Favorite Non-Darklord NPCs

Discussing all things Ravenloft
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Re: Favorite Non-Darklord NPCs

Post by IanFordam »

Mistmaster wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:42 am I have purposedly kept George good giving him a little future werewolf son to protect.
Entirely in character if you ask me.
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

Rebel Mage wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:45 pm I love Jander Sunstar (he's an NPC in the campaign I'm running and is playing a pretty big part so far). I love the struggle between wanting to be good and the pull to evil vampirism gives... He's a sad little trash man and I love him.

My other favourite is Ezmerelda. Met her as an NPC in the first Curse of Strahd game I played and fell in love. I'm just... very gay.
Thanks for chiming in!
Mistmaster
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by Mistmaster »

IanFordam wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:49 pm
Mistmaster wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:42 am I have purposedly kept George good giving him a little future werewolf son to protect.
Entirely in character if you ask me.
Thanks.
IanFordam
Evil Genius
Evil Genius

Post by IanFordam »

The Lesser Evil wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:02 pm Dr. Gregorian Illhousen was a favorite of mine, for a few reasons. He's a good example of how non-adventurers can make a big difference. He has several interesting storylines. Independent of them, I found he was, as an oneirologist and an expert on the maladies of the mind, easy to slot into a couple of adventures as a consultant on such matters. His rider's dilemma from Gaz V was also a really interesting concept that gave me a clearer picture of the previously entangled Nova Vaasa domain. And his generally scruffy look kind of stands out in my mind.

Louise Renier was another one that came to mind. The thing she has going on in Scholar of Decay is a good show of how the pasture is not always greener on the other side.

In general I really like the collective cast of Carnival (both the l'Morai incarnation and Isolde's). It seems like they really allow for a unique and dynamic environment.
Because I'm easily distractible especially when I should be working on other things, I just spent an hour updating Dr. Illhousen's Mistipedia entry. Since I'm not particularly familiar with his various storylines, please let me know if there are any other sources which I should consult to expand his entry further.

Thanks for the other shout-outs as well!