunpowder is a powerful weapon. Cannonballs and bullets could shred an army appart if it is not ready to withstand it. Invidia was just a bunch of independant villages united only by the fear of Malocchio. Some Gundarakites were rebelling but nothing dangerous for the rest of the world.
Mordent back then was a peaceful nation, with respect to knowledge. It was a good place to live. Valachan wasn't so peaceful. I don't enjoy forests and jungles but there were also hidden dangers lurking there. In our world, hidden dangers are everywhere, but it seems that people could transform to panther more often than in most lands I have seen."
Ixevim then gets to the old customs of Invidia and Borca as he has spent most of his time in the Core in these lands, speaking for a few minutes to the mercenary. Every now and then, he sent him a mental feeling of an emotion or a sound or an image to help him understand the feelings, the dialects and the way people dressed back in 755.
The words of Lady Ivana however cut him sort and he focuses on her words.

OOC> I play instead of VAN. Coan, VAN asks what Kimuriel understands with his sense motive skill, search skill and the rest of his mundane abilities.

IC> While Ixevim seem lost in his conversation with the Falkovian and Artemis enjoys the Mordentish music and speaks lightly with Ivana, Kimuriel takes some time to watch Artemis; to see what he can understand from the way he speaks, the volume of his voice, the way he looks at Ivana and the rest of them. He checks Artemis clothes for some clue on how he spent his time "freshing up" for the dinner.
Pretending he dropped his fork, he reaches down the table to see if Artemis' shoes or pants have new dust or earth on them from the last time he saw him, or if his clothes show strenuous activity.
My DMGuild work!